Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
16 Aug 2012 10:53PM
Thumbs Up

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
17 Aug 2012 6:08AM
Thumbs Up

Well... Where do I start? Should I even start??? Big question, but I'm bored so I will.

1. Music said "epic film" - footage, edit and composition definitely said otherwise.
2. Washed out effects, general look and vibe of the brand didn't fit at all with music or what I felt was the intended composition of video.
3. Riding was mostly sub-par weekend warrior level.

Final thoughts - I would have been mildly impressed and given kudos if a kid had posted this and said that he made a video for art class at school, sadly they didn't... Would I watch it again? Not a chance.

austin
671 posts
17 Aug 2012 9:05AM
Thumbs Up

sir ROWDY said...

Well... Where do I start? Should I even start??? Big question, but I'm bored so I will.

1. Music said "epic film" - footage, edit and composition definitely said otherwise.
2. Washed out effects, general look and vibe of the brand didn't fit at all with music or what I felt was the intended composition of video.

Final thoughts - I would have been mildly impressed and given kudos if a kid had posted this and said that he made a video for art class at school, sadly they didn't... Would I watch it again? Not a chance.

and your king of which hill??

Skwinty
WA, 164 posts
17 Aug 2012 9:19AM
Thumbs Up

sir ROWDY said...

Rowdy... How about you post one of your "epic" videos and show everyone how it's done.

Take a few deep breaths, and don't let the world get you down too much. ( maybe even play the video again and just listen to the music... It may help you relax a little)

Tractorguy
TAS, 542 posts
17 Aug 2012 11:59AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Joe Nice clip loved the tune, the board off at 56 and the antics at the end. Makes me wanna go

Intheozone
WA, 247 posts
17 Aug 2012 10:10AM
Thumbs Up

Graphics are looking like North

Puetz
NT, 2177 posts
17 Aug 2012 2:24PM
Thumbs Up

sir ROWDY said...

... you sir are wrong!

Katz
VIC, 131 posts
17 Aug 2012 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

Well I enjoyed it.

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
17 Aug 2012 4:14PM
Thumbs Up

Skwinty said...

Rowdy... How about you post one of your "epic" videos and show everyone how it's done.

Well for one Im not a major kite brand, with a budget etc. and secondly, my really ****ty kite vids (which they are) still contain better riding than this vid... which is supposedly the "Team vid" for a whole year for a major kiteboarding brand. Pretty weak in my opinion.

p.s. But hey I guess if all you wanted to see was lifestyle shots and people giving each other high fives and driving in cars you probably would have been impressed with this. Obviously it's not what I was expecting.

austin
671 posts
17 Aug 2012 4:18PM
Thumbs Up

is this guy ^ actually using this as an oppurtunity to boast,
nobody likes a boaster

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
17 Aug 2012 4:23PM
Thumbs Up

austin said...

is this guy ^ actually using this as an oppurtunity to boast,
nobody likes a boaster

Yeah man, I'm boasting that I can do better than a bum checked top turn hooked in on a surfboard... Pretty massive boasting.

p.s. Actually small known fact, I was the boasting national champion in 2011 and runner up in 2009.

Damo
WA, 641 posts
17 Aug 2012 4:29PM
Thumbs Up

my really ****ty kite vids (which they are) still contain better riding than this vid...

bwahhhh ha ha ha even if you have to say so yourself

sorry i couldn't help it my tung was going to start bleeding if i didn't post that

No Alex does RIP the **** out of it when he is in his right conditions so credit where credit is due and it is good to be confident!

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
17 Aug 2012 4:31PM
Thumbs Up

Hahahaha cheers Damo.

Just to be clear here, some of these people in the vid are my friends and I know they can ride, so obviously I was expecting to see at least a little something.

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
17 Aug 2012 5:47PM
Thumbs Up

Take for example this video. (Even without judging the riding.)
The music fits the film and the edit is very good, there's a theme and it's easy to follow what's happening.
This is the type of stuff I would expect from a major brand with a budget.

Hats off to Cab and Dre.

Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
17 Aug 2012 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

I like this one too.

Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
17 Aug 2012 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

sir ROWDY said...

love it rowdy. truth hurts

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
17 Aug 2012 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

^^^ nice ARSA. Was it done by the same person? I feel like it was.
Music choice again was good and the riding was obviously 100% better than the other vid. I like the concept for this vid, but again I don't think it really worked properly.

Whoever shot this in my novice opinion, needs to stop putting that cr@py after edit over all the clips, it makes them look terrible. Also far to many twitchy angle changes for my liking. But hey, thats just what I think.

Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
17 Aug 2012 10:43PM
Thumbs Up

pumpnjump
WA, 259 posts
17 Aug 2012 11:21PM
Thumbs Up

Rowdy you need a chill pill, enjoy it for what it is, new gear and free entertainment of a sport we love!! maybe it's slipped you by!

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
18 Aug 2012 2:14AM
Thumbs Up

pumpnjump said...

Rowdy you need a chill pill, enjoy it for what it is, new gear and free entertainment of a sport we love!! maybe it's slipped you by!

Not exactly what I would classify as entertaining, also I care little for seeing new Best kite gear... but hey everyone is entitled to an opinion.
I'm glad that it at least entertained someone! .

Chris_M
2129 posts
18 Aug 2012 5:29AM
Thumbs Up

They did a jump

sebol
WA, 753 posts
19 Aug 2012 10:13PM
Thumbs Up

so, you reckon they are legit?

nvs180
QLD, 66 posts
20 Aug 2012 10:34AM
Thumbs Up

sebol said...

so, you reckon they are legit?

Odkite
QLD, 106 posts
20 Aug 2012 12:03PM
Thumbs Up

thought the first 2 vids were pretty good, both cabri and best.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"New Team Vid from Best Kiteboarding 2013" started by Adrenalin Rush