Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

Cisco's Friday Night Music Spot.

Created by cisco > 9 months ago, 9 Jul 2011
cisco
QLD, 12321 posts
20 Feb 2012 1:07AM
Thumbs Up

Little Feat, still kicking after all these years and here is them lickin' it in Jamaica a month ago.

These are from 1977.

cisco
QLD, 12321 posts
20 Feb 2012 2:02AM
Thumbs Up

Bit of older stuff you may or may not relate to.

Gestalt
QLD, 14303 posts
21 Feb 2012 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

Gestalt
QLD, 14303 posts
21 Feb 2012 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

-d_DwKAepjTgZQ2qevB2dY9AEHdh

Haircut
QLD, 6481 posts
22 Feb 2012 7:32PM
Thumbs Up

Haircut
QLD, 6481 posts
23 Feb 2012 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

Cassa
WA, 1305 posts
24 Feb 2012 7:57AM
Thumbs Up

Gestalt
QLD, 14303 posts
24 Feb 2012 3:22PM
Thumbs Up

^ jeez, what a bunch of hopeless old farts.

worship the master! proving that you don't need to sell your soul

choco
SA, 4024 posts
24 Feb 2012 9:17PM
Thumbs Up

Gestalt
QLD, 14303 posts
24 Feb 2012 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Gestalt
QLD, 14303 posts
25 Feb 2012 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

how about some local bands

Cassa
WA, 1305 posts
25 Feb 2012 5:37PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
^^^^
must be a queenslander thing ehh

You can actually listen to all of this

Ahh

Gestalt
QLD, 14303 posts
25 Feb 2012 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

yes it's true it's a qld thing. all of the GREAT aussie bands come from qld. hehe.

i don't mind the dandy warhols. mainly because they remind me of the brian jonestown massacre and they are on a whole other level.

there is a full gig on moshcam from a sydney show they did...... not that you'll like them
www.moshcam.com/videos/full-gigs/2210/brian-jonestown-massacre-metro-theatre-782?checked=true

evlPanda
NSW, 9202 posts
25 Feb 2012 11:39PM
Thumbs Up

Stuthepirate said...

evlPanda said...

Stuthepirate said...

Pump Up The Jam

Oh man. This and S-Express.

=

If you like that you must like this

[video of KLF - Last Train to Trancentral]

I loved 3am Eternal. I reckon that riff, I'm going over the edge here, is one of the ultimate symbols in the electronic music language.

(The version of 3am you are thinking of is actually very hard to find on YouTube. I'll let you look because it is amazing how many versions there are. Some quite funny.)

The same chord progression from '3am Eternal' is used on Burial's 'Untrue'. As in THE Burial track. Comes in very obvious at 2:14, but it's under the entire track.

Completely different topic. What the **** did I just find?
Do NOT click this link if you are.... oh just click it.

elbeau
WA, 986 posts
25 Feb 2012 9:17PM
Thumbs Up

I only meant to post the one song. Turns out to be the whole album. It is Worthy

elbeau
WA, 986 posts
25 Feb 2012 9:20PM
Thumbs Up

The lead break is by Terry Kath. Better than Hendrix....according to Hendrix. He sat in on their concert and stated as much. The horns kick in at 1.07 Lead starts at 2.49. This is probably one of the best and certainly one of the most underrated albums of the sixties.

Gestalt
QLD, 14303 posts
26 Feb 2012 3:27PM
Thumbs Up

nice on elbeau,

the metal head guy at the local servo put me onto porcupine tree late one evening.

cisco
QLD, 12321 posts
26 Feb 2012 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

Cassa said...

^^^
^^^^
must be a queenslander thing ehh

No that isn't a Queensland thing but this is.[}:)]

You can actually listen to all of this

And you can listen to all of it too.

cisco
QLD, 12321 posts
26 Feb 2012 9:53PM
Thumbs Up

elbeau said...

The lead break is by Terry Kath. Better than Hendrix....according to Hendrix. He sat in on their concert and stated as much. The horns kick in at 1.07 Lead starts at 2.49. This is probably one of the best and certainly one of the most underrated albums of the sixties.

Not only is the album underrated. The band is underrated.

Below is quoted from the uploader of the following song.

According to Billboard chart statistics, Chicago is second only to the Beach Boys as the most successful American rock band of all time, in terms of both albums and singles. Judged by album sales, as certified by the R.I.A.A., the band does not rank quite so high, but it is still among the Top Ten best-selling U.S. groups ever. If such statements of fact surprise, that's because Chicago has been singularly underrated since the beginning of its long career, both because of its musical ambitions (to the musicians, rock is only one of several styles of music to be used and blended, along with classical, jazz, R&B, and pop) and because of its refusal to emphasize celebrity over the music. The result has been that fundamentalist rock critics have consistently failed to appreciate its music and that its media profile has always been low. At the same time, however, Chicago has succeeded in the ways it intended to. From the beginning of its emergence as a national act, it has been able to fill arenas with satisfied fans. And beyond the impressive sales and chart statistics, its music has endured, played constantly on the radio and instantly familiar to tens of millions. When, in 2002, Chicago's biggest hits were assembled together on the two-disc set The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning and the album debuted in the Top 50, giving the band the distinction of having had chart albums in five consecutive decades, the music industry and some music journalists may have been startled. But the fans who had been supporting Chicago for over 30 years were not.

I have in mint condition the four LP vinyl record set of Chicago Live at Carnegie Hall complete with posters and album book.

The rendition of the above song on that album surpasses this one. Haven't found it on the tube yet.

Same song live on TV 1970.

cisco
QLD, 12321 posts
26 Feb 2012 10:20PM
Thumbs Up

I really don't mind if you sit this one out, but I am quite partial to it. It makes me T as a B.

elbeau
WA, 986 posts
26 Feb 2012 10:07PM
Thumbs Up

The thing is Cisco Chicago became so lame. The first album was sublime. Their second was littered with gems. The third had some enduring brilliance then that was about it. subsequent albums had some joy moments but they slowly moved from cool as dry ice to unbearably middle of the road. Terry Kath shooting himself had a bit to do with it I guess.

Gestalt
QLD, 14303 posts
27 Feb 2012 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

i wonder what hendrix would say if he was around to hear marc ribot
he's my pick of guitar players.

and with john zorn.

elbeau
WA, 986 posts
27 Feb 2012 6:35PM
Thumbs Up

The 2nd one with John Zorn was mesmerizing. nice

Haircut
QLD, 6481 posts
27 Feb 2012 11:00PM
Thumbs Up

more camp than a caravan park

Gestalt
QLD, 14303 posts
28 Feb 2012 2:22PM
Thumbs Up

something for the nirvana fans. get it while it's there. got this on dvd and it's a cracker. if you're into this sort of thing that is

petermac33
WA, 6415 posts
28 Feb 2012 4:43PM
Thumbs Up

Growing up my dad used to play this song on the radio-gram,last 30 seconds is an absolute master-piece.

Bet Cisco only one thou who will like it.

Best version is by Alistair McDonald on vinyl only.

cisco
QLD, 12321 posts
29 Feb 2012 12:06AM
Thumbs Up

^^Beautiful Peter. I am a sucker for Irish music and I am a sucker for sea shantys.

Maybe thee and others will enjoy this. Good looking girls at least.

Gestalt
QLD, 14303 posts
29 Feb 2012 1:42AM
Thumbs Up

lucky it wasn't in wales, those girls would have been fully nude by the end of it [}:)]

cisco
QLD, 12321 posts
29 Feb 2012 1:50AM
Thumbs Up

Gestalt said...

lucky it wasn't in wales, those girls would have been fully nude by the end of it [}:)]

And they would probably be hook nosed, barge arsed rangas too.

Gestalt
QLD, 14303 posts
29 Feb 2012 2:01AM
Thumbs Up

not in the parts of wales i've been to

Subscribe

Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

"Cisco's Friday Night Music Spot." started by cisco