Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

WE ARE ALL GOING TO HELL.... example #23, 467

Created by theDoctor > 9 months ago, 24 Sep 2012
theDoctor
NSW, 5780 posts
24 Sep 2012 8:31PM
Thumbs Up

seriously...?

Pre-peeled bananas re-packaged in cellophane-covered foam trays. One of the reasons bananas have been billed as the world's most perfect food is that they come with their own biodegradable packaging straight off the tree. And it's not like you need a knife or some wacky kitchen contraption to peel them.
monkeys peel there own bananas.... ARE YOU STUPIDER THAN A MONKEY..?

Ellobuddha
NSW, 625 posts
24 Sep 2012 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

Thats a disgrace. That should be illegal.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
24 Sep 2012 6:42PM
Thumbs Up

Ellobuddha said...

Thats a disgrace. That should be illegal.

+1 - I agree. Who the F would buy bananas like that...

LeStef
ACT, 514 posts
24 Sep 2012 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

Which country is that from ? Just amazing.

I still can't believe that in Australia we have to buy them at over 3 bucks (in the "main" supermarkets) while the whole rest of the world have them for less than a $
Lucky we can still find some small Fr&Ve around, but have to look for them.

Mark _australia
WA, 22423 posts
24 Sep 2012 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

Well whose fault is it? Really....???

Not that long ago, you would buy butter or a loaf a bread and they wrapped it for you. At a different shop (now listen up kiddies....) you would buy meat. At yet another shop there was fruit n veg. You didn't buy it all pre-packed at ONE place.

But now we have a duopoly with 2 big chains that supply everything and they fkd the little stores over. So now we have mass produced sh!t of all sorts and ridiculous "convenience" like above with all the wastage it entails.

The amount of packing, of things that don't need to be packed, is staggering.

cRAZY Canuk
NSW, 2528 posts
24 Sep 2012 10:19PM
Thumbs Up

LeStef said...

Which country is that from ? Just amazing.

Billa's an Italian/euro supermarket

pweedas
WA, 4642 posts
24 Sep 2012 8:28PM
Thumbs Up

Hey what a great idea.
Where can I buy some.
Why didn't someone think of it sooner.
(red thumbs on the left )

Carantoc
WA, 6666 posts
24 Sep 2012 8:31PM
Thumbs Up

Maybe the only way to wash all the chemtrails off is to peel them then rinse in an acid bath.

Perhaps the inside can't be washed properly through the peel, and they are only looking after your health in case you don't wash them correctly at home ??

..And - bananas were $2.49 / kg in Coles 2 days ago, I bought 3. Man - those prices are down down and staying down.

theDoctor
NSW, 5780 posts
24 Sep 2012 11:27PM
Thumbs Up

if you wanted to go the conspiracy trail

you'd say they peeled the nanna's first cause word is catching on that nanna skins can help cure everything from warts to hep-c to HIV and the big C...

but its' most likely that consumers are put off by the brown spots on the nanna skin, when in reality, it indicates the best moment for the nanna to be eaten..

and really ripe nannas', like black and squishy and a little bit pungent... are rumored to be slightly hallucinogenic....

cisco
QLD, 12337 posts
24 Sep 2012 11:57PM
Thumbs Up

theDoctor said...

seriously...?

Pre-peeled bananas re-packaged in cellophane-covered foam trays. One of the reasons bananas have been billed as the world's most perfect food is that they come with their own biodegradable packaging straight off the tree. And it's not like you need a knife or some wacky kitchen contraption to peel them.

What we call and accept as bananas were actually developed in the "Gardens of Kew" from very sparse (ie mostly seed and not much flesh) examples brought back from South America which were then hybridised to be fatter and supposedly more palatable.

Some of the Amazonian tribe's staple diet consists of banana stew/pudding/soup of which a certain amount is human spittle.

Anybody who wants the REAL backpacker experience should go there.

GreenGriff
SA, 137 posts
26 Sep 2012 10:44AM
Thumbs Up

Its called value adding

Pugwash
WA, 7671 posts
26 Sep 2012 9:35AM
Thumbs Up

Mark _australia said...

Well whose fault is it? Really....???

Not that long ago, you would buy butter or a loaf a bread and they wrapped it for you. At a different shop (now listen up kiddies....) you would buy meat. At yet another shop there was fruit n veg. You didn't buy it all pre-packed at ONE place.

But now we have a duopoly with 2 big chains that supply everything and they fkd the little stores over. So now we have mass produced sh!t of all sorts and ridiculous "convenience" like above with all the wastage it entails.

The amount of packing, of things that don't need to be packed, is staggering.

Dood - what are you talking about

Bread comes from a bakery... they pack it in a paper bag after I buy it It is definately NOT sliced

Fruit and veg come from my local greenie... Cheaper, fresher, no packaging I pack it in to a used cardboard box to get it home

Meat comes from the butcher...

Super markets

evlPanda
NSW, 9202 posts
26 Sep 2012 11:42AM
Thumbs Up

^ I've found on numerous occasions that the Coles butcher is better than the "real" butcher.

cisco said...

What we call and accept as bananas were actually developed in the "Gardens of Kew" from very sparse (ie mostly seed and not much flesh) examples brought back from South America which were then hybridised to be fatter and supposedly more palatable.

Some of the Amazonian tribe's staple diet consists of banana stew/pudding/soup of which a certain amount is human spittle.

Anybody who wants the REAL backpacker experience should go there.

And here's me thinking they were a random cross-pollination, similar to the ass that comes from a donkey and a horse, that occurred in South-East Asia.

This was damn interesting:
www.damninteresting.com/the-unfortunate-sex-life-of-the-banana/

Dr Funk
NSW, 348 posts
26 Sep 2012 11:54AM
Thumbs Up

theDoctor said...

if you wanted to go the conspiracy trail

you'd say they peeled the nanna's first cause word is catching on that nanna skins can help cure everything from warts to hep-c to HIV and the big C...

but its' most likely that consumers are put off by the brown spots on the nanna skin, when in reality, it indicates the best moment for the nanna to be eaten..

and really ripe nannas', like black and squishy and a little bit pungent... are rumored to be slightly hallucinogenic....

My grand dad used to eat my nanna all the time......I think that's why she was always smiling......

tatkins
QLD, 344 posts
26 Sep 2012 12:26PM
Thumbs Up

Its to stop people drying out and smoking the skins.

Banana skins and alcohol are banned in some parts of the world

FlySurfer
NSW, 4453 posts
26 Sep 2012 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Will I get packaged bananas in Hell?
What about caned fruit?
Will Juliar be there? I think she got a stomach bug from the Bananas.

I'm certain I'll get an iPhone 666 while queuing up at the gates!

felixdcat
WA, 3519 posts
26 Sep 2012 1:41PM
Thumbs Up

What I want to know is who is packing them???? Because the bastard is eating some of it ?????!!!!!!

seanhogan
QLD, 3424 posts
26 Sep 2012 6:09PM
Thumbs Up

can we have them sliced ?

fingerbone
NSW, 921 posts
26 Sep 2012 7:35PM
Thumbs Up

This is much tastier....

FormulaNova
WA, 14734 posts
26 Sep 2012 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

^ uuggghh. Why dont't they sell those here ?

tmurray
WA, 485 posts
26 Sep 2012 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

www.bobevansgrocery.com/our-brands/bob-evans-egg-whites/?prid=2

You can get raw eggs in a milk carton. Apparently it's better than eggs in a shell, but I couldn't figure out why.
They've been around in the US for ages.

Also my local fruit and veg shop sells pre-hulled strawberries in a styrofoam and gladwrap package. I guess some people like to buy a product that goes off in a few hours rather than a few days so that they can save all that precious time cutting the ends off strawberries.

NotWal
QLD, 7428 posts
26 Sep 2012 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

Maybe they are cleverly repackaging the ones with lots of black marks.
When they get a bit bruised they fly them of to a third world country where urchins peel them and repackage them for $1 a tonne.

VB MAN
1156 posts
27 Sep 2012 2:51PM
Thumbs Up

theDoctor said...

seriously...?

Showed that pic to one of my girlfriends. She said YEAHHHHHH

VB MAN
1156 posts
27 Sep 2012 3:08PM
Thumbs Up

theDoctor said...

seriously...?

Yo Doc, love most of your postings, but this is and should continue to be a fun site.
Yes I fully believe 911 was an inside job
Yes I fully believe that the whole afghanistan thing is a hoax
Yes I fully believe Martin Bryant was a patsy
But take it elsewhere dude
Let us enjoy the little time we have left OK
Get it ???

stamp
QLD, 2770 posts
27 Sep 2012 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

too much vb tonight, man? i think you missed the tone and point of doc's original post. take a breath, reread and think before you type eh?
(and the monkey quote is from the simpsons, don't take offence).

dafrog
321 posts
28 Sep 2012 7:04PM
Thumbs Up

that too:

WTF

Haircut
QLD, 6481 posts
28 Sep 2012 10:17PM
Thumbs Up

seanhogan said...

can we have them sliced ?

brilliant

i'm told that peeling them increases storage life when chilled, plus the skins usually go black when frozen

jsnfok
WA, 899 posts
28 Sep 2012 10:08PM
Thumbs Up

hahahahahaahahah AHHAHAHHhHHHHAHHAHAHhhHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA

aaaaaahhhhh

effin idiots

FlySurfer
NSW, 4453 posts
2 Oct 2012 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

FlySurfer said...
Will I get packaged bananas in Hell?
What about caned fruit?
Will Juliar be there? I think she got a stomach bug from the Bananas.

I'm certain I'll get an iPhone 666 while queuing up at the gates!

Apple Friday close: $666.66

www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-09-28/apple-has-satanic-close-quarter

evlPanda
NSW, 9202 posts
2 Oct 2012 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

6 is the first perfect number.

busterwa
3777 posts
2 Oct 2012 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Don't pass go don't collect 200$$$

Subscribe

Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

"WE ARE ALL GOING TO HELL.... example #23, 467" started by theDoctor