Forums > Kitesurfing General

whats your fav kitesurfing pic??

Created by Biagro > 9 months ago, 1 Sep 2008
79Boarder
NSW, 93 posts
16 Sep 2008 6:46PM
Thumbs Up

looking at all these photos i think i need to find some flat water! learning at the beach just isn't the same.

GreenPat
QLD, 4083 posts
1 Oct 2008 1:29PM
Thumbs Up

This has to be one of my all time favourites, Bertrand at The Gorge.

Smedg
NSW, 836 posts
1 Oct 2008 9:55PM
Thumbs Up

Greenpat. tell those oldies on the sore knees thread they need to work more on jumps like this... Nice pic.

Macca Wollongong
NSW, 295 posts
1 Oct 2008 10:14PM
Thumbs Up

only cause they are of me lol

ADEN
QLD, 299 posts
2 Oct 2008 1:36AM
Thumbs Up

GreenPat said...

Now that's Wakestyle!!

fozzy
SA, 501 posts
2 Oct 2008 1:16AM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^^

Actually kiteloops aren't wakestyle. They're freestyle. Cool, but not Wakestyle.

loco4olas
NSW, 1515 posts
2 Oct 2008 12:48PM
Thumbs Up

GreenPat said...

Good move-shame he's such a w@nker......

ADEN
QLD, 299 posts
2 Oct 2008 2:03PM
Thumbs Up

fozzy said...

^^^^^^

Actually kiteloops aren't wakestyle. They're freestyle. Cool, but not Wakestyle.

Can anyone around here take a joke

fozzy
SA, 501 posts
2 Oct 2008 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

Yep......when I hear one.

Macca Wollongong
NSW, 295 posts
3 Oct 2008 8:14PM
Thumbs Up

Gaylie?

Hard to tell from the angle but im acctully unhooked, but have my arms bent.

I use a seat harness too, so very hard to do a gaily that big lol

Just to point out, the leash is connected to the chicken loop on the inside of the loop (new ozone chicken loop with the suercide hook

:P

GreenPat
QLD, 4083 posts
3 Oct 2008 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

So does that chicken loop run up your leash when you unhook Macca? And have to run back down it to hook back in?

hood rat
QLD, 56 posts
3 Oct 2008 11:35PM
Thumbs Up

fozzy said...

^^^^^^

more wakestyle than freestyle.. if it was freestyle his kite would loop twice maybe 3 or 4 times sending him to the ocean softer than a pillow

fozzy
SA, 501 posts
4 Oct 2008 12:01AM
Thumbs Up

hood rat said...

fozzy said...

^^^^^^

more wakestyle than freestyle.. if it was freestyle his kite would loop twice maybe 3 or 4 times sending him to the ocean softer than a pillow

Errr... No!

I'm sure this has been argued plenty before so I will be brief and then say no more on it. Wakestyle derives its label from Wakeboarding. Wakeboarding is done behind a boat. This is replicated by parking your kite and loading and popping into your tricks without any lift from the kite. Given boats don't loop, KL's are not wakestyle.

Now this is not to say KL's don't take balls and hell commitment if doing one like Bertrand in the photo but Wakestyle they aint.

Right, that's it as this has nothing to do with favourite pictures.

airush geoff
974 posts
4 Oct 2008 8:22AM
Thumbs Up

Please wr wind can we have some breeze so we can take more favourite pictures ?

ADEN
QLD, 299 posts
4 Oct 2008 11:34AM
Thumbs Up

hood rat said...

fozzy said...

^^^^^^

Hood rats' got it!

4 Oct 2008 12:43PM
Thumbs Up

Smedg said...

Greenpat. tell those oldies on the sore knees thread they need to work more on jumps like this... Nice pic.

When I die I'm going to request to the boss that I come back as some sort of virus that causes the knees and ankles of kiters like youse Smedg, to swell up and become insanely painful after 5 mins riding, then the swelling will go down in 30 mins and come back if you ride for 5 mins again, I will be called Attack of the Killer Knees virus.
And I will only attack nashty youngsters who have been unkind to older folks on kite forums.

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve McCfected

Smedg
NSW, 836 posts
5 Oct 2008 11:27PM
Thumbs Up

hahaha grumpy OLD man.

xtortya
WA, 322 posts
6 Oct 2008 10:57AM
Thumbs Up

fozzy said...

hood rat said...

fozzy said...

^^^^^^

Errr... No!

I'm sure this has been argued plenty before so I will be brief and then say no more on it. Wakestyle derives its label from Wakeboarding. Wakeboarding is done behind a boat. This is replicated by parking your kite and loading and popping into your tricks without any lift from the kite. Given boats don't loop, KL's are not wakestyle.

Now this is not to say KL's don't take balls and hell commitment if doing one like Bertrand in the photo but Wakestyle they aint.

i Kite looped my ski boat once.......can i call kitelooping wakestyle now

sunseeker
QLD, 1203 posts
6 Oct 2008 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

Macca Wollongong said...

Gaylie?

Hard to tell from the angle but im acctully unhooked, but have my arms bent.

I use a seat harness too, so very hard to do a gaily that big lol

Just to point out, the leash is connected to the chicken loop on the inside of the loop (new ozone chicken loop with the suercide hook

:P

My apologies Macca

Oakie
WA, 268 posts
6 Oct 2008 1:59PM
Thumbs Up

fozzy said...

Errr... No!

But...theres no wake in wakestyle??? [}:)]

kitelements
WA, 101 posts
6 Oct 2008 2:22PM
Thumbs Up

Tobii said...

You'd think i was too shallow at the river... but i assure you it's an optical illusion and i'm well outside the bouys..............

i love this oneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
hahahahahaha
i took it lol

Macca Wollongong
NSW, 295 posts
7 Oct 2008 11:40PM
Thumbs Up

im only new to unhooking so i was launching with arms bent, after see the pics was shown now to do them better, now launching with arms out and a lil more control

I just think the pics look cool hehe

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"whats your fav kitesurfing pic??" started by Biagro