Forums > Kitesurfing General

Lancelin Ocean Classic 2014

Created by WAKSA > 9 months ago, 1 Jan 2014
L2L
WA, 195 posts
8 Jan 2014 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

I will bring about 30 flares up on the day which racers will be able to use (for free). I'll endeavour to make them available at the registration desk.

ianmac
WA, 267 posts
8 Jan 2014 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

Tim you are the man !!! should be good!!!.

WAKSA
WA, 813 posts
8 Jan 2014 9:55PM
Thumbs Up

WAVE COMP

Briefing for the Lano Wave Comp to be at 12pm at Back Beach on Friday. Conditions looking good for a start from 12:30pm onwards. You can register on the day between 11 and 11:45am. Remember to bring your WAKSA/KA membership or equivalent international kiting membership providing it includes public liability insurance for kiting events.

Judging criteria is the same as the State Titles. Trophies and cash up for grabs

busterwa
3777 posts
8 Jan 2014 10:28PM
Thumbs Up

Glad to see you have turned this into a kite-surfing event. Weldone. Dont forget to bring your moneny.

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
9 Jan 2014 12:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
busterwa said..

Glad to see you have turned this into a kite-surfing event. Weldone. Dont forget to bring your moneny.

Bitter windsurfer who can't spell and who has edited his original post . Yet another butthurt senior citizen windsurfer who can't accept there are other windsports out there . I know there are some easy going and cool windsurfers out there . Mark _Australia is an all right bloke when you get to sit down and have a beer with him . But you old man seem to have some carrot firmly wedged in your cavity .

BigDasa
WA, 47 posts
9 Jan 2014 12:45AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
pajdau said..

Let's stop asking WAKSA if they want your money or not. The event is open to all kiters. If you are a member of WAKSA there is a small discount applied. You might consider WAKSA membership for many different ethical/social/insurance reasons of your beliefs, but this it's not essential for joining the Lancelin race.

You have to be insured to participate, its quite simple, no insurance - no race. Being insured as a KA/WAKSA member or being able to show a valid IKO or BKSA insurance status is the only way you will be allowed to race.

Does that clarify the matter ?

Underoath
QLD, 2433 posts
9 Jan 2014 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

Any one able to give me a lift up to lanno Saturday morning? I dont have a car at the moment. I would like to go in the freestyle event. (Wind permitting)

I'm fine for a lift back.

I live in Alkimos so im not too far out of the way.

westozwind
WA, 1393 posts
9 Jan 2014 1:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dusta said..

busterwa said..

Bitter windsurfer who can't spell and who has edited his original post . Yet another butthurt senior citizen windsurfer who can't accept there are other windsports out there . I know there are some easy going and cool windsurfers out there . Mark _Australia is an all right bloke when you get to sit down and have a beer with him . But you old man seem to have some carrot firmly wedged in your cavity .

So we can look forward to poleys in the lighthouse to Leighton next year?

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
9 Jan 2014 1:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
westozwind said..

dusta said..

busterwa said..

So we can look forward to poleys in the lighthouse to Leighton next year?

i would like to see windsurfers and kiters racing head to head . I think it would be a great idea so yer bring on windsurfers as i don't have a carrot up my arse like some bitter poleys .

Shorestitch07
WA, 9 posts
9 Jan 2014 3:37PM
Thumbs Up

I've Just swapped for this event, going from the 'Windsurf' marathon to the 'Kiting', because the forecast for the saturday looks pretty shocking and Sunday, well at least it may happen , though might be an upwinder to begin with!

Does anyone know whether we have to have sail numbers on our kites etc? I've just joined Waksa, I have a floatation device, and two indusrtrial size orange smoke flares (i can wear them like Dive tanks....).

How does the start work,

Does everyone have there kites pre -launched and run down the beach, or is everyone already on the water, I've been kiting 13 odd years (I will be on the retro C kite) but have never done an event like this and the info from the LOC site I can't seem to find.

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
9 Jan 2014 3:42PM
Thumbs Up

welcome to the dark side champ . start will be like any normal sailing regatta with either a 10 or 5 minute countdown . IE on the water . sail number no . Do you have a rashie with an identifying number ?

Weta
WA, 893 posts
9 Jan 2014 8:50PM
Thumbs Up

Looking at the latest forecast on BOMs Met Eye wind isn't due to turn SW until approx. 3 & then crank up to 30-40 knots by 5.

How late can you run the race?

Underoath
QLD, 2433 posts
9 Jan 2014 11:12PM
Thumbs Up

40 knots on my 19. Now that's a race!

Weta
WA, 893 posts
9 Jan 2014 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

U tried that in the 2012 L2L

MRT
WA, 39 posts
9 Jan 2014 10:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
L2L said..

I will bring about 30 flares up on the day which racers will be able to use (for free). I'll endeavour to make them available at the registration desk.

Thanks Tim. Helps heaps

Chris6791
WA, 3271 posts
10 Jan 2014 12:45AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WAKSA said...
WAVE COMP

Briefing for the Lano Wave Comp to be at 12pm at Back Beach on Friday. Conditions looking good for a start from 12:30pm onwards. You can register on the day between 11 and 11:45am. Remember to bring your WAKSA/KA membership or equivalent international kiting membership providing it includes public liability insurance for kiting events.

Judging criteria is the same as the State Titles. Trophies and cash up for grabs

Where abouts on the back beach will it be? Down near the back beach car park or up closer to the point?

Hopefully not near the point as the organisers have kindly taken it upon themselves to stop cars driving through the car park and the normal track onto the beach despite being told by the shire not to restrict traffic through to the point.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Lancelin Ocean Classic 2014" started by WAKSA