Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

London 2012

Created by The Grinch > 9 months ago, 24 Aug 2008
The Grinch
WA, 733 posts
24 Aug 2008 10:21PM
Thumbs Up

Any one see the London 2012 pre olympic ceremony at Beijing closing ceremony?

What a pile of poo!

They must have spent all of five hundred bucks on that bus.

Could have only been worse if David Beckham made a speech.

GlenMorangie
WA, 88 posts
24 Aug 2008 11:24PM
Thumbs Up

How was the London mayor?!?! What a geezer! Everyone else is looking pretty well scrubbed up and all professional and its like - spot the pom.

DavMen
NSW, 1499 posts
25 Aug 2008 9:10AM
Thumbs Up

And Jimmy Page playing guitar - how the greats even sell out

poor relative
WA, 9089 posts
25 Aug 2008 7:52AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah the mayor was a crack up.
Was waiting for him to give a speech now that would have been classic.

Mark _australia
WA, 22423 posts
25 Aug 2008 8:03AM
Thumbs Up

I was just waiting for him to produce a bottle and have a swig.
Looked like Sir Les Patterson crapping himself in front of a big crowd

user
WA, 1140 posts
25 Aug 2008 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

You guys are just peeved because Oz got well beaten by the Poms !!

westhammer
WA, 505 posts
25 Aug 2008 10:36PM
Thumbs Up

Go back to your roots and look again boyz.Grinch is it all about cash.Do you rearly give a fk,whats the point.Grow up and live united.

manicskier
VIC, 772 posts
26 Aug 2008 12:42AM
Thumbs Up

user said...

You guys are just peeved because Oz got well beaten by the Poms !!

Well not just the poms, the welsh, scottish and the irish..... to be fair

I think there should be a per captial tally as well

WINDY MILLER
WA, 3183 posts
26 Aug 2008 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

as an ex-pom...i've got to tell you that the british don't really have any rivalry with aussies, (bar cricket but thats just for 1% of the population),,,, in fact most of them don't give a stuff about the olypmics, it's just a bit of entertainment on the box for a couple of weeks...

there's only one sporting event thats going to stop this nation in its tracks and get emotions to boiling point...thats the football world cup (soccer).

The old sporting enemy is Germany, always will be; followed by Argentina...hmmmm the last two countries they declared war on...

frant
VIC, 1230 posts
26 Aug 2008 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

I thought the respective sports ministers had made a bet as to which country would win the most medals. Our minister unfortunately made it clear that the loser wasn't going to do a nudie run.

bigmark100
NSW, 584 posts
26 Aug 2008 3:38PM
Thumbs Up

poor relative said...

Yeah the mayor was a crack up.
Was waiting for him to give a speech now that would have been classic.

He did give a speech...and it was classic. He looks a bit rough - but he is a good guy.

www.smh.com.au/world/from-ping-pong-to-wiff-waff-boris-johnson-lauds-team-gb-20080825-gdssed.html

I doubt the London Olympics will be as spectacular as the Beijing ones, however its likely to be a lot more fun.

DavMen
NSW, 1499 posts
26 Aug 2008 3:56PM
Thumbs Up

bigmark100 said...

I doubt the London Olympics will be as spectacular as the Beijing ones, however its likely to be a lot more fun.

And a lot more dangerous me thinks.

The Grinch
WA, 733 posts
26 Aug 2008 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

The bus was still sh.. t

And yes, it is all about the money.
The last thing London needs is another temporary building.

I want a Terradactyle Nest Sports Stadium and enough fire works so you can see them from Belgium.
And the Beatles, with john Lennon and that other one brough back to life by Cloning.

In reality all we'll get is a bunch of art students and a Pakistani getting on and off a bus!

And I want all the Great British sports brought into the Olympics so we can win more medals.
Like Egg and Spoon Race, snooker, darts, pub crawls, British Bulldogs.

Bondalucci
VIC, 1579 posts
26 Aug 2008 11:46PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah, I'm tipping the Pom's will be pushing hard for Darts as a "demonstration Sport"

Gonewindsurfing247
WA, 966 posts
27 Aug 2008 10:49AM
Thumbs Up

I would prefer to watch Darts over swimming, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, swimming, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, swimming, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, swimming, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, swimming, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, swimming,commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, swimming,commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, swimming
any day!!!!!!!

I love the commentary on Darts - oneeeeeeehunnnnndrrrrredddddandeightyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

user
WA, 1140 posts
27 Aug 2008 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

Ah,yes, darts ,.

What other pro sport can you play,where you can sink a few schooies or pints while winning a few hundred thousand dollars ?

stamp
QLD, 2770 posts
27 Aug 2008 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

snooker? cricket?

WINDY MILLER
WA, 3183 posts
28 Aug 2008 12:14AM
Thumbs Up

Bill Werbeniuk would drink six or eight pints before a match of snooker and a pint each frame to alleviate a hereditary arm judder.

WINDY MILLER
WA, 3183 posts
28 Aug 2008 12:16AM
Thumbs Up

Gonewindsurfing247 said...

I would prefer to watch Darts over swimming, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, swimming, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, swimming, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, swimming, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, swimming, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, swimming,commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, swimming,commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, commercial, swimming
any day!!!!!!!

I love the commentary on Darts - oneeeeeeehunnnnndrrrrredddddandeightyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

keep out of the black and in the red, nothing in this game for 2 in a bed.

there's yer B.F.H and tankards.

ahhhhhhhh living GOD,,, sundays will never be the same

Kitesplosh
VIC, 123 posts
28 Aug 2008 1:13PM
Thumbs Up

If you want to diss the the Poms in the Olympics, best thing to do is find out what they are saying about themselves:

www.thedailymash.co.uk/****-again-200808191183/

They deserve a gold medal in putting themselves down.

KS

(a [kind of] ex-Pom)

The Grinch
WA, 733 posts
28 Aug 2008 6:15PM
Thumbs Up

Some classic dart Commentary from Sid Waddell.

"There couldn't have been more sensation if Elvis walked in here and asked for a chip sandwich."

"When Alexander of Macedonia was 33 he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer - Bristow is only 27!"

Class.

WINDY MILLER
WA, 3183 posts
28 Aug 2008 9:17PM
Thumbs Up

sporting legends at the peak of physical fitness....

The Grinch
WA, 733 posts
28 Aug 2008 9:56PM
Thumbs Up

A golden age of television.

Only surpassed by "Wheel Tappers and Shunters"

poor relative
WA, 9089 posts
28 Aug 2008 9:58PM
Thumbs Up

WINDY MILLER said...

Bill Werbeniuk would drink six or eight pints before a match of snooker and a pint each frame to alleviate a hereditary arm judder.

Jimmy White was the same except his drug was cocaine.

Subscribe

Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

"London 2012" started by The Grinch