Forums > Kitesurfing   Newbies / Tips & Tricks

North Rebel 2014... release date?

Created by SaltySinus > 9 months ago, 13 May 2013
SaltySinus
VIC, 960 posts
13 May 2013 5:10PM
Thumbs Up

When do the 'new' models usually get released? Is it 1st Jan 2014, or do they have a season/release schedule?

Thanks.

zarb
NSW, 623 posts
13 May 2013 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

Like bicycles, when they say 2014, they normally tend to be released about half a year early

alfamale
QLD, 138 posts
13 May 2013 7:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SaltySinus said..

When do the 'new' models usually get released? Is it 1st Jan 2014, or do they have a season/release schedule?

Thanks.

Probably September

Dl33ta
TAS, 461 posts
13 May 2013 9:30PM
Thumbs Up

Gunna get another Rebel Salty?

SaltySinus
VIC, 960 posts
14 May 2013 10:25AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks guys...

I'm looking to get a new 12m.

Dl33ta, yeah, I've currently got a 9m Rebel, and a 10m Vegas. I quite like the North brand so keen to get a another to join the quiver...

I just don't want to go all out and buy a new 12m only to find out the next day the 2014 are released....

Peterc150
VIC, 710 posts
15 May 2013 6:06PM
Thumbs Up

When the 2014 is released 3 or 4Q13 then you might find the 2013 model discounted by up to $500.

If there isn't a compelling reason to buy the new model, save some cash and buy the previous model.

SaltySinus
VIC, 960 posts
15 May 2013 6:18PM
Thumbs Up

Roger, thanks PeterC.

zarb
NSW, 623 posts
15 May 2013 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

And make sure you try other brands as well!

I was dead set on North because they were what I used on my first lessons. But I was talked in to trying Ozone. There are plenty of good brands out there and for my next kites I plan on doing A LOT of demoing!

SaltySinus
VIC, 960 posts
15 May 2013 8:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
zarb said..

I was dead set on North because they were what I used on my first lessons. But I was talked in to trying Ozone. There are plenty of good brands out there and for my next kites I plan on doing A LOT of demoing!

Thanks for the feedback Mr. Backroll. It's a good point .... although a demo day this time of year (in Victoria) is probably not the best time of year...

zarb
NSW, 623 posts
15 May 2013 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

Mr Backroll? That does have a nice ring to it!

If you just ring up a stockist, they are normally happy to book you a kite to have a play with. I'm planning on a few demos when I get back to Sydney. Wish I had a 5m to demo today...

SaltySinus
VIC, 960 posts
16 May 2013 11:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
zarb said..

Mr Backroll? That does have a nice ring to it!

If you just ring up a stockist, they are normally happy to book you a kite to have a play with. I'm planning on a few demos when I get back to Sydney. Wish I had a 5m to demo today...

Ha ha, I bet you do... you and half of Victoria...

16 May 2013 1:39PM
Thumbs Up

Most of the big brands release at least half of their 2014 models around September of the year before, so you will see 2014 Rebels in September this year. Good advice on the closeouts, and a current model will better match what you already have.
Definitely try some 4 line kites though too.
Most shops do not have all sizes to demo, its just impossible to justify the cost. We mainly have the middle and more popular sizes for demo, we found joe public tended to only want to "borrow" a small kite so he could go for a kite when it was too windy for his normal kite(s). We so rarely sold a small kite from a demo we pulled the pin on having them available.
Another issue was less experienced people wanting to practice learning in winds that were too strong for their normal kite.

SaltySinus
VIC, 960 posts
16 May 2013 6:26PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Kitepower...

Kazan
QLD, 699 posts
16 May 2013 9:18PM
Thumbs Up

Hey KitePower. Are you guys still selling land kites and gear? Or is all that dead now that Geelong store closed down?

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
16 May 2013 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
zarb said..

spot on ,if you like your rebels id definately give the new mutiny f series a run, its very rebel like but better, imo im a big lover of the ozones and would put them up there alongside on quality and performance, the are rave reviews and results coming out of europe on these kites, i had a good run on one a few months ago very nice kite with immaculate build quality ,

zarb
NSW, 623 posts
16 May 2013 10:08PM
Thumbs Up

Yup the Ozones are amazing kites. Not as flash as some of the other brands I've seen, very plain and no frills but everything works perfectly and to a very high standard. As Kiteworld puts it in one of their reviews:

"Ozone are like the quiet kid at school that sat alone in the corner, but is actually a kickboxing champion".

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
16 May 2013 8:21PM
Thumbs Up

yeh his name was edge and was 7

Drewm
VIC, 159 posts
20 May 2013 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

Last year the release date for the Rebel was August 1st, but they land in Aus end of august/start of september.

New mutiny F series is a sweet kite if you can try one out, do it. So easy to use, but so much fun. I love 5 line ckites for various reasons but i spent a week using the F and it's awesome

Kozzie
QLD, 1451 posts
23 May 2013 1:58PM
Thumbs Up

saw them in sri lanka july if not earlier (factory is there tho) that goes for the cabrinha aswell.

im hanging out for a chaos but very tempted to grab a vegas as there so popular and everyone likes them.

SaltySinus
VIC, 960 posts
23 May 2013 4:22PM
Thumbs Up

I couldn't wait any longer... I bought at 2013 model... fingers crossed the 2014 is rubbish ;-)

zarb
NSW, 623 posts
23 May 2013 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

Speaking of 2014 gear, are there any blogs out there that took some photos or wrote about the recent demo days of all the new shiny 2014 stuff from manufacturers? Happened in Mexico the last few weeks didn't it?

juicerider
WA, 790 posts
24 May 2013 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

Maybe this is what you are waithing for. Looks like they have turned their colours down a bit for next year

26 May 2013 12:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kazan said..

Hey KitePower. Are you guys still selling land kites and gear? Or is all that dead now that Geelong store closed down?

No we have always sold land kiting kites and gear from all 3 of our stores. Geelong Kites is still operating and still selling Ozone land kites and MBS landboards.

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
30 May 2013 7:15AM
Thumbs Up

Hi mate,

North and Cabrinha releasing their new kites end of July.
The dealer meetings are soon so have a chat to your local dealer in a few weeks and ask them about the new kites :)

check out the Xtera 2013/2014 kites. sic allround pure delta design. We use them in our school and they rock

www.royalkiteboarding.com/

happy days

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   Newbies / Tips & Tricks

"North Rebel 2014... release date?" started by SaltySinus