2009 Blade Trigger (replaces Beast)

Created by Hobie1463 > 9 months ago, 29 Sep 2008
Hobie1463
SA, 449 posts
29 Sep 2008 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

Disclosure: I sell these kites .. this is info from manufacture/distributor

Overview:
There are many obstacles to deal with when starting a new kite design from scratch – but it’s also the challenge and endless possibilities that drove the Blade design team to face those obstacles head on. The introduction of another kite to the Blade family gives the option of selecting a kite that is the best match for your individual preferences.
The new Trigger kite has been designed to be a forgiving kite with easy relaunch abilities that provides constant maximum power throughout every movement. While we were thinking about the necessities for freerider techniques when designing this kite, it turns out that the final product is also an ideal beginner kite.
Kite Design:
The supported leading edge (SLE) kites available today have a pretty decent reputation. While designing the Trigger, we went a step further and addressed a few issues that are generally associated with these types of kites. We kept the classic SLE kite design which gives the Trigger a lot of power with easy relaunchability while we developed unique modifications to the profile and leading edge shape to resolve issues with slow turns, delayed steering, and uneven power spikes.
Being enthusiasts of the pulley bridle system but wanting better control, we created a uniform bridle system that responds quickly to steering commands while still turning quickly. With these transformations and a much more efficient profile, the Trigger is powerful even in lighter wind ranges since it moves faster and maximizes constant power. Overall, the Trigger is characterized by a lot of stability and power which is actually maintained throughout kite maneuvers.
In addition, the Trigger has a low aspect ratio in order to increase the kite’s user friendliness, but we refused to sacrifice the high performance level of the kite which is what makes it ideal for high jumps with extensive airtime. While the power of the kite will get you up higher, the leading edge size will give you the extensive air time.
A necessity for freeride and freestyle alike, the Trigger is also capable of smoother and more controlled kiteloops since we have eliminated uneven power bursts and adjusted the bridle system for a smoother ride.
In keeping with the classic characteristics of an SLE kite, the simple relaunch system which will get you back on track quickly will be appreciated by most riders. Here, once again, the slightly lower aspect ratio and bridle system contribute to this valuable feature.
As with every Blade kite, the design features of each kite size was specially engineered to balance out. Each size has a slightly varied shape which utilizes the profile to the fullest. This prevents the kite from fluttering even when it is completely depowered and preserves the characteristics that make the Trigger distinctive.
Sizes:
Kite design has progressed a lot over the passed few years and we have all learned that while a certain design features could work for one kite size it might not be ideal for a different size. Bearing this in mind, each size category was designed with specific characteristics to increase performance and ease of use. On the smaller kites we focused on enhancing the performance in stronger wind conditions so the profile is slightly softer. For the larger kite sizes we wanted to increase the power and turning speed so the profile is stronger.
These individual compositions for each kite size allowed us to improve different aspects in specific sizes. Our smaller kites were already very reactive and with this distinctive profile they are now much more stable as well as efficient in stronger wind conditions. In the larger kites, we applied a stronger profile to address under power issues while improving the turning speed and adding a more direct feeling between the bar and the kite.
Kite Construction:
In keeping with the Blade reputation for products that are built to last, the 2009 product line is produced with top quality materials from the most respected vendors in the industry. Through the use of insignia tape, padding, and sturdy fabric, our kites are ready to stand up to the toughest conditions. Our unique Double Rip Stop Layer is concentrated on the most delicate areas of the kite and our seams have more protection than ever before. All construction features have been balanced with the kite design for highly efficient performance and durability.
In addition, our MAD2 advanced inflation system is the newest Blade addition. The uniquely molded valve pieces have passed rigorous tests in uncontrolled environments and have proven to be 100% foolproof.
The Riders:
Let’s face facts – generally kiters are looking for a reliable kite that will allow them to improve their skills and compensate for mistakes they’re likely to make. The Trigger is the answer that you might be looking for if you want the classic 4-line bridle kite but find yourself getting frustrated with unresponsiveness or slow turns or having difficulty maintaining the power.
Now that you’ve been formally introduced to the newest addition to the Blade line, come down to one of our testing spots and introduce yourself.
Available Sizes:
5, 7, 9, 10, 12, & 14

Hobie1463
SA, 449 posts
17 Nov 2008 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

Dealer

Hi Rode 2009 trigger 12 yesterday 13-18 knots.

This is a great kite. This is the best Blade kite I have used.The kite turns on a dime has good bar responce. This kite has excerlent water relaunch(gave this a good test). Kite is a 4 line kite with a 4 into 5 line depower. Kite has 2 x full flogging depower on rear lines and also quick release on chicken loop.kite also comes with saftey stap for you harness.

2) Self land / launch - Easy. Just flips up onto the wing and your off.

3) The kite fly's very similar to the slingshot rev. While riding towrds the kite it just slowly slips down the window.

4)If you get a chance you should try this kite.

Will hopefully get some others to test soon and will let you all no what they think.

Thanks

Hobie1463
SA, 449 posts
25 Nov 2008 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

Dealer

Hi got ride the Trigger 9 meter kite on the weekend.

18-20 knots

This is the best kite so far. The kite has really good pull anywhere in the window
Kite is super fast as well as stable.
Kite turns quick( as you would expect a small kite to do)
The kite while riding towards it just slowly drifts down the window but you still have control.

Get on one if you can you will be suprised.

Thanks

Hobie1463
SA, 449 posts
6 Dec 2008 10:45AM
Thumbs Up

Had a few messages on where you can get these kites and how much they cost. Please contact Glascraft marine Adelaide they will put you in touch with a local dealer.

Thanks

nathand
QLD, 211 posts
6 Dec 2008 12:17PM
Thumbs Up

been out with zeb few times with his looks good think you should send me a free one just to make sure mate

elizabethb
QLD, 2081 posts
6 Dec 2008 4:30PM
Thumbs Up

nathand said...

been out with zeb few times with his looks good think you should send me a free one just to make sure mate

Yehhh but Nath, that's the difference...
Zebb can throw huge **** and land it... You're still learning to go upwind!

nathand
QLD, 211 posts
8 Dec 2008 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

hahah ur just still upset after trying to kite while checkin out me bare ass while rode around you

Alliance
SA, 12 posts
10 Dec 2008 11:54PM
Thumbs Up

I picked up my 12mtr 09 BLADE trigger Yesterday..(cheers Waza) Looks the goods.. Havent used it yet let alone know how to haha.
Nothing like jumping in the deep end. Finished my lessons now (thanks Laura/Red Barren) Time to eat some more water.

nathand
QLD, 211 posts
11 Dec 2008 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

whats the prices like mate

Hobie1463
SA, 449 posts
11 Dec 2008 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

Talk to Zeb. He will help you.

nathand
QLD, 211 posts
19 Dec 2008 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

took zebys for a spin today in just under 15 on a 12m i came in cause my 12 vert wasnt pulling to hard and was surprised how awesome this kite was, for starters i noticed blale has changed their mad system to new mad 2 which looks like a better system ,we were changing the kite over in air and dropped the kite in the mud the thing relaunched itself before i even touched the bar, coudlnt believe how hard this thing cranked pulled nice and controlled could drag it straight to the edge of the window and shoot up wind, rode unhooked beutifully without having to tune the depower actually looped nicely without distorting through the power zone and the thing wasnt even fully powered its a truck real low aspect, yet the leading edge looks similar size to the vertigo wasnt much difference in speed to the 12m vert,, the heavier bar pressure waasnt as bad as i thought it would be actually pretty comfy, pretty hooked on it just ordered my new one so have to sell the 08 12 to upgrade, have to take the 9 out to see if its worth upgrading aswel but will have to try hard to drag my 9 vert away from me, enough bull**** the kite is tops got my vote
cheers

nathand
QLD, 211 posts
19 Dec 2008 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

got my 12 today, pretty stoked only took like a day from ordering it to get it
cheers heaps zebb!

heres the product vid

Hobie1463
SA, 449 posts
21 Dec 2008 11:40PM
Thumbs Up

kite only or Kite and Board packages avaliable. Contact me for details.

Sizes 12 and 9 other sizes on aplication.

nathand
QLD, 211 posts
21 Dec 2008 11:59PM
Thumbs Up

hve u got any pics of the 09 vert

Hobie1463
SA, 449 posts
22 Dec 2008 7:54AM
Thumbs Up

09 Blade Verdigo.

nathand
QLD, 211 posts
25 Dec 2008 4:15PM
Thumbs Up

hey mate when does the prime come out

Hobie1463
SA, 449 posts
25 Dec 2008 8:32PM
Thumbs Up

They are all avaliable Trigger,Verdigo and Prime. The Verdigo and Prime I belive are only avalible on order from the factory. The importer is not going to stock. After christmas I will check this and let you no.

Above is how I under stood it to be.

nathand
QLD, 211 posts
25 Dec 2008 9:33PM
Thumbs Up

tru blade aus having a demo day any time soon?

Hobie1463
SA, 449 posts
1 Jan 2009 9:54PM
Thumbs Up

I stand corrected.

Trigger, Verdigo and Prime are all avaliable Kites arrive in a couple of weeks.

Demo,s will be avaliable.

nathand
QLD, 211 posts
6 Jan 2009 7:18PM
Thumbs Up

mate might wanna order a ****load of kites everyone that has a demo of mine wants to buy one now

0__

Hobie1463
SA, 449 posts
4 Feb 2009 3:49PM
Thumbs Up

Kites are now in stock 7m,9m,10m,and 12m

All colors avaliable.

More info at www.bladekites.com

myusernam
QLD, 6123 posts
4 Feb 2009 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

rrp?

Hobie1463
SA, 449 posts
4 Feb 2009 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

There are Dealers in QLD, Southern NSW,Adelaide.

AH
SA, 29 posts
5 Feb 2009 1:28AM
Thumbs Up

rrp?

Too much compared to the main Blade Shop on the website . The USD has screwed kite prices up here. My advice - buy in EURO. I just paid EURO 600-00 for a current kite delivered!!! Sweet Ride Too. Read the review in KBM and the agent in Europe hooked me up.

BJ
WA, 58 posts
5 Feb 2009 3:36PM
Thumbs Up

AH, sounds like a sick deal Can you PM me the shop you got it through

Hobie1463
SA, 449 posts
5 Feb 2009 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

Intresting, You told me you were going to get a friend to buy in europe and bring it in to AUS with them.

So post a photo for all to see.

I am interested to see what model and size you got.

AH
SA, 29 posts
6 Feb 2009 1:56AM
Thumbs Up

I was keen to go Blade through the main website www.bladekites,com as the prices in their shop were really good but I picked up a few kite mags and neither of them had any reviews on any of the Blade range. I don't pay too much attention to the reviews on here as most of them are linked to the dealer or a shop. KBM did a fantastic review last issue and that helped me make my decision. Plus the Euro has only taken a 10% drop (roughly) where the USD has been hit 30% ish!!! So my advice would be to search Euro online shops for some good pricing. Plus if you get it shipped and its less that $1000 you don't pay DUTY. 2 parcels - one kite only - one Bars, lines and pump.

Happy riding.

Amy

EDIT - Sorry forgot to say. It was an 11.0m C kite I got. Love it

BJ
WA, 58 posts
6 Feb 2009 8:08AM
Thumbs Up

AH, How about being a bit more honest with your posts. Best i can see the Blade pricing in Australia is about the same as Blade pricing everywhere else. This is more than can be said for other brands as you have found out but haven't been prepared to post.

Hi BJ,

I got my kite through a shop in France. I didn't end up getting a Blade as ther pricing was in USD and it wasn't much different to the prices hobie sent me once everything was added. Being a uni student you have to get good deals or you end up buying old gear that you wreck or has been wrecked.

Peace

AH

AH
SA, 29 posts
6 Feb 2009 5:52PM
Thumbs Up

BJ - as far as I can tell buying from Blade Direct was US$1058 for a 10m Trigger, which is roughly AU$1610, the pricing given to me from hobie was AU$1800. The kite I ended up getting was the same price here as it was in France but they were out of stock here and had a few in France, hence buying it from there. I don't want to hi jack the thread by advertising the brand of kites when I am talking about pricing.

Hobie1463
SA, 449 posts
6 Feb 2009 6:59PM
Thumbs Up

When people contact me VIA Email I always quote recomended retail prices.

As you read in you private email I also so said

"I am willing to give discount pricing if you take this enquire further"

Seems you are hijacking this thread by giving false information.

Thanks

Hobie1463
SA, 449 posts
4 Mar 2009 12:47PM
Thumbs Up

HI, got a 10m rode it in 18 to 27 knots. Great kite all round performance. Thinking only need this kite get rid of the other sizes.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2009 Blade Trigger (replaces Beast)" started by Hobie1463