Forums > Kitesurfing General

Shark Stories

Created by Uber > 9 months ago, 21 Jun 2005
boarsai
QLD, 6 posts
7 Apr 2010 11:39PM
Thumbs Up

Great reading, educational, scary and amusing (at times)... only just pondering starting Kiting this past week or so... but even this thread cannot deter me... so that's positive

I'm glad the USA beach goers pushed that lil' sharky back in... was nearly certain they'd all just stand around and watch it thrash to death.

Thanks for the read

boarsai
QLD, 6 posts
23 Apr 2010 6:42PM
Thumbs Up

kizi.com

I don't think I saw this one in this thread yet... enjoy ;)

I think my fingers want to fall off after one play-thru lol. Must be a hard life being a sharky... without any fingers to hit those buttons for the horse combos.

Albos
VIC, 162 posts
24 Apr 2010 4:59PM
Thumbs Up

^^^ top game

ueberqwerty
WA, 59 posts
9 May 2010 11:39AM
Thumbs Up

I was out of the water very very fast...having a ball for 1h on the river mouth in Cotton Tree, nice overcast day, slight rain, storm clouds,....and this 20cm fin pops up 2m in front of me...apparently there are bull sharks hanging around there . I was just glad that I was not body dragging at the time

John86
NSW, 15 posts
13 May 2010 10:36AM
Thumbs Up

hahaha kitefunk thats scary as all ****! ive always thought i was sweet when moving! reminds me of that time that surfer got attacked while he was riding a wave.

Uber
NSW, 482 posts
9 Jun 2010 12:28AM
Thumbs Up

Surfer punches shark then catches wave
June 7, 2010

A surfer fought off a large shark and then reportedly rode a wave to safety in Western Australia.

Michael Bedford was knocked off his board by the shark, believed to have been a great white, which then came back for a second charge, witnesses said.

But he punched the animal and then caught a passing wave to the shore, where friends used the board's rope as a tourniquet for bite wounds on his leg.

"He gave it a good whack he reckons, a good punch and that doesn't surprise me knowing Mick," witness Lee Cummuskey told ABC.

"It is your worst nightmare and Mick's been through it and survived so he's just really lucky."

Mr Bedford had surgery after Sunday's attack near Albany, south of Perth, and his condition was described as stable.

Australia has several shark attacks each year, with 194 people killed over the past 200 years, records show.

AFP

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
21 Jun 2010 12:11PM
Thumbs Up

gls said...

Don't worry Uber. I've got the "Shark Shield" sitting here all powered up, with a deep humming sound coming out of it like a light sabre, ready to go. I think it will work - be easy to ride with I mean. Its a couple of kilograms on the ankle but only weights 200g in the water. I have to say I am feeling more confident already even though its still only sitting on the lounge room table. I'm even planning a trip to kite in the Southern Ocean near Albany/Denmark - white pointer breeding ground near the whaling station. My father told me a story about the whaling station when I was a boy. He reckoned if you stood on the jetty and the shark thought you weren't going to fall in, then he would bite the pillar and give it a bit of a shake, just to make sure.
Graeme

Wow, my Dad has told me that exact same story. I thought he was bullsh!ting, it must be true. He worked down there as an sparki

Hammerhead
NSW, 118 posts
26 Jun 2010 3:46PM
Thumbs Up

salt
VIC, 616 posts
21 Jul 2010 1:04AM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

gls said...

Don't worry Uber. I've got the "Shark Shield" sitting here all powered up, with a deep humming sound coming out of it like a light sabre, ready to go. I think it will work - be easy to ride with I mean. Its a couple of kilograms on the ankle but only weights 200g in the water. I have to say I am feeling more confident already even though its still only sitting on the lounge room table. I'm even planning a trip to kite in the Southern Ocean near Albany/Denmark - white pointer breeding ground near the whaling station. My father told me a story about the whaling station when I was a boy. He reckoned if you stood on the jetty and the shark thought you weren't going to fall in, then he would bite the pillar and give it a bit of a shake, just to make sure.
Graeme

LOL, in a test a great white approached and ate the shark shield.
http://www.cdnn.info/news/industry/i080301.html

Wow, my Dad has told me that exact same story. I thought he was bullsh!ting, it must be true. He worked down there as an sparki

kakucis
WA, 2 posts
12 Aug 2010 12:52AM
Thumbs Up

An Australian coastal website just posted satellite images of hundreds of sharks cruising around Bondi Beach REALLY CLOSE TO SHORE. If you live in Bondi, you might not want to see this. http://www.australiancoastalwatch.com.au/news/bnshark14432tx.article.html

This one is ridiculous! I know that there will be something with sharks, but still get scared!

ApatheticEnd
WA, 995 posts
17 Aug 2010 2:23PM
Thumbs Up

There was a surfer taken at Gracetown (WA) this morning. He didn't make it.

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
17 Aug 2010 5:44PM
Thumbs Up

ApatheticEnd said...

There was a surfer taken at Gracetown (WA) this morning. He didn't make it.

serious ?

AKSonline
WA, 925 posts
Site Sponsor
1 Jun 2011 7:58PM
Thumbs Up

A short home video

Enjoy!

DM

Kitesplosh
VIC, 123 posts
1 Mar 2013 11:58AM
Thumbs Up

Two great white sharks swimming in the waters off Perth when they spied five euro kitesurfers stranded in the water because they were all short tacking and had tangled their lines together.

"Follow me son" the father shark said to the son shark
and they swam to the mass of people. "First we swim around them a few
times with just the tip of our fins showing." And they did. "Well
done, son! Now we swim around them a few times with all of our fins
showing." And they did. "Now we eat everybody." And they did.

When they were both gorged, the son asked, "Dad, why didn't we just
eat them all at first? Why did we swim around and around them?"

His wise father replied, "Because they taste better without the sh!t
inside!"

matix
34 posts
2 Mar 2013 7:35AM
Thumbs Up

Swimmer dies at west Auckland beach.

www.stuff.co.nz/video/8359135/Family-mourns-shark-attack-victim

boardbumps
NSW, 698 posts
2 Mar 2013 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

Back in the old wind surf days of the mid 80's, we used to chase and stir-up the small Hammerheads that were always cruising off shore at Collaroy out at the shark nets in summer.

You would see one upwind and give him a nudge then fang off down wind looking back at him thrashing around in a circle.

Harmless fun!!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Shark Stories" started by Uber