Forums > Kitesurfing General

The 2013 Lighthouse to Leighton

Created by L2L > 9 months ago, 27 Sep 2013
milehigh
WA, 81 posts
15 Dec 2013 10:27AM
Thumbs Up

Still no results up that I can find?

This could be a world class event but IT lets it down. Never raced in so regatta where results have taken more than half an hour.

L2L
WA, 195 posts
15 Dec 2013 12:34PM
Thumbs Up

Results are on the way.

L2L
WA, 195 posts
15 Dec 2013 12:36PM
Thumbs Up

Top 10.

Balance are being checked and collated...

1. 10 Marvin Baumeister 23min 50 sec

2. 37 Florian Gruber 25:20

3. 68 Torvar Mirsky 25:33

4. 70 Pete Morgan 26:35

5. 32 Jordan Girdis 26:57

6. 46 Guy Kane 27:10

7. 21 Alex Caizergues

8. 39 Andrew Hansen

9. 29 Alty Frisby 27:36

10. 53 Matt Lovelady

First female:
1. 106 Marie Desandre 30:35

pilotpete
WA, 147 posts
15 Dec 2013 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

pilotpete
WA, 147 posts
15 Dec 2013 1:28PM
Thumbs Up

L2L
WA, 195 posts
15 Dec 2013 2:42PM
Thumbs Up

FINAL RESULTS! SPECIAL THANKS TO EVERY VOLUNTEER WHO MADE THE DAY SUCCESSFUL AND SAFE.

A PDF version will be available on the race website, under results.

WC Canvas
WA, 55 posts
15 Dec 2013 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

Well done to race committee and congratulations to all racers who placed and finished the race

I hope that next year it is made a bit more fair for all who really want to compete at a high level in this event (as I thought it is still a race) not just a 19km down-winder for anyone with a kite and board.

Maybe qualifying for the top 50 places and then pull the other 50 out of the hat ballot system?? Just saying

I hope it is taken into consideration

JohnnoKeys
WA, 551 posts
15 Dec 2013 4:24PM
Thumbs Up

Big congrats to marvellous Marv the fastest man in Australia & other winners Florian, Tovar and fastest lady Marie.

Super Fab day again and many thanks to Tim Turner & L2L crew and sponsors as always a professionally run slick operation that made an epic race day with perfect EPIC conditions and a record to boot - See I don't just talk crapolla

Whats the saying "if you onto a winning thing don't change anything" Tinkered to much with my L2L board from last year and was 4 minutes slower this year. I changing the front rocker to make it a easier ride in choppy conditions and I realised a few days before the L2L that it had gone from an orange rocket to a slow mullet and no way to change back for Johnno before race day.

I had a killer start and watched after a few hundred metres as Jordon, Torvar and Ollie catch up to me and then Marv speed past with ease. I followed Ollie Bridge most of the race and had a laugh as watching him fall off his foil or do big lofting jumps trying and clear weed from his foil. I had a shocker & fell off about 6x as I tried to get the ORANGE PIG up to race speed and the board just blew out side wise.

But as always it was super fun race & social day and I will sort out the orange PIG in next few months and be back with the orange rocket to take on Marv and top 20 next year if I can jag a spot.

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
15 Dec 2013 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

shouldn't this be in the Racing sub-section???

lol.

mickeeH
WA, 70 posts
15 Dec 2013 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

Huge thanks to tim and organisers of another fantastic event. Feel Privileged to be a part of it.
Super stoked I made it on a 13m ozone and lw twin tip (144x46 ug Stella) in just over 40m. Reckon it was bang on 15 knots most of the way,with some sketchy parts at times. Especially in the wind shadows of the tankers,there were a few kites down floating around was lucky I just looped it and somehow found more wind and got away.
I can see your case top line,but I'll just point out I finished ahead of Ricardo licesse and dale stanton (just jokes guys, reckon they must have lost an arm and a leg,and a kite and a board to finish way down there.

pilotpete
WA, 147 posts
16 Dec 2013 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

OK just going through my gear after the weekend and found a 2nd pump put in my kite bag, not bad as I only went with one, so some poor bugger is looking for his/her pump, PM me so that you can get it back.

alty
WA, 62 posts
16 Dec 2013 1:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
pilotpete said..

OK just going through my gear after the weekend and found a 2nd pump put in my kite bag, not bad as I only went with one, so some poor bugger is looking for his/her pump, PM me so that you can get it back.

Pete, if it's an electric one that works.... it's not mine

Congrats on your result too!

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
16 Dec 2013 3:34PM
Thumbs Up

twice in one week :P

[

dearrabbit
WA, 7 posts
18 Dec 2013 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

If you withdrew from the race how do you receive your rashie and t-shirt? (was told you still receive merchandise regardless if you race or withdraw).

wdric
NSW, 1625 posts
18 Dec 2013 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
topline said..

Well done to race committee and congratulations to all racers who placed and finished the race

I hope that next year it is made a bit more fair for all who really want to compete at a high level in this event (as I thought it is still a race) not just a 19km down-winder for anyone with a kite and board.

Maybe qualifying for the top 50 places and then pull the other 50 out of the hat ballot system?? Just saying

I hope it is taken into consideration

If we want more numbers to race, perhaps have a cruising division that starts half hour after the racers!
All the resources are in place on the water.
This helps reduce the risk with to many on the water!

sandman11
2 posts
18 Dec 2013 6:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfingboye said..

shouldn't this be in the Racing sub-section???

lol.

No the WA - Racing section

L2L
WA, 195 posts
18 Dec 2013 10:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dearrabbit said..

If you withdrew from the race how do you receive your rashie and t-shirt? (was told you still receive merchandise regardless if you race or withdraw).

They will be mailed out this week

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"The 2013 Lighthouse to Leighton" started by L2L