15 Nov 2010 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

Website is up for more information.

Cheers

paul.j
QLD, 3319 posts
15 Nov 2010 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

didn't know robby Naish rode a Cab surf board!!

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
15 Nov 2010 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

^ hahahaha.

p.s. Probably the lamest picture you could have used. How about hooking up an aussie with the photo for a starters...

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
15 Nov 2010 12:23PM
Thumbs Up

Total respect to whoever is putting this together though, I hope it all runs well and you get some decent conditions! Good luck.

kyteryder
NSW, 692 posts
15 Nov 2010 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

Good pick Paul. I don't think Robby would be too impressed. By the looks of the event on the poster Naish aren't sponsors but Cabrinha is. Photoshop. Come on organizers that isn't fair on both brands.

kR

J inthe bool
VIC, 105 posts
15 Nov 2010 4:07PM
Thumbs Up

haha.. you guys....

Working with images donated to us...

Cab just came on board last week.... (haha.. get it) if it works for them, then im sure you can forgive me..

Website is a little better..

I also have a Ford and a Holden parked together in my shed...

Mr float
NSW, 3452 posts
15 Nov 2010 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

sweeeet

"Warrnambool Airport is located approximately 13km North West of the city centre which is available if you wish to charter a plane."

Right now I am serious .Who wants to get on board a charter plane from Newcastle for the gig .I'm lookin into it now .Whaddaya reckon we should be able to get enought from taree down to Sydney to fill one of these
or maybe one of these might be a bit more realistic(check out the size of the crew that look after you on the flight

kiter789
NSW, 238 posts
15 Nov 2010 6:29PM
Thumbs Up

If Qantas don't have them all booked by then...

Mr float
NSW, 3452 posts
15 Nov 2010 6:36PM
Thumbs Up

kiter789 said...

If Qantas don't have them all booked by then...

Good one Funny how every little incident gets reported on for a couple of weeks after a big "close one"
long time no hear Fiona .trust you and family are well and a good dose of kiting comes your way whenever you need it

All the best ,love and kisses

lach

tobes
NSW, 1000 posts
15 Nov 2010 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

I hope MURPH & PLUTONIC are a Muph & Plutonic cover band. I love those guys. They're heaps good. If not, it looks like you've misspelled the headline act.

And that naish board looks silly with a cab logo.

magilla
VIC, 60 posts
15 Nov 2010 6:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
tobes said...

I hope MURPH & PLUTONIC are a Muph & Plutonic cover band. I love those guys. They're heaps good. If not, it looks like you've misspelled the headline act.

Dam its back to school for me. Yes it is Muph not murph. Thank goodness its spelt right on the website. It will be fixed before posters are done up. Thanks for pointing that one out.

As for the board, we are hoping to get a major sponsors yes or no answer anyday now and the look of the poster will change.

Just trying our best to make this a awsome time for all to attend and without costing you people a fortune to attend.

Anyway hope you all getting good winds.

tobes
NSW, 1000 posts
15 Nov 2010 7:04PM
Thumbs Up

magilla said...
Thanks for pointing that one out.

No worries. Our winds have been pretty crap, but the garden's doing well with all this rain. With a bit of luck I'll see you there.

J inthe bool
VIC, 105 posts
17 Nov 2010 4:12PM
Thumbs Up

Due to the fantastic feed back we recieved on our attempt at a poster... haha

We will be changing the photo to something a little more suitable...

We have very recently been provided some great images from Cab.
But also call on you lot....

If you feel like displaying your skills on our poster, donate an image that will fill Robbie's shoes...

The posters and fliers will be distributed at all upcoming events & throughout Mag's and Papers...

This should be interesting.....!

max14
SA, 220 posts
17 Nov 2010 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

I would recommend speaking to Ryland, I don't know him personally but think he has some of the best "kitesurfing" pics going round... Plus one of the best wave kiters in aus!!!

bobdaboarder
NSW, 184 posts
17 Nov 2010 8:58PM
Thumbs Up

Hes one to get you started.

Brink7
NSW, 225 posts
17 Nov 2010 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

Nice hack Rob!
And that was back when you were still learning to fly a kite...

J inthe bool
VIC, 105 posts
19 Nov 2010 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

Thats what im after....

Cheers Rob

Any other takers... it's between Rob here and Some Jessie Kid that rides for Cab.

michel
NSW, 410 posts
19 Nov 2010 8:13PM
Thumbs Up

I was told at the nsw/qld state titles by the organisers that we had to get a placing to qualify for aust titles...???? i know every other aust titles ive been to anyone could enter.

ezza
NSW, 561 posts
19 Nov 2010 10:49PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah ^^^ what he said. I went to Lennox but was at the pub during the 15 mins that the wind turned on and they judged the event. Would still like to come to this and compete!!

tightlines
WA, 3472 posts
19 Nov 2010 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

^Ha ha I have absolutely nothing to do with this event but missing your heat because you were at the pub seems like a bloody good reason to me
We couldn't even manage to get one female (out of approx 50 entrants) to compete in the wave event over here so surely you would get a start if you were keen.
The fact that you have changed your avatar (I think?) to one on a surfboard must earn you pints points as well.

I noticed that typo just before posting so crossed it out but prob should have left it in as it seems fitting.

P.S. Is it just Masters, no GM ( Genetically Modified Grand Masters) division.

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
19 Nov 2010 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

^^ You have a point. Even I made it out that arvo, after my drink was spiked the night before and I wasn't even in the comp...

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
19 Nov 2010 9:45PM
Thumbs Up

If you didn't kite bad luck I reckon.

magilla
VIC, 60 posts
23 Nov 2010 2:56PM
Thumbs Up

It is my understanding that AKSA will allocate places available by state. This means that seeded riders get first allocations and then the rest is wildcard allocations. It is my belief that most riders who want to enter the contest will be given a spot. Also we are planning a free ride session for ALL to participate in. From beginner to advanced you will have a chance of walking away with a prize as well as seeing some awsome bands/dj's.

Just a tip here in the bool we reward people who go hard.

Hope you all getting good winds

angie pangi
QLD, 1779 posts
23 Nov 2010 2:26PM
Thumbs Up

Sounds good, i'm in.

XX angie

doonas_r_cool
132 posts
23 Nov 2010 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

Sounds really good!!!

Music lineup is very solid, crew putting on the event are very cool, looking forward to this one!!

Cheers

J inthe bool
VIC, 105 posts
30 Nov 2010 1:47PM
Thumbs Up

michel
NSW, 410 posts
30 Nov 2010 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

angie pangi said...

Sounds good, i'm in.

XX angie

You better be there pangi

flemboyant
VIC, 375 posts
30 Nov 2010 10:05PM
Thumbs Up

looks like the raddest event for kiting ive ever seen! (including mambo) Whats the best caravan park/ cheap, trashy accom place you would suggest? Nearest pub/club etc. gunna start organising it all now.

magilla
VIC, 60 posts
1 Dec 2010 5:50PM
Thumbs Up

flemboyant said...

looks like the raddest event for kiting ive ever seen! (including mambo) Whats the best caravan park/ cheap, trashy accom place you would suggest? Nearest pub/club etc. gunna start organising it all now.

There are two council run caravan parks right on the beach and will be right next to the action which has cabins and sites available BUT wait because in the next few days I will post the phone number for this because it looks like all people who book here and mention the nationals will get a good discount.

mergaTroy
NSW, 144 posts
2 Dec 2010 12:11AM
Thumbs Up

sicc Rob!

Craigus said...

Nice hack Rob!
And that was back when you were still learning to fly a kite...

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
2 Dec 2010 1:04AM
Thumbs Up

flemboyant said...
Whats the best caravan park/ cheap, trashy accom place you would suggest?

Scuse me . This is W'bool Vic. you are referring to here.
No such thing as cheap or trashy. Everything local is top class.
You want cheap & trashy - stay in Colac

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"2011 Wave Kitesurfing Nationals" started by J inthe bool