Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

wr450f - Purchasing first "New" Moto

Created by ok > 9 months ago, 30 Oct 2013
ok
NSW, 1087 posts
30 Oct 2013 6:09PM
Thumbs Up

Looking to purchase a brand new bike for the first time ( Previously only bought 2nd hand dirt bikes ) and was wondering what the best way to go about it is in regards to haggling on the price and not buying locally or buying locally so I have someone to take it back to and whinge at when things go wrong that aren't suppose too! Any other pointers would be greatly appreciated!!

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
30 Oct 2013 3:20PM
Thumbs Up

Do it great bike, get a few prices around town and haggle. Dont trust the dealer with the PD go over it your self after you have bought it.
Things like head stock bearings and linkage bearings (rear shock) check everything.

stuk
NSW, 893 posts
31 Oct 2013 9:06PM
Thumbs Up

Simondo, you do know that at some point you do have to get it dirty.........errrr the bike that is

Craig66
NSW, 2450 posts
31 Oct 2013 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

I have heard it said "if it ant orange, its a lemon"
Im a kawka fan

Maybe if some one posted a pic or 3 of a KTM i might change my mind

Kamikuza
QLD, 6493 posts
31 Oct 2013 11:48PM
Thumbs Up

Here's mine

jn1
2454 posts
31 Oct 2013 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

More orange

Ok: My tip with buying a brand new bike. Not only are you buying a bike, you're also buying the support. For most dealers, if you look after them, they will look after you back

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
1 Nov 2013 10:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ok said..

Looking to purchase a brand new bike for the first time ( Previously only bought 2nd hand dirt bikes ) and was wondering what the best way to go about it is in regards to haggling on the price and not buying locally or buying locally so I have someone to take it back to and whinge at when things go wrong that aren't suppose too! Any other pointers would be greatly appreciated!!

ohhh dear...
wr450f, hope you do weights and drink protein.
heaviest **** of a bike there is...

ok
NSW, 1087 posts
4 Nov 2013 9:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfingboye said..

ok said..

ohhh dear...
wr450f, hope you do weights and drink protein.
heaviest **** of a bike there is...

I weigh almost as much as the bike so that doesnt bother me

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
10 Nov 2013 3:11PM
Thumbs Up

'"ok",
How's the bike shopping going!?

I can confirm the you would love a new KTM. At 90-100km/h, it still has enough pulling power to make the rear wheel break traction! The stock 450EXC has beautiful throttle response... Instant power on, and off... But really manageable too...

The stock pipe sounds really sweet too...
No need to touch a thing (if your are a recreational rider).
I bought the Power Switch (to reduce the power in the wet). But you don't need it... Just ride with less throttle... You can also set it "Rocket Mode" (extra power), but there's no need. The stock power set-up is 'endless'!

ok
NSW, 1087 posts
12 Nov 2013 11:26AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Simondo said..

'"ok",
How's the bike shopping going!?

I can confirm the you would love a new KTM. At 90-100km/h, it still has enough pulling power to make the rear wheel break traction! The stock 450EXC has beautiful throttle response... Instant power on, and off... But really manageable too...

The stock pipe sounds really sweet too...
No need to touch a thing (if your are a recreational rider).
I bought the Power Switch (to reduce the power in the wet). But you don't need it... Just ride with less throttle... You can also set it "Rocket Mode" (extra power), but there's no need. The stock power set-up is 'endless'!

I got the bike last friday put a couple of hundred k's on it over the weekend and its great!! The fuel injection is amazingly smooth. I also got a few aftermarket bits such as a fmf pipe, alloy bash plate , rad guards (off road kit) and i got the restricter removed and it re-mapped to a more powerful setting. The only other thing I had to do was remove the horrible big number plate holder and stuff. I have friends with the ktm 500 exc and 09 450 exc and they all were impressed of the wr's performance aswell!!

ok
NSW, 1087 posts
12 Nov 2013 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

Few photos of it!

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
12 Nov 2013 8:51AM
Thumbs Up

^^ Nice

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
12 Nov 2013 9:53PM
Thumbs Up

Sweet!

Subscribe

Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

"wr450f - Purchasing first "New" Moto" started by ok