QLD, 416 posts
24 Jan 2009 9:32PM
Thumbs Up

Has anyone sampled this kite

Ryland
WA, 1222 posts
31 Jan 2009 9:40AM
Thumbs Up

had a ride on one the other day. they look sweet, great canopy graphics. construction made to normal slingshot quality-bombproof. they have 3 struts. super stable. i only rode it on my surfboard strapless(cant comment on how it boosts etc). the wind was a bit up and down and i only rode the 8m for about 45mins and then came in as the wind had dropped right out. i found it to have about same power as my 9m, i rode them back to back and couldnt notice a difference in power. heavier bar pressure to my rev2s-which i like to park and ride for waveriding so it suited me perfectly. the first thing i noticed is that it trucked up wind. i thought being like a c kite it wouldnt go upwind as well as a rev but it did easily. i think it would be a great kite for wake style riding and is a great kite for unhooked park and ride wave riding and super stable for learning also. a few more rides and i could be getting off my rev2s and ordering a set of these babies. if your going to kitestock give them a go. there should be the 12m 8m and 6m on demo there.

taxi
QLD, 416 posts
31 Jan 2009 3:46PM
Thumbs Up

George from KSA is getting some demos soon keen to try.

sckitesurf
QLD, 191 posts
14 Feb 2009 10:03PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah, or you could go a 08 LF Havoc. & save $$$$

sk1nner
VIC, 181 posts
15 Feb 2009 12:50PM
Thumbs Up

I tried the 10 at kite stock in marginal conditions (15 or so knots)

I liked it. Seemed to be a bit more stable than my rev 9m. I was expecting more power however i felt it was on par with my 9.

Over all a nice kite, few very much like a rev.

17 Feb 2009 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys tried the RPMs on the weekend. It was a bit light but still got a couple of runs in the river mouth with a 12mtr. I was still impressed with its stability in such light wind. Had it set on medium bar pressure and medium speed. Would take a little while to get the feel for the many setting and your personal preference, but the idea of a kite that can either perform as a Rev or as a Fuel is really appealing to riders who do both styles alot. Was definately quick and didn't back stall much considering how light it was sub 10knots. Expecting stock in March. Will keep you posted when demo is available.
Interesting concept from Slingshot, will be great to see how it goes in good wind and to try the relaunch which is supposed to be as good as the Rev.
Have Fun!
George

jordy
SA, 451 posts
18 Feb 2009 12:42PM
Thumbs Up

Does anyone know a price by any chance? Looks like a nice kite. Is it supposed to be more like a Rev or a Fuel?

Rhys McClintock
NSW, 995 posts
19 Feb 2009 9:48AM
Thumbs Up

Pretty much sits directly in between the two - with the option to make it more Rev, or more Fuel...

Price's havn't been released yet - But i'd expect them to be similar to the REV 2

25 Feb 2009 8:38PM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys
prices look like being in between revs and fuels should have my demo next week, and a verrry limited stock, hopefully will turn up at the same time. Have a look at this link

-C3yqwc__

hope this vid works have fun
GEORGE

jackgearo
NSW, 331 posts
25 Feb 2009 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

jordy said...

Does anyone know a price by any chance?

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48086

Ben De Jonge
WA, 819 posts
26 Feb 2009 4:00PM
Thumbs Up

Nice vid

BoardCrazy
NSW, 74 posts
Site Sponsor
3 Mar 2009 10:31AM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys I posted my review in the rpm pics posted in this section..

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2009 Slingshot RPM" started by taxi