Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

World Cup 2010

Created by choco > 9 months ago, 6 Jun 2010
decrepit
WA, 12161 posts
21 Jun 2010 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

All I can say is, GO the KIWIS

japie
NSW, 6931 posts
21 Jun 2010 10:24PM
Thumbs Up

I don't have a tv but saw a game in a pub the other night. That racket is staggerinlgy loud staggeringly in your face and staggerlingly inane. How a sport can allow that to happen in a nation of born entertainers is mind numbing.

Bees? ****ing big bastards and lots of them. My daughter tells me that it has spread to the suburbs and households watching at bbq's compete with one another to keep it up.

Be very careful. She is aussie born and she and her boyfriend have bought one each! And she was raised on rugby ****ing boyfriend

gonefishin
WA, 4 posts
21 Jun 2010 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

decrepit said...

All I can say is, GO the KIWIS

They did OK but they had to put up with a bit of this

nebbian
WA, 6277 posts
21 Jun 2010 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

So can someone tell me how long I have to wait until Mythbusters is back on?

Will put the telly in storage until then.

decrepit
WA, 12161 posts
21 Jun 2010 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

Well after the cup finishes, the tour starts, so it may be a while.

BadAltitude
33 posts
22 Jun 2010 6:28AM
Thumbs Up

England are a waste of space at the moment, a very disgruntled general public over here right now. Rooney should be shipped home if he oesnt want to play.

I put up with football when its world cup but god almighty its rammed down your throat.
I like the Rugby myself and enjoyed the first decent perfomance from Johnsons England on Saturday. Great trys from both sides. Had a quick squint at the Aussie press to see if Mat Gitau got any stick for the howler he missed. Didnt seem to which suprised me as that little smile he had on his face when he turned away would have made my blood boil if it had been Flood.

We may have taken you in the 20/20 but I think you could get the upper hand in the ODI starting tomorrow as the weather has been hot and dry here which lets face it, we aint used to.

Aussie arent disgracing themselves in the football and they are getting a fair bit of English support (can you beleive that) Gernany was a bit of a slip but having 10 men int help - lots of iffy sendings off. I wager this WC could be the catalyst of change to bring in video refs and put an end to the panzy pewfters who roll around cheating their asses off and ruining an already pants game

DipsyGriftir
40 posts
22 Jun 2010 8:50AM
Thumbs Up

Brazil v Chile in final(if draw works out) or else Brazil.

Baita
41 posts
22 Jun 2010 9:50AM
Thumbs Up

germany will take it out for sure.

choco
SA, 4034 posts
22 Jun 2010 3:43PM
Thumbs Up

friday's game Portugal v Brasil will be a ripper, after watching last nights game Cristiano Ronaldo is simply a cut above the rest and gets paid well;
; born 5 February 1985),[2] commonly known as Cristiano Ronaldo, is a Portuguese footballer who plays as a winger or a forward for Spanish club Real Madrid and serves as captain of the Portuguese national team. Ronaldo currently holds the distinction of being the most expensive player in football history after being transferred from Manchester United to Real Madrid in a transfer deal worth £80 million (€94m, US$132m). In addition, his contract with Real Madrid, in which he is to be paid £11 million per year over the following six years, makes him the highest paid football player in the world.[3]

getfunky
WA, 4485 posts
22 Jun 2010 3:10PM
Thumbs Up

And world leaders get paid about 1/1000th of his wage.

No wonder the world is goin down the sh!tter.

DipsyGriftir
40 posts
22 Jun 2010 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Coco - Ronaldo doesn't come near to this guy!
Lionel Messi who currently plays for Barcelona and the Argentine national team. Considered one of the best football players of his generation and frequently cited as the world's best contemporary player, Messi received several Ballon d'Or and FIFA World Player of the Year nominations by the age of 21 and won both by the age of 22. His playing style and ability have drawn comparisons to Diego Maradona, who himself declared Messi his "successor."

getfunky
WA, 4485 posts
22 Jun 2010 3:55PM
Thumbs Up

I like what you've done with your hair GD.

BadAltitude
33 posts
23 Jun 2010 7:18AM
Thumbs Up

Interesting choice of players in the above few posts
Messi
Ronaldo
Maradonna
The way these guys cheat is appauling, gamesmanship, rolling around like they've been shot. I think they all need a good ******* beating to give em something worth rolling around for. Thats why I hate football

colinwill78
VIC, 1395 posts
24 Jun 2010 7:21AM
Thumbs Up

Might be time to jump back on the socceroo band wagon.
Naahhhhh, F That!

Makaha
1145 posts
24 Jun 2010 5:34AM
Thumbs Up

not good enough, I'd look at the section panel first up.
Harry unfit to play the first two games of 90. mins.

Tommy Oarr should have stayed in the quad,delivering killer
balls to Kennedy would have made a huge difference.

Craig Moore too old to slow, his days have past
at that level, stopping sticking his hand up time after time for
off side putting the keeper under pressure Lazy

rant over

evlPanda
NSW, 9202 posts
24 Jun 2010 11:27PM
Thumbs Up

There is a little soccer ball button on YouTube now. I wonder what it does?

You'll have to copypasta, and add the first "w'. Only there on youtube.

BadAltitude
33 posts
25 Jun 2010 4:04AM
Thumbs Up

Socceroos did alright. First 45 they were under pressure but the second hapf was all one way traffic.
That second goal was a belter, we were all shouting for Australia in our house, shame it didnt pan out in the end.

Australia are flying home in good company - France and Italy !!! those guys are usually there - what a shocker

decrepit
WA, 12161 posts
25 Jun 2010 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

BadAltitude said...

Socceroos did alright. First 45 they were under pressure but the second hapf was all one way traffic.
That second goal was a belter, we were all shouting for Australia in our house, shame it didnt pan out in the end.

Australia are flying home in good company - France and Italy !!! those guys are usually there - what a shocker

Yep, I really enjoyed that last game, pity they weren't allowed to play like that in the first.

choco
SA, 4034 posts
25 Jun 2010 11:15PM
Thumbs Up

after watching tonights Cats-Saints game, soccer aint so boring,afl has become so sterile they may as well use a round ball because the style of game play looks alot like soccer.

maxm
NSW, 864 posts
26 Jun 2010 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

japie
NSW, 6931 posts
27 Jun 2010 12:26AM
Thumbs Up

Found the origon of the vuvuzelas - bee noise instruments.

GypsyDrifter
WA, 2371 posts
27 Jun 2010 10:36AM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Whats with the BOOTS ??????

choco
SA, 4034 posts
27 Jun 2010 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

some are long enough that they could blow them themselves

WINDY MILLER
WA, 3183 posts
29 Jun 2010 7:13AM
Thumbs Up

BadAltitude said...

England are a waste of space at the moment, a very disgruntled general public over here right now. Rooney should be shipped home if he oesnt want to play.

I put up with football when its world cup but god almighty its rammed down your throat.
I like the Rugby myself and enjoyed the first decent perfomance from Johnsons England on Saturday. Great trys from both sides. Had a quick squint at the Aussie press to see if Mat Gitau got any stick for the howler he missed. Didnt seem to which suprised me as that little smile he had on his face when he turned away would have made my blood boil if it had been Flood.

We may have taken you in the 20/20 but I think you could get the upper hand in the ODI starting tomorrow as the weather has been hot and dry here which lets face it, we aint used to.

Aussie arent disgracing themselves in the football and they are getting a fair bit of English support (can you beleive that) Gernany was a bit of a slip but having 10 men int help - lots of iffy sendings off. I wager this WC could be the catalyst of change to bring in video refs and put an end to the panzy pewfters who roll around cheating their asses off and ruining an already pants game

they should just find the best team in div 1 or 2, that has 15+ englishmen and play them instead......

kin oath,

nebbian
WA, 6277 posts
29 Jun 2010 7:41AM
Thumbs Up

Is it finished already?

Watched Mythbusters last night

choco
SA, 4034 posts
29 Jun 2010 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

World Cup for Women-finally the "offside rule" explained

evlPanda
NSW, 9202 posts
30 Jun 2010 6:24PM
Thumbs Up

Excellent calendar (Sorry iPad users):

www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/mundial/sudafrica-2010/calendario-english.html

Go Netherlands, who doesn't love Amsterdam?

evlPanda
NSW, 9202 posts
30 Jun 2010 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

nebbian said...

So can someone tell me how long I have to wait until Mythbusters is back on?

Will put the telly in storage until then.

evlPanda
NSW, 9202 posts
7 Jul 2010 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

evlPanda said...
Go Netherlands, who doesn't love Amsterdam?

Scored my first goal from head last night too (at very informal, very cold work soccer)

Globetrotter
74 posts
7 Jul 2010 4:43PM
Thumbs Up

whooohooo well done panda
Germany look the goods,
4-0 lose for the Aussies doesn't look as bad as we first thought!!

Subscribe

Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

"World Cup 2010" started by choco