Forums > Kitesurfing General

Ryland ripping WA

Created by brucex > 9 months ago, 16 Mar 2011
waveslave
WA, 4263 posts
26 Mar 2011 10:53AM
Thumbs Up

bws said...

BWS would like to thank Waveslave and Get Funky for all their support during this thread. We also are putting together a little clip of Waveslave enjoying a session with the crew.

Gee Bruce,
The clip will make interesting commentary. ^^^
The tale of the BWS goons and their bad manners has yet to be described in full.
I can't wait to see what you've got.
Let the story be told.

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
26 Mar 2011 3:09PM
Thumbs Up

bws said...
We also are putting together a little clip of Waveslave enjoying a session with the crew.

ROFLMAO Yeeoww
The cocks come home to roost.
Years of anonimity outed by the very same medium that has provided the shield for the all the venom.
Our master of the misquote; the demon of all thats good and positive in our sport (WAKSA/AKSA) and the arguer of absurdity even in the face of fact & logic is about to given an ID.
Long live freedom of speech - and film!
Bring it on.
Cant wait.

Hunter S
WA, 516 posts
26 Mar 2011 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

puppetonastring said...

Our master of the misquote; the demon of all thats good and positive in our sport (WAKSA/AKSA) and the arguer of absurdity even in the face of fact & logic is about to given an ID.

Gee Puppet - a bit slow if you haven't figured it out by now, especially since he flys one of your brands.

Hunter S
WA, 516 posts
26 Mar 2011 8:57PM
Thumbs Up

bws said...

BWS would like to thank Waveslave and Get Funky for all their support during this thread. We also are putting together a little clip of Waveslave enjoying a session with the crew.

Gotta love it - another BWS marketing tool. Slave joins the crew, and Dude and Man live on.

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
26 Mar 2011 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

Gee Puppet - a bit slow if you haven't figured it out by now, especially since he flys one of your brands.

Not waiting to find out for myself Hunter. Wavey & I have crossed paths; on numerous occasions over the years; at his Mandurah local and elsewhere. I just reckon its hilarious that now everyone will have a face to put to the keyboard output.
Actually my personal reaction to ol' wavey is relatively mellow considering the carp he's put out over the years - esp re AKSA & WAKSA which are pretty close to the heart here.
Lots out there who take his drivel way more seriously than me and are therefore way less tolerant. An outing vid is going to create some interesting reactions
lol

waveslave
WA, 4263 posts
26 Mar 2011 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

Pyramids Beach, Dawesville Cut. ^^^
It's an old pic.
The dredge wasn't parked like that on the day that the BWS goon-squad visited my beachy.
And the surf was breaking a lot better too.
Ripper's camera-bitch set himself up about where the digger is shown.

* Just setting the scene.
lol

Poida
WA, 1916 posts
26 Mar 2011 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

I'll just go and put the popcorn on

Jeff2231
NSW, 414 posts
27 Mar 2011 2:14AM
Thumbs Up

wishy said...
I can honestly say that I've never given right of way to a booger and I never will

Drop in on these guys out here

chadster
QLD, 136 posts
27 Mar 2011 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

FAr out I thought Seabreeze was a kiting and surfing site
what the hell is a booger clip doing here ???

ApatheticEnd
WA, 995 posts
27 Mar 2011 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the heads up waveslave. your local looks sweet. I'm going to rent a bus, fill it with kooks, and run tours.

king of the point
WA, 1836 posts
27 Mar 2011 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

waveslave
WA, 4263 posts
27 Mar 2011 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

lol. ^^^

troytam
QLD, 80 posts
27 Mar 2011 9:53PM
Thumbs Up

A little kindergargen like----but funny . RED kites should be shot down though.

Thingy
QLD, 12 posts
27 Mar 2011 10:14PM
Thumbs Up

rez said...

The spiteful sarcasm and personal attacks from some posters above is ugly and unwarranted.

For those who don't know Ry-

He is a devoted family man with two young children, he is a homeowner, the successful owner/operator of a full time business and is also a talented kitesurfer who is now riding as part of a global team. He has created an enviable balance between lifestyle, family and work all before he turns 30. Surely this would suggest that he isn't lacking in the brains department as some individuals have previously indicated in their posts. Ridiculous really.

As for the clip lets keep feed back constructive and focus on the filming & riding without ripping into the individual. Positive's and negatives stuff???? Like it- why?Don't- why? That's the only way filming & editing can improve in the long run.

Positive: I liked the from the water camera angle and the shots from behind the bar down the wave. The shots from behind the bar help to bring the audience into the water and give them an insight into the perspective of the kiter.

Constructive: I would have liked to have seen a few longer rides or even a few of those sweet floaters from the behind the bar camera angle. If the groin is a no go zone then I would avoid kiting and filming there in future.

Thingy
QLD, 12 posts
27 Mar 2011 10:25PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Dude man ," whats with those purple dicks in your earholes man"
,"uhmmmmmmmm dunno why........ they just feel super good in there" ...
"well dude man dude try clean that stuff outa there an listen, maybe people don wanna hear you"

Mask
WA, 293 posts
27 Mar 2011 8:31PM
Thumbs Up

Will you be the head Kook?

ApatheticEnd said...

Thanks for the heads up waveslave. your local looks sweet. I'm going to rent a bus, fill it with kooks, and run tours.

bjw
QLD, 3623 posts
28 Mar 2011 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

Jeff2231 said...

wishy said...
I can honestly say that I've never given right of way to a booger and I never will

It doesn't make boogers cool.
Still gay

Bigwavedave
QLD, 2057 posts
28 Mar 2011 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

almost 6200 viewers of this thread!

Great viral marketing for a brand who isn't even a site sponsor!!

Someone is a shrewd thinker!!

TurtleHunter
WA, 1675 posts
28 Mar 2011 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

I don't care what there riding bjw anyone getting inside a wave like that has got my respect.
It's one thing to get near a massive slab on a kite but to commit and paddle(or is it kick) in to those beasts is another.
Do you really think those guy's look at everyone kiting and think it's hardcore and not gay
Get over yourself and face the facts we are as gay as a jetski to many, even to a goat boater I bet.

bjw
QLD, 3623 posts
29 Mar 2011 8:44AM
Thumbs Up

Bigwavedave said...

Someone is a shrewd thinker!!

That'd be mey

Yerp, I em a smard pursin

bjw
QLD, 3623 posts
29 Mar 2011 8:46AM
Thumbs Up

TurtleHunter said...

I don't care what there riding bjw anyone getting inside a wave like that has got my respect.
It's one thing to get near a massive slab on a kite but to commit and paddle(or is it kick) in to those beasts is another.
Do you really think those guy's look at everyone kiting and think it's hardcore and not gay
Get over yourself and face the facts we are as gay as a jetski to many, even to a goat boater I bet.

I know... it is embarrassing

trevor1
WA, 598 posts
30 Mar 2011 12:04PM
Thumbs Up

bws said...

We are waiting ....

ashton
WA, 31 posts
30 Mar 2011 2:40PM
Thumbs Up

bjw said...

Jeff2231 said...

wishy said...

It doesn't make boogers cool.
Still gay

ummm they seem to be dropping in to heeving slabs that would kill most people!!

I can appreciate that!!

bjw - If they called you into one of those waves, would you drop it? Surfboard, kite, lid, whatever?

Cheers for posting the booger vid!! Worth the watch!! Those guys are charging!

GreenPat
QLD, 4083 posts
30 Mar 2011 5:44PM
Thumbs Up

default said... (first post on page 2)

BTW, we havent lost that spot you talk about, you can still kite there.

As far as I know you can kite there, but you can't rig, launch or land there.

http://www.waksa.org.au/LocationGuide/CityBeach/tabid/123/Default.aspx

I can only assume that the footage of rigging and launching there for this video was taken before the ban was put in place?

I don't agree with the ban, but I will abide by it. Occasionally I have stopped in to ask people I've seen rigging up there whether they know about the ban, but usually I drive on past to rig where it's not banned.

As for the rest of the crap in this thread (I've only just looked at it now for the first time), it is crap, but looks like pretty harmless crap to me. If anyone thinks anything really should be moderated (Niall page 3) feel free to use the report tool. As has been mentioned a few times in the past, we don't see all the posts on all the pages of all of the threads all of the time...

trevor1
WA, 598 posts
30 Mar 2011 4:42PM
Thumbs Up

GreenPat said...

I can only assume that the footage of rigging and launching there for this video was taken before the ban was put in place?

I don't agree with the ban, but I will abide by it. Occasionally I have stopped in to ask people I've seen rigging up there whether they know about the ban, but usually I drive on past to rig where it's not banned.

As for the rest of the crap in this thread (I've only just looked at it now for the first time), it is crap, but looks like pretty harmless crap to me. If anyone thinks anything really should be moderated (Niall page 3) feel free to use the report tool. As has been mentioned a few times in the past, we don't see all the posts on all the pages of all of the threads all of the time...

I believe it is a non-enforceable "ban" on a trial basis !!!

Poida
WA, 1916 posts
30 Mar 2011 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

is BJW = ben wilson

just putting it out there,

Andrash
WA, 637 posts
30 Mar 2011 9:54PM
Thumbs Up

Greenpat, following default's comment, I started a separate thread about the City Beach "ban"???!!! some days ago with no response.
As far as I know, there is no ban. There was no council decision, only a request from the ranger towards WAKSA. The timing was tricky as WAKSA was occupied with organizing the competitions, so there was no followup. What fascinates me is that it is so easy to ban kiting. Next time the parking inspector may impose a ban on Scarborough.... and we accept without a question.
So much high pressure steam on this forum about who is earning a dollar on kiting, yet noone seems to bother when a popular spot is "banned"(???!!!).
Sorry guys, if I hijack an exciting thread ...

GreenPat said...

Doggfather
WA, 14 posts
30 Mar 2011 10:11PM
Thumbs Up

That's sweet!!

CrefloDollar
WA, 87 posts
30 Mar 2011 10:19PM
Thumbs Up

Thankyou Ryland and any other kiter better than me willing to post a short clip of themselves wave kiting

To every kiter here, who has just slagged and criticised a fellow kiter for posting a clip themselves having fun in some musher waves.

GET A FCKUING LIFE!!!!!!

GranG
WA, 257 posts
30 Mar 2011 11:52PM
Thumbs Up

Admins - Can this post be taken down? it is a little out of hand.
[and possibly open to libel risk]

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Ryland ripping WA" started by brucex