Forums > Kitesurfing General

Traveling to Warrnambool for 2011 WAVE NATIONALS

Created by J inthe bool > 9 months ago, 13 Jan 2011
J inthe bool
VIC, 105 posts
13 Jan 2011 2:26PM
Thumbs Up

For those traveling via Plane and people coming down from the City (Melb) to the 2011 AKSA Wave National Champs...

The Vline service is a great option, as it departs 3times a day and is super cheap at $26 return... provided you regester your name with me...

Text on.... 0427548115
(normal price is still pritty cheap at $52 return)

The train times mid week are...

From Southern Cross (Melb)
Depart Arrive
07:35 10:54
13:00 16:09
18:36 22:03

There is a COMP BUS to pick you up from the Train Station and the same Comp bus will be doing round trips of camp grounds/hotels/Pubs and the Comp site every hour or two... throughout your time in Warrnambool.

Good to see the entries coming from all over Australia.... only 1 or 2 from VIC and SA so far though.....haha
looks like the trophies and prize money will be heading on a flight soon.

3 weeks to go......

Please email us if we can help with anything else... our details are on the contacts page of

www.kitesurfingnationals.com

Cheers

Jas

gruezi
WA, 3464 posts
13 Jan 2011 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

I would have come to this if I didn't have to go to EFL. Hope y'all have great conditions.

J inthe bool
VIC, 105 posts
13 Jan 2011 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

For those keen on seeing the local wind... See Graphs/Vic/Westcoast

Also from Bom website Wind Rose for FEB.

Cheers

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
13 Jan 2011 9:54PM
Thumbs Up

photoshopped

magilla
VIC, 60 posts
14 Jan 2011 9:25AM
Thumbs Up

puppetonastring said...

photoshopped

Nice try puppet but not photoshopped you should know that. Seen you out here a few times in these conditions trying to ripp

magilla
VIC, 60 posts
14 Jan 2011 1:57PM
Thumbs Up

Comp area from today. About a 8knot cross on shore wind and small swell. Still very kiteable and to get a idea look at the people on the beach for swell size. As I said this is what we term as a flat day.

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
15 Jan 2011 12:33AM
Thumbs Up

Ah yer - look at that.
Brings a lump to my throat !
Only thing missing is a few whales

And hes not joking folks. For Logans that is a VERY small break. Usually get your outer break happening way out in the blue section.
Gonna be an epic kitewave comp if the conditions come off. And the spectator sport from the dunes will make it top rate for everyone.

magilla
VIC, 60 posts
15 Jan 2011 9:57AM
Thumbs Up

The wind came in stronger yesterday and most of the SWKK we out having a ball in 15 to 18knots. The swell was on the increase all day. Its all looking good for feb. I got a good feeling and been putting out good vibes and if all else fails I have a kite to burn as a sacrifice to Huey.

kitegirl21
NSW, 439 posts
24 Jan 2011 8:05PM
Thumbs Up

hey jas, can i put my name down for the cheap train ticket.. also how do i go about booking a night or two at the caravan park, lookin for a cabin... coming down on the 1st feb - is it easy to get to the beach from the caravan park? from wat date will the comp bus be running?
cheers, looking forward to it

tightlines
WA, 3477 posts
26 Jan 2011 11:06AM
Thumbs Up

I will be arriving in Melbourne early Sunday morning, picking up a campervan then cruising down along the coast, hoping to do a bit of surfing & kiting along the way.

I usually go for warmer areas so have never travelled down that stretch, I'm hoping for a surf at places like Bells etc but is there any out of the way spots I should be visiting for wavekiting or surfing?, PM me if you don't want to tell the world, your secret place is safe with me.

I will be travelling solo so if there is anyone else heading down around the same time that wants to hook up for a session or two along the way get in touch.

J inthe bool
VIC, 105 posts
26 Jan 2011 6:29PM
Thumbs Up

Hi KG21,
I will put your name down for the train discount and drop u an email tomorrow with some details...

Others... If you are keen to use this service and discount, let me know by fri... Mon at the latest..

Bus for riders will be available from Wednesday arvo or thurs morn.

Mark got a discount with sirfside 2 (discovery holiday) park... 03 5561 4222 and just mention nationals for a discount.
Park is behind the dunes... You will be out the door and on the water within 5min..

J inthe bool
VIC, 105 posts
26 Jan 2011 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

Tightlines,
Mark has surfed every nook and cranny.. Up and down our coast line... So give him a call and he will fill you in on the secrets...
Mark ...0409 550 983

kitegirl21
NSW, 439 posts
26 Jan 2011 9:55PM
Thumbs Up

J inthe bool said...

Hi KG21,
I will put your name down for the train discount and drop u an email tomorrow with some details...

Others... If you are keen to use this service and discount, let me know by fri... Mon at the latest..

Bus for riders will be available from Wednesday arvo or thurs morn.

Mark got a discount with sirfside 2 (discovery holiday) park... 03 5561 4222 and just mention nationals for a discount.
Park is behind the dunes... You will be out the door and on the water within 5min..

hey bool, im all good now, ws gunna get the plane plus train down, but am going to car pool with some others from nsw
cheers anyway
c u guys soon!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Traveling to Warrnambool for 2011 WAVE NATIONALS" started by J inthe bool