Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

Best movie 2013

Created by southace > 9 months ago, 10 Mar 2013
southace
SA, 4776 posts
10 Mar 2013 11:15PM
Thumbs Up

A random pick today "Bad ass" turns out a winner! Based on true events awesome flick.

stamp
QLD, 2770 posts
10 Mar 2013 10:57PM
Thumbs Up

my pick for this year so far is 'seven psychopaths'

Mark _australia
WA, 22412 posts
10 Mar 2013 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

My "NOT the best flick of 2013" is based on an ad I saw on telly but minutes ago

The new Die Hard - with the "son" of the original hero, being the new hero.

Well in the last one (DH3) Brucie's one and only kid was a girl and was about 15? Wher was the son?

So for him to now have a kid who is a kick arse 18 y/o martial arts and CQB shooting expert, he'd have to have been at least a toddler in the last movie. Hmmm.

Maybe it will rival Terminator Salvation as being the movie GenY love but is soooo full of inconsistencies that those who know the first 3 think it is a load of sh!t.

Or maybe i is all about Bwooce Wiily's transgender was-a-daughter-now-a-male-killer child?

southace
SA, 4776 posts
11 Mar 2013 12:06AM
Thumbs Up

Mark you should get a job with these guys >

Mark _australia
WA, 22412 posts
10 Mar 2013 10:31PM
Thumbs Up

^^ lol
I dunno what the best is as I don't see all the ads

Just saw the ad for the new Die Hard crap about 2mins before this so had to mention it.

OMG now it gets wose.

Jsut saw ad for new G.I Joe movie.
G.I = Govt Issued
Joe - common name.
Was always about a normal dude in the services right?

Not now - can hover in the air delivering 3 roundhouse kicks in 0.01sec and shoot 15 people with one bullet - wow. Matrix but better.

Wollemi
NSW, 349 posts
11 Mar 2013 10:35AM
Thumbs Up

southace said...

A random pick today "Bad ass" turns out a winner! Based on true events awesome flick.

Once again, he goes for second-rate laughs on a low budget, depending on the ridiculousness of it all to entice viewers. What started as internet shock value turned into a joke, and that joke has been flattened into a humor-impaired bore in "Bad Ass."

www.blu-ray.com/Bad-Ass/103937/?show=preview

~~~~

Wikipedia;

'Bad Ass was loosely based on the AC Transit Bus fight, which was filmed by a bystander and became a viral video on YouTube.'

Bruso underwent psychiatric evaluation at John George Psychiatric Pavilion in San Leandro.

In addition to the "AC Transit Fight", another video involving Thomas Bruso was uploaded to YouTube. He was stunned with a taser twice at the Oakland Coliseum by police on August 3, 2009 for sitting in empty seats at a ball game, questioning what he did wrong, then for failing to immediately comply with police officers who demanded he move from the empty section. He was charged with resisting arrest and taken to a psychiatric hospital for evaluation.

~~~~

Yeah, southace, and what have you done for the dispossessed around you ?

This kind of story-telling as entertainment continues to dumb-down our society.

GalahOnTheBay
NSW, 4188 posts
11 Mar 2013 12:46PM
Thumbs Up

It's all: tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BreadAndCircuses

FlySurfer
NSW, 4453 posts
11 Mar 2013 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

Both "Bad Ass" and "Seven Psychopaths" are 2012 movies.

airjunkie
WA, 142 posts
11 Mar 2013 11:03AM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ yep

seven psychopaths was great

i think Django Unchained - released jan 24th

. . . . . in my opinion ending could have been better but definatley one of Tarrantino's better movies

Subscribe

Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

"Best movie 2013" started by southace