GreenPat
QLD, 4083 posts
2 Mar 2010 2:50PM
Thumbs Up

puppetonastring said...

mattyjee said...

Ïf it ain't broke, don't fix it".

absolutely spot on Matty.
But where did you get the 100M of 2WD beach from ?
More like 20km of 2WD beach.
I reckon we could cover 2000 kiters at Dongara and still not be crowded - well not on the water at least.

Where do you guys get your numbers from? Phil was it you who told Sam she could get all the way to the downed epic downwinder participant in 2wd?

You can get about 3km from the surf club in 2wd, then another 10-15km after that you really want 4wd, as Spacemonkey and Bellz will attest.

Miss Jessie
NSW, 181 posts
2 Mar 2010 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

diginoz said...

Ill try again
kitestock is 4 kiters .
Yes another event in November would be welcome .
No its not 2 commercial.
I LOVED IT.
PS HOW GOOD DID MISS JESSY LOOK ON SAT WHILE KITEING

haha... awwww. Thanks
Next year I hope to see more people kiting in theme!!!

Danger Mouse
WA, 592 posts
2 Mar 2010 3:08PM
Thumbs Up

Weta said...

I agree with the timing for demoing gear but could Lano really handle 300+ people??? is there enough beach space and accomodation??? haven't kited Cervantes but same questions apply???

Wouldn't Werner be one happy chappy with that many evil kiters encroaching on HIS beach and HIS town

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
2 Mar 2010 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

GreenPat said...

puppetonastring said...

mattyjee said...

Ïf it ain't broke, don't fix it".

absolutely spot on Matty.
But where did you get the 100M of 2WD beach from ?
More like 20km of 2WD beach.
I reckon we could cover 2000 kiters at Dongara and still not be crowded - well not on the water at least.

Where do you guys get your numbers from? Phil was it you who told Sam she could get all the way to the downed epic downwinder participant in 2wd?

You can get about 3km from the surf club in 2wd, then another 10-15km after that you really want 4wd, as Spacemonkey and Bellz will attest.

Stand corrected on the 2WD distance. I havent been down there at all myself. I was working on local advise about how far you could drive without thinking they were probably refering to 4WD (they all drive 4WDs). Max distance (Im told) depends on the tide so quoted 20 ks is probably the max ever done.

mattyjee
WA, 575 posts
2 Mar 2010 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

Oops, typo. I meant to write 1000m...

Although its probably more like 2ks everyone seemed to be spread over.

airhead
WA, 814 posts
2 Mar 2010 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

Missed out this year but sounds like it went off!

Bring back Blue Shaddy & Little Creatures for next year I say

Greenfinger
WA, 239 posts
2 Mar 2010 10:07PM
Thumbs Up

It is such a fine line between raging success and total fail. We was so lucky that it was last weekend and not the one just gone.

The above pics are from friends up at Dongara for the weekend, lucky they aint kiters.
The easterlies were cranking back in suburbia, made for a nice stinky river sesh for a change.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kitestock 2011 - earlier than this year" started by allano