Forums > Kitesurfing General

Wanted to Buy: 10-13m kite complete (2006-2008)

Created by Travesso > 9 months ago, 11 Mar 2008
Travesso
NSW, 52 posts
11 Mar 2008 2:12PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys, I had a 1 on 1 kite lesson with Jason from SurfFX in January and I wanna get a kite to get my kite skills up. I've wakeboarded for years so I'm hoping once I work a kite alright I'll be able to at least start teabagging on one of my wakeboards. If I cant get up and moving I'll go get a board lesson with Jase but I dont wanna waste lesson time learning how to control a kite when all I need is practice. So, long story short ;) anyone looking to sell a 2006-2008 kite 10-13m complete? Not knowing too much about the brands and models, I'm only going on what I've seen riding in front of mine at 23rd Ave Palmy and either North or Cabrinha seem to be the forerunners right?

Cheers,

Travis

hirschausen
WA, 421 posts
11 Mar 2008 12:37PM
Thumbs Up

Nope, it's kind of like Holden V's Ford V's Toyota V's Mitsubishi Sigma....

So personal choice is the go.

If you don't have much idea what you are doing, go with the recommendations of your instructor if unsure.

If you are a wakeboarder and like going unhooked, then your choices become far simpler

Travesso
NSW, 52 posts
11 Mar 2008 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

I like the red ones, they go faster

Seriously tho, I'm keen as to get one, so if anybody is looking to sell, please let me know here or PM me.

Cheers,

Travis

lex123
NSW, 511 posts
11 Mar 2008 3:02PM
Thumbs Up

There is a buy&sell section as well as a wanted section on this site. Has heaps of kites on offers as well as filters for size,price and brand so you cna find what you want no problems.

Travesso
NSW, 52 posts
11 Mar 2008 3:08PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I know, I have trolled over there for 3 weeks. Most ads for 2006-2007 kites are from pre August 2007 and are probably already sold. I was hoping to catch someone's eye who hasnt been bothered to put up an ad yet :) also to get a bit of advice on what I should actually be looking for... (I'm 6'3" 80kg by the way)

lex123
NSW, 511 posts
11 Mar 2008 3:39PM
Thumbs Up

Where will you be kiting?
and whats your budget

Travesso
NSW, 52 posts
11 Mar 2008 3:52PM
Thumbs Up

Well when I get capable, I will be kiting in front of my place at 23rd ave Palm Beach on the Gold Coast. Preferrably $800 would be my budget for the kite (complete) and harness. That would allow me a spare $200 to get a board lesson from Surf FX if need be..

walshd
SA, 601 posts
11 Mar 2008 3:34PM
Thumbs Up

$800 will get you an awesome 07' kite, but what your saying is you want to spend $800 on kite + harness.

A new harness will cost you about $180-$300.

$600 on a 2nd hand kite will prob mean you will only get 06' gear.

I'd go into a shop and try on some harnesses to find what size you are, then go on buy&sell and get a 2nd hand harness for $80.

$720 for an 07' kite will get you something decent. You can upgrade your harness later when you have more money.

Wakeboards will be a pain in the arse with wakeboard bindings. Good luck learning with a wakeboard! Macca's trays

Travesso
NSW, 52 posts
11 Mar 2008 4:14PM
Thumbs Up

Hahahha Maccas trays!

Neither of my boards are kite boards sure, but I have done some Macgyver work to an old pair of wake bindings that has made them slip on and quite similar to kite bindings. I showed my instructor Jason and he reckoned it would be alright to ride on. I'm sure that as I progress I'll end up buying a board but I'm not gonna turn up at the beach with $3000 of brand new gear that I dont know how to ride, looking like a kook Baby steps my friend... baby steps. Thanks heaps for the advice tho hey, I didnt realise harnesses were so much!

walshd
SA, 601 posts
11 Mar 2008 4:01PM
Thumbs Up

Sounds like the Mcgiver board should be fine. I were worried that you would go into a deathloop while trying to put your bindings on (its hard enough with a kiteboard when learning). Enjoy!

If you want to, post up some kites you have found and we can tell you if they are any good or a decent price. 07' Best kites are reasonably cheap but rarely come with a bar and lines.

Haggling can be hard with 2nd hand gear because people think that if they wait long enough, someone stupid will surely come along. Othertimes they just want to get rid of it and you will pick up a kit for a good price.

Travesso
NSW, 52 posts
11 Mar 2008 5:50PM
Thumbs Up

13m Fuel Slingshot 2006
13m Ozone Sport 2007
12m Eclipse Thruster 2007
13.5m Wipika Matrix 2007
12m DNA Airush 2007

These are a few in the ballpark pricerange that have been advertised in here or PM'd to me. I have only ever heard of the Slingshot one...

What are the thoughts on those ones?

walshd
SA, 601 posts
11 Mar 2008 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

I have honestly only flown the Fuel out of your list. They are a great kite but are one big grunt machine. 06' fuels arent too bad but 07' turn faster and have more depower. 07' are still expensive.

What prices did you get quoted for below?

I have heard the ozone sport is an excellent kite. That would be my first choice.

Eclipse thruster: I dont even know anyone that owns one...sorry cant help

The matrix are good jumping kites but are still a C-kite. You should look for a good hybrid (I'd look for an 07' 13M Yarga for the price of them at the moment)

The DNA are supposed to be a great kite too. 2nd hand Airush kites are great value for money because they dont hold their value well.

graceful
WA, 773 posts
11 Mar 2008 5:18PM
Thumbs Up

DAM air rush dont hold there value well??

im wanting to sell my 12m 07 airush flow,great cond,how much is a resonable asking price???i paid 850 for it 3 months ago,did i get ripped haha i thought it was a ok price

RAL INN
SA, 2885 posts
11 Mar 2008 8:23PM
Thumbs Up

maybe this will help with the Thruster info

Surfrod66
NSW, 665 posts
11 Mar 2008 11:16PM
Thumbs Up

I have a 10mtr 2008 North rebel kite (RED IN COLOUR)complete bar lines and harness,in new condition Yours for $1299.

Travesso
NSW, 52 posts
12 Mar 2008 12:55PM
Thumbs Up

Ive been recommended to get a 13m Slingshot Fuel 2007 by a Seabreeze user. What do people think of these?

walshd
SA, 601 posts
12 Mar 2008 1:54PM
Thumbs Up

Expensive, considering you could get an easier kite to learn on. But I would have killed to be able to learn on an 07 fuel. I learnt on the first 4-line Wipika kites and the 2002 Naish ARX 4-line with a Stonker harness that would crush your ribs as it loosened itself, and a Stonker 153 that had the worst bindings known to man.

Up to you tho, your a wakeboarder so you should handle it. How much?

getfunky
WA, 4485 posts
12 Mar 2008 12:27PM
Thumbs Up

graceful said...

DAM air rush dont hold there value well??

im wanting to sell my 12m 07 airush flow,great cond,how much is a resonable asking price???i paid 850 for it 3 months ago,did i get ripped haha i thought it was a ok price

Nah mate you could still swap it for a Maccas tray or something of equal value... do you want fries with that?

$850 for 3 months used 2-3 times a week works out to about $23-$35 bucks a sesh... still good value any day. Cheaper than a night on the slops and leaves you feeling only half as sore.

stylez
VIC, 19 posts
12 Mar 2008 10:05PM
Thumbs Up

I've got a 2008 Ocean Rodeo Rise 10m, 07 Mystic warrior harness M, and an 06 Underground FLX 132cm that is about to be put up for sale in the next few days. Complete kit for $1500 - Kite is like new. Not sure if this would be something you are looking for...

nicnak
QLD, 14 posts
12 Mar 2008 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

Travis
Welcome to the Goldy crew
Just go in to Surf Fx - they set me up when I began, Jason is an awesome dude and wont bullsh1t you. They have plenty of good kites - not some of the crap you have been recommended here.

kkiter
NSW, 452 posts
12 Mar 2008 10:57PM
Thumbs Up

I've got a nice 06 12M Waroo for sale.
Complete with bar & lines, bag & pump, spare bar for $550.

Travesso
NSW, 52 posts
13 Mar 2008 4:00PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the welcome nicnak, I'm looking forward to getting out there big time! I was gonna head in to Surf FX and get sorted but I really wanted to get an idea on prices 2nd hand before going and paying retail prices for 2nd hand gear. In no way will I be buying new gear, its just too expensive and in 6 months its worth half what you paid... I just need to narrow down to a kite brand and type and go for it!

Travesso
NSW, 52 posts
14 Mar 2008 12:17PM
Thumbs Up

What do people think about 13m 06 Slingshot Fuel?? That and a 12m 07 Liquid Force Havoc have caught my eye...

Travesso
NSW, 52 posts
17 Mar 2008 11:28AM
Thumbs Up

I ended up getting a Cabrinha 2008 Revolver HD 11m. Had a go on saturday and am a little bit in love with it :D So are my mates and they now are keen to get something. Thanks for the advice guys, I'll keep an eye on the Buy & Sell for my mates now.

Cheers,
Travis

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Wanted to Buy: 10-13m kite complete (2006-2008)" started by Travesso