Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

Gay Marriage ............ Anyone?

Created by log man > 9 months ago, 4 Dec 2011
cRAZY Canuk
NSW, 2528 posts
6 Dec 2011 11:51PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah fine go for it - enjoy marriage

Part of me wonders if the hair dresser asked the PM to marry him on his own accord or the PR people "nudged" him in that direction.

Out of curiosity if your a trans-gender person seeing a person of the same physical sexual orientation does that constitute gay marriage even though you don't identify yourself being of that sex?

Mark _australia
WA, 22423 posts
6 Dec 2011 10:17PM
Thumbs Up

What I have learned from this thread.

It is not OK to ostracise homosexuals. It is not OK to abuse them, take the p!ss etc, and we should treat them as equals. We should not treat them any different to anyone else. Awwww what a lovely warm snuggly feeling we all have, it like a cross between Helo Kitty, a marshmallow and a fluffy white cloud.

But it is OK to ostracise and abuse somebody for being Christian. Call them mediaeval and accuse them of all sorts of sh!t, tar them with the same brush cos somebody who was kinda similar (religiously) 1000 years ago set fire to a few gay dudes, so all Christians must be the same now.

Self righteous crew who are so up themselves because they are hetero but fight the good fight for gays and care about them - but hate on anyone who follows a religion. Yeah, good on ya.
Real inclusive and openminded (as you claim to be).

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" - Aristotle

log man
VIC, 8289 posts
7 Dec 2011 1:35AM
Thumbs Up

Mark _australia said...

It is not OK to ostracise homosexuals. It is not OK to abuse them, take the p!ss etc, and we should treat them as equals. We should not treat them any different to anyone else. Awwww what a lovely warm snuggly feeling we all have, it like a cross between Helo Kitty, a marshmallow and a fluffy white cloud.

But it is OK to ostracise and abuse somebody for being Christian. Call them mediaeval and accuse them of all sorts of sh!t, tar them with the same brush cos somebody who was kinda similar (religiously) 1000 years ago set fire to a few gay dudes, so all Christians must be the same now.

Self righteous crew who are so up themselves because they are hetero but fight the good fight for gays and care about them - but hate on anyone who follows a religion. Yeah, good on ya.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" - Aristotle

Don't particularly mind a christian, it's the bigoted, small minded, preachy, hating, homophobic Christians I have trouble with. And Mark it's great that you've learnt those things about homosexuals...... like you had to LEARN these things, crikey!

Silence
NSW, 123 posts
7 Dec 2011 1:36AM
Thumbs Up

Mark _australia said...

it's not right to ostracize a person because he/she believes in a God.
it's damn right to do it because he/she believes in a God AND because of this tries to limit other people freedom/life.

otherwise... why ostracize nazis? they just have their sacred beliefs!
or to stay on religion.. why don't why allow religions with human sacrifices? or satanics churches? why can't muslims flog their women in australia? (stoning to death isn't in the quran, floggin is)

we force religious people to be a little less idiotically dogmatic because we live in a civilized society.
or is it right to be dogmatic just with christians?

mineral1
WA, 4564 posts
6 Dec 2011 10:45PM
Thumbs Up

Mark _australia said...

Awwww mate, ya gorn an dun it now[}:)] I reckon you got at least two more pages with that bit of bait.
From an old political quote, throw a stone in among a pack of dogs, one will notice, only the mongrels bark" [}:)]

busterwa
3777 posts
6 Dec 2011 10:51PM
Thumbs Up

barn
WA, 2960 posts
6 Dec 2011 10:55PM
Thumbs Up

C'mon Mark!

Gay people are born that way, it's biological. Embryogenesis is complicated and things often get mixed up. It's not a persons choice to be gay, just like I assume you never made the choice to be straight?

Christianity/Islam is a intellectual position, anybody can be a Chrislam, it's a choice. And reading the comments by Jsnfok it's obvious Christianity (in its purist form) is a catalyst for bigotry. Jsnfoks hatred of Gays is strictly a result of his religion. Why should we be afraid to offend his beliefs. Moderate Christians create an environment for Fundamentalists, so moderated get to cop it also..

You also cannot abuse people for their skin colour, but if somebody thinks that Time Traveling Shape Shifting Aliens run the planet and are reading our minds then you can give 'em hell, cause it's an intelectual position and a bloody stupid one.

-------

TL;DR There is a difference between a biological sexual orientation and believing the world was created in 7 days by a bearded man in the sky who decided to have himself killed 2000 years ago to redeem humans from the inherited sin of eating fruit from a talking snake.

busterwa
3777 posts
6 Dec 2011 11:19PM
Thumbs Up

cisco
QLD, 12337 posts
7 Dec 2011 1:23AM
Thumbs Up

Gay marriages are great. Ours was really gay with the ceremony at the little old C of E church in the shadow of the light house and the reception at our local bird sanctuary park resort and over a 100 people there.

Professional caterers put on a three course banquet with the main being "pig on a spit", me chopping the wedding cake in half with a cane cutter's machete, plenty of grog and a few j's going round at the fire place after dinner and the whole shebang only cost us a couple of grand.

Everybody should have at least one Gay Marriage in their life.

If it doesn't work out you can go find another woman, pull yourself or even try having it off with other blokes or goats or dogs or you name it.

It just depends on how low you are prepared to let your morals go.

Ados
WA, 421 posts
7 Dec 2011 12:12AM
Thumbs Up

cisco said...

Gay marriages are great. Ours was really gay with the ceremony at the little old C of E church in the shadow of the light house and the reception at our local bird sanctuary park resort and over a 100 people there.

Professional caterers put on a three course banquet with the main being "pig on a spit", me chopping the wedding cake in half with a cane cutter's machete, plenty of grog and a few j's going round at the fire place after dinner and the whole shebang only cost us a couple of grand.

If it doesn't work out you can go find another woman, pull yourself or even try having it off with other blokes or goats or dogs or you name it.

why does everybody keep talking about bestiality?

log man
VIC, 8289 posts
7 Dec 2011 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

cisco said...

Goats or dogs?????....... I don't get it and Cisco why limit yourself to mammals?. What's wrong with doing it with a trout or a salmon. A sexy seagull maybe?

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
7 Dec 2011 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

barn said...

laceys lane said...

and i'm wondering how many of the' it's ok to be a gay couples kid advocates' would like to be in that situation when they were kids- none i bet.

Essentially your argument is that the kids will be subject to bullying by bigoted kids, probably raised by bigoted parents like yourself? Does the same argument apply for Mixed marriages with half cast kids? Did you rip into them when you were at school?

If a gay couple has kids, they then give a kid a chance at life..

So it's option 1, get born and risk being bullied at school, or option 2, not get born and not exist.

I'd rather exist myself, be the kid with gay parents who called me Sue and I'd learn to be one tough mother..

i'm arguing kids rights and their well being, your arguing gay rights and their well being.

i don't take to kindly being called a bigot on a public forum you **** wit

not happy jan

felixdcat
WA, 3519 posts
7 Dec 2011 5:12PM
Thumbs Up

Mark _australia said...

Agree mate, I do not mind gays myself.... but maybe just if they are christians, black or yellow..... eat whale meat .... came on a sinking boat breed goats in Ningaloo and do not like porc on their pizzas maybe then maybe.... errrr! ok!

barn
WA, 2960 posts
7 Dec 2011 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

laceys lane said...

i'm arguing kids rights and their well being, your arguing gay rights and their well being.

not happy jan

No I'm arguing that people should mind their own business and let gay people live their lives. I don't see the point in marriage myself, but there is no valid argument to stop them.

Your main problem seems to be about the dire predicament of the poor kids with same sex parents..

'Ohh, won't somebody please think of the children'

I knew a kid with two mums, (that was the story anyway) we didn't tease him it was just his thing. I also knew a kid whose mum was Indonesian and his dad was a Caucasian bikie who ran out. Both these kids were equally average.

You're argument is that the kids are gonna get teased and labeled outcasts, and it will be so bad that it's better that they weren't born at all.. If this really is a problem then the solution is to fix the bigotry of the public..

We never banned mixed marriage because the halfcast kids faced a potential onslaught of lunchtime wedgies and wet willies.. FFS

If the government says it's illegal for gay people to raise kids then they are legally second class citizens and they will forever be outcasts. The first place to change public perceptions is to change the discriminatory laws..

Here is a kid with two mums, look how much of a freak he is..

saltiest1
NSW, 2496 posts
8 Dec 2011 1:02AM
Thumbs Up

barn said...

laceys lane said...

not happy jan

No I'm arguing that people should mind their own business and let gay people live their lives. I don't see the point in marriage myself, but there is no valid argument to stop them.

Your main problem seems to be about the dire predicament of the poor kids with same sex parents..

I knew a kid with two mums, (that was the story anyway) we didn't tease him it was just his thing. I also knew a kid whose mum was Indonesian and his dad was a Caucasian bikie who ran out. Both these kids were equally average.

You're argument is that the kids are gonna get teased and labeled outcasts, and it will be so bad that it's better that they weren't born at all.. If this really is a problem then the solution is to fix the bigotry of the public..

We never banned mixed marriage because the halfcast kids faced a potential onslaught of lunchtime wedgies and wet willies.. FFS

If the government says it's illegal for gay people to raise kids then they are legally second class citizens and they will forever be outcasts. The first place to change public perceptions is to change the discriminatory laws..

you can tell hes got 2 mums, he talks way too much.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
8 Dec 2011 12:06AM
Thumbs Up

barn said...

laceys lane said...

not happy jan

yes, it's a nice story. do you think it would have been the same if he had two dads.

i'm not saying harassment is right, far from it. as a matter of fact i had issues being a kid with red hair and freckles- nearly as bad as being a half cast as you mentioned

i'm just glad i had a mum and dad. two dads, red hair and freckles would have been too much. isn't life so perfect

Little Jon
NSW, 2115 posts
8 Dec 2011 8:00AM
Thumbs Up

Maybe christians should not be allowed to have children, if they do then take the kids off them, tell the kids their parents died and they should be punished by a rock spider...like the stolen generation

petermac33
WA, 6415 posts
8 Dec 2011 5:54AM
Thumbs Up

Gay marriage..........or a bit of this.

Preferences please.

.be

saltiest1
NSW, 2496 posts
8 Dec 2011 9:20AM
Thumbs Up

Little Jon said...

Maybe christians should not be allowed to have children, if they do then take the kids off them, tell the kids their parents died and they should be punished by a rock spider...like the stolen generation

ffs! thatll help the kids. try saying that about so many other minority groups and thered be outcry.
i think its a bit harsh all this generalising. theres a hell of a lot of good being done by the churches, they just dont go on about it & i reckon society would be worse off without em.

myusernam
QLD, 6124 posts
8 Dec 2011 8:28AM
Thumbs Up

log man were you asking? send photos

seriously
Commitment ceremony yes. (hard enough to keep them out of public shxtters;)
Marriage no.
Equal rights - not really
Adoption etc NOPE

It's evolution.

Lesbos shouldn't even be able to use a turkey baster and doner sperm. They should both have to do it with some guy who doesn't get much. kind of like a public service. The government could keep a register or something.

ockanui
VIC, 1301 posts
8 Dec 2011 9:35AM
Thumbs Up

I am a pretty tolerant person, race, religion ,sexuality, but having just seen the fat vids pm posted ..... the line is in the sand....

saltiest1
NSW, 2496 posts
8 Dec 2011 9:37AM
Thumbs Up

remove my eyes. please.

petermac33
WA, 6415 posts
8 Dec 2011 7:30AM
Thumbs Up

Homosexuality is used to subvert society.

A line from henrymakow.com

'Men who prefer sex with men and women who have no use for men don't produce offspring from their 'bond'. [de-population]

Can a kid have a normal life with 2 parents of the same sex?

Silence
NSW, 123 posts
8 Dec 2011 11:03AM
Thumbs Up

petermac33 said...

Homosexuality is used to subvert society.

A line from henrymakow.com

'Men who prefer sex with men and women who have no use for men don't produce offspring from their 'bond'. [de-population]

Can a kid have a normal life with 2 parents of the same sex?

well, we are 7 BILLION in this world, so if it was true it wouldn't be a bad thing but it's still a load of bollocks...

if having more gay people around you turns you into gay, it means you just needed an excuse to stop repressing your true self.

FFS surrond me with the gayiest people you can find for a year, and I'm still gonna ask for boobs! It doesn't do ANYTHING to YOUR sexuality, other people's sexuality.

of course, if a gay boy or girl gets brainwashed daily from some strict parents he/she may think to be straight and act like one for years, but it won't feel right and he/she will suffer and vice versa.

but honestly, I have heard of many people ostracized because they were gay in a strict straight family, how many people have ostracized because they were straight in a gay family?

moreover I have never heard any gay person say "we are better than straight people" (unless they were talking about some case specifical, as "we are better than those aggro idiots that yell at us") I always heard them say "we are human beings, we want the same right of every human being"

dan berry
WA, 2562 posts
8 Dec 2011 8:20AM
Thumbs Up

Why would you give a sh$&t??? If it's not hurting anyone else why would you care if two people want to get married .......Unless the thought stirs up strange unknown feelings inside you that is. I found this link quite amusing
michaelhans.com/eclecticism/2004/02/18/why-gay-marriage-should-not-be-legalized/

log man
VIC, 8289 posts
8 Dec 2011 11:21AM
Thumbs Up

myusernam said...

log man were you asking? send photos

seriously
Commitment ceremony yes. (hard enough to keep them out of public shxtters;)
Marriage no.
Equal rights - not really
Adoption etc NOPE

It's evolution.

Lesbos shouldn't even be able to use a turkey baster and doner sperm. They should both have to do it with some guy who doesn't get much. kind of like a public service. The government could keep a register or something.

How is it evolution, and why the **** do I care?

BulldogPup
6657 posts
8 Dec 2011 8:34AM
Thumbs Up

..... oh Loggy - you have really done it now!

japie
NSW, 6937 posts
8 Dec 2011 1:22PM
Thumbs Up

barn said...

C'mon Mark!

Gay people are born that way, it's biological. Embryogenesis is complicated and things often get mixed up. It's not a persons choice to be gay, just like I assume you never made the choice to be straight?

That is not true. Many hoosexual people are born that way, far many more people practise same sex because of learned behaviour. All behaviour is learned so exposure to weird sexual practices from early cognition, as with violence or converseley compassion and a loving environment, they will all be part of that persons make up.

If you can accept that then it suddenly throws a whole new light on the subject in question.

(Reminds me of a quote from a fascinating book on graffitti taken from a toilet wall. Some poor pervert had scrawled " My mother made me a homosexual" underneath which some sparkling wit had replied

"If I give her the wool will she make me one too?")

Sex is an immensley powerful thing and much has been written about it's maluseage in ancient Rome. One thing I have discovered in my almost three score years is that relationships builst on sex lose their shine when the sex becomes old hat, which it always does.

If you strive for satisfaction for lust then you can run the risk of your life spiralling out of control. Take a look at what happened to Tiger Woods. His addiction has very likely destroyed his actual sex life. There must be a myriad of guys out there, and girls, who contracted aids for starters.

saltiest1
NSW, 2496 posts
8 Dec 2011 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

dan berry said...

Why would you give a sh$&t??? If it's not hurting anyone else why would you care if two people want to get married .......Unless the thought stirs up strange unknown feelings inside you that is. I found this link quite amusing
michaelhans.com/eclecticism/2004/02/18/why-gay-marriage-should-not-be-legalized/

thats the problem. we dont know the long term effects on society, ie the kids they want to bring up. can of worms isnt it?

japie
NSW, 6937 posts
8 Dec 2011 1:35PM
Thumbs Up

saltiest1 said...

dan berry said...

thats the problem. we dont know the long term effects on society, ie the kids they want to bring up. can of worms isnt it?

We do know the long term effects on society. Look at Rome and Greece. And Sodom and Gomorrah. Look at today versus fifty years ago.

The proliferation of pornography, along with every other subvertion of sex, is a deliberate goal. Have a bit of a read about Kinsey.

There are some very very sick people out there

Subscribe

Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

"Gay Marriage ............ Anyone?" started by log man