Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

climate change whos paying?

Created by NowindSurfer > 9 months ago, 8 Dec 2009
maxm
NSW, 864 posts
1 Jan 2010 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

Squid Lips said...

Not sure if this has been posted yet but it's an interesting read on the Copenhagen Summit

www.theguardian.com/environment/2009/dec/22/copenhagen-climate-change-mark-lynas

Thanks, squid kisser. Interesting read.

petermac33
WA, 6415 posts
1 Jan 2010 8:27PM
Thumbs Up

i am ready to give up i think on this...... gestalt........this however is just not to say there were no bracing at all in the wtc lightweight core.

so....we have went from basically there was NO core to a LIGHTWEIGHT core.

and where is the evidence to support this claim the 47 columns were lightweight!

again look at the video/photos from the doc 911 mysteries and you will see these massive 47 columns protruding from upper floor while building is still under construction.

what you are saying could not be further from the truth.

unfortunately, most people believe what they want to believe and not what the evidence presents itself as.

please no more on this.... its too frustrating.

Gestalt
QLD, 14393 posts
1 Jan 2010 10:44PM
Thumbs Up

yeah, i am ready to give up too.

lighweight refers to the construction type.

so lots of bits bolted or nailed or welded together ie. steel or timber is termed lightweight construction.

masonary or concrete construction is not lightweight construction.

depends what country you are in as to construction type and also height of building and class of building and constrution time as to which method is used.

anyways i prefer designing them and not crunching numbers. i leave that up to engineers.

over and out.

Gestalt
QLD, 14393 posts
1 Jan 2010 10:49PM
Thumbs Up

Richiefish said...

Ch' 7 news tonight on the conspiracy theory on the demolition of the Bellvue Hotel. Apparently the Dean brothers crashed a Cessana 172 packed with unstable home brew beer into the building in the middle of the night on the orders of Baron Von Weirdo of the Channel O Saturday show......Fair Dink !!!

is somewhat topical.

i did a house extension for one of the dean brothers years ago. no demolition was included.

lightwood
VIC, 392 posts
16 Jan 2010 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

www.kusi.com/

ginger pom
VIC, 1746 posts
16 Jan 2010 11:17AM
Thumbs Up

lightwood said...

www.kusi.com/

equally relevant

ADS
WA, 365 posts
16 Jan 2010 10:26AM
Thumbs Up

when in doubt, take the p1ss eh? Fairly typical of the whole thread. Have a great weekend all.

ADS
WA, 365 posts
19 Jan 2010 5:02PM
Thumbs Up

Don't believe everything you see in New Scientist

www.theaustralian.com.au/nocookies?a=A.flavipes

ADS
WA, 365 posts
28 Jan 2010 10:08AM
Thumbs Up

With the revelation of CLIMATEGATE then GLACIERGATE and now HURRICANEGATE, I wonder what IPCC sponsored deception will be uncovered next? Some of the contributors to this thread have become unusually quiet...

Gestalt
QLD, 14393 posts
28 Jan 2010 12:12PM
Thumbs Up

not quiet just can't be bothered.

there are plenty of facts in the preceeding pages.

theDoctor
NSW, 5780 posts
28 Jan 2010 4:40PM
Thumbs Up

10 mins to expose the global warming scam....

http://eclipptv.com/viewVideo.php?video_id=8514

... rest of series can be found on youtube or infowars

Sailhack
VIC, 5000 posts
28 Jan 2010 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

I was going to stay out of this one...but

I had an in-depth chat yesterday with a environmental consultant who is also a geologist...he prepares coastal hazard reports, site analysis, geothermal reports, land contaminant research etc...

Just to say that I learned alot, and if you believe everything you read (or watch, re; Ewwtube) on the innernetty, you'll never get the facts right. There has been alot of research done (all funded by some form of orginisation with their own agendas) for & against global warming or climate change, and it will be a long time (not in our lifetimes) before any research is totally conclusive.

Honestly, we should be focusing on reducing our energy needs, or investing in alternative means of power before we completely bottom out our fossil fuels, and stop being such a wasteful society...the planet will take care of itself. We live in an ever 'evolving' eco-system, whether we believe it or not, and we have our part to play...

...my dog doesn't 'sh!t where she eats', neither should we!

cisco
QLD, 12325 posts
28 Jan 2010 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

Sailhack said...
Honestly, we should be focusing on reducing our energy needs, or investing in alternative means of power before we completely bottom out our fossil fuels, and stop being such a wasteful society...the planet will take care of itself. We live in an ever 'evolving' eco-system, whether we believe it or not, and we have our part to play...

I don't think you will get much arguement about that except from the Wall Street Fat Cats.

They don't make any money out of us being environmentally responsible.

What they want us to do is keep polluting but pay taxes for doing it.

theDoctor
NSW, 5780 posts
28 Jan 2010 6:58PM
Thumbs Up

Jesse Ventura, Wrestler, Govenor, Conspiracy Buster.....

rest of parts (6) on youtube

maxm
NSW, 864 posts
28 Jan 2010 10:06PM
Thumbs Up

Sailhack said...

I was going to stay out of this one...but

I had an in-depth chat yesterday with a environmental consultant who is also a geologist...he prepares coastal hazard reports, site analysis, geothermal reports, land contaminant research etc...

Just to say that I learned alot, and if you believe everything you read (or watch, re; Ewwtube) on the innernetty, you'll never get the facts right. There has been alot of research done (all funded by some form of orginisation with their own agendas) for & against global warming or climate change, and it will be a long time (not in our lifetimes) before any research is totally conclusive.

Thanks sailhack for essentially restating what I said a few pages back only better.... and I think you're dead right by the way...

Mobydisc
NSW, 9029 posts
28 Jan 2010 10:18PM
Thumbs Up

Sailhack, you are right on. Clearly the world we live in isn't going to kill us one day with massive waves inundating the coast and the sky turning green and the atmosphere becoming poisonous.

So the scaremongering is counter productive.
The lack of review and sensitivity of proponents of climate disruption is counter productive.

Why put out the fear that the CBDs of New York, London, Sydney will be underwater in 30 years time when its not true?

Clearly we need to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels. But if that reduction comes at the cost of higher food prices that cause starvation and death then we must review it.

The biggest human impact on the Earth is the sheer number of humans. We need to develop non violent and non lethal ways to reduce the numbers of humans so that everyone here has a reasonable life that does not permanently degrade the natural environment.

petermac33
WA, 6415 posts
28 Jan 2010 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

gestalt......there are plenty of facts in the preceeding pages.

along with plenty more LIES in the preceeding pages.

a good tip i have found out about life.

never trust a liar.

especially when they have have been caught lying more than once!

or to be more correct hundred's of times!

now what's that saying i heard George W Bush make. [from doc 911 in plane site]

fool me once.....shame on you

fool me twice.....shame on ME......for being continually fooled!

this saying has real substance to it, if you think about it.

if you tell the sheeple there is poison in the water [fluoride] or poison [mercury] in the vaccines and they still continue to take.........well, i will encourage them to drink up the fluoro water and to take the witches brew of ingredients in vaccines so as they can be safe from disease!!

this is why there is true meaning in fool me twice....shame on ME.

Sailhack
VIC, 5000 posts
29 Jan 2010 9:30AM
Thumbs Up

petermac...give it up man.

Soooo....you heard Bush say that? Any by your own admission (and drawn out explanation), if he didn't say exactly that, does that make you a liar?

...the correct quote from G.W. Bush is-

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again." --Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

(I love bushisms btw)

Just a friendly tip - if you're gonna quote someone - firstly, make sure they're actually worth quoting - & secondly, get the quote right.

maxm
NSW, 864 posts
29 Jan 2010 9:47AM
Thumbs Up

hehehe "...you can't get fooled again.."

Bush. As Bugs would say: what a maroon.

petermac33
WA, 6415 posts
29 Jan 2010 7:03AM
Thumbs Up

sailhack....give it up man.

word for word i could not remember exactly. [big deal]

that's why i did not use inverted coma's.

not being able to remember word for word, does this make me a liar....get real.

the saying when i first heard it, took me a while to get.[understand]

and a good morning to you to.

Sailhack
VIC, 5000 posts
29 Jan 2010 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

Just stirring the pot.

j murray
SA, 947 posts
29 Jan 2010 9:50AM
Thumbs Up

sailhack....your dog and defecation

what nutrients do you put on your tomato plants

petermac33
WA, 6415 posts
29 Jan 2010 7:26AM
Thumbs Up

maxm....your last post is moronic.

maxm
NSW, 864 posts
29 Jan 2010 10:45AM
Thumbs Up

Mobydisc said...

The biggest human impact on the Earth is the sheer number of humans. We need to develop non violent and non lethal ways to reduce the numbers of humans so that everyone here has a reasonable life that does not permanently degrade the natural environment.

Yep, simple numbers. Many people don't understand how exponential population growth can really screw things up so this is a fairly straightforward example:

How often does the population double? I've lost track... 50 years? It'll do. If it's not 50 then just plug in whatever the real number is in what follows.

Let's say as of right now the planet is half full. That is, by whatever means, we've decided it can accomodate twice as many people we have now and no more. How long until it's full? Why, 50 years of course.

OK, let's say we're lucky and we find another planet that's exactly the same as Earth. It's got as much food and water and can accomodate just as many people as Earth can. So we can offload the excess population onto that. Problem solved, right? No.

Only another 50 years till that one is completely full. So in 100 years we'd have filled up two planets.

But things get even worse because we wouldn't have the luxury of 50 years to go searching for some other planet to populate. We'd only have a bit over 10 because in 50 years we'd have filled up four planets.

And so on. And then remember that in the last 50 years we've managed to get a small number of people to the moon. We've yet to get even close to sending someone to the nearest (uninhabitable) planet. So forget all that guff.. we'd have 50 years on good ol' planet Earth and that's it.

Population growth is the single most important issue for human survival. If we don't do something about it, it'll be done for us violently and lethally by way of famines, disease or some other form of disaster. This climate change stuff is really just tinkering about with a few of the symptoms.

maxm
NSW, 864 posts
29 Jan 2010 10:49AM
Thumbs Up

petermac33 said...

maxm....your last post is moronic.

maroonic, Peter, maroonic. Get it right man.

petermac33
WA, 6415 posts
29 Jan 2010 8:00AM
Thumbs Up

no such word.....unless you spell /think likes a bugs bunny.

now for the last time...and a good morning to you to.

Sailhack
VIC, 5000 posts
29 Jan 2010 11:05AM
Thumbs Up

j murray said...

sailhack....your dog and defecation

what nutrients do you put on your tomato plants

Yeah JM...you got me, but not 'my' defacation, probably my dog's though!
I was going to say 'sh!t where she sleeps' but I don't think that's the right quote, and after my previous posts, I have to make sure I get it right...

And btw, thanks for the PM petermac, but I didn't ask for your forgiveness...and in the future, don't PM me! I'm sure you can vent your distorted views on open forums without getting personal.

petermac33
WA, 6415 posts
29 Jan 2010 8:20AM
Thumbs Up

sailhack...does that make you a liar?

no sailhack i am not a liar.

who i ask is the one getting personal.

Sailhack
VIC, 5000 posts
29 Jan 2010 11:46AM
Thumbs Up

Haha...I could have some fun with you Peter, but I'm all out of sarcasm, being friday and all. I'll leave this thread alone now, as many other members have wisely decided to do.

I'll leave you with another quote you might like-

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Have a good weekend. Hope the wind (outside) is blowing!

petermac33
WA, 6415 posts
29 Jan 2010 9:00AM
Thumbs Up

sailhack....Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

lets see liar,idiot sure you don't want to go for the triple.

i try not to sink into this gutter talk, but what the ...k

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

on another thread... when is to much to much.

Have a good weekend. Hope the wind (outside) is blowing!

Subscribe

Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

"climate change whos paying?" started by NowindSurfer