Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2010 Cabrinha bar upgrade?

Created by Big eeeZeee > 9 months ago, 19 Oct 2010
waxman
SA, 1390 posts
20 Oct 2010 10:37AM
Thumbs Up

I really don't have many kites at the moment, but when i get back on the water it will probably be on a AH Pro, best kahoona, Fone bandit and some SS kites. Different kites work well in different conditions for different styles, so what is the point of ridding the same gear all of the time. To get the most out of my time on the water i will have 4-5 kites and around 7 boards, from custom made ones, to cardboards, flexi, fone, nobile and slingshot.

I have been ridding a bit lately but are still doing physio, so will be back on the water full time by the end of November and back at work so not on SB all the time, some people on this forum need to get a sense of hummer and realise there being baited.LOL

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
20 Oct 2010 1:26PM
Thumbs Up

pearl said...

I'm not liking the spring at all on the 2011 switchblade, so may remove mine. I notice they now have a video on cabrinha site how to remove it, so I'm not the only one. Does anyone know if the 2010 pro kit fits the 2011 recoil bar; and if there is a fixed or sliding stopper I can fit when the spring is removed.

You have hit the nail on the head, not everyone is going to like it. It's just a gimmick to suck people in well short people.

If i was to ride one i would get rid of the spring and make up a stopper to limit the bar throw by 1/2 to 2/3 so that if you do drop the bar its still going to hold some power.

IWB
210 posts
20 Oct 2010 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

Pearl,
My guess is that the 2010 depower strap with the sliding stopper should work on the 2011 setup as the PU tubing appears to be the same diameter. I also imagine the 2010 pro kit will work on the 2011 bar but not 100% sure.

Lartay
QLD, 39 posts
20 Oct 2010 10:51PM
Thumbs Up

RachyB said...

waxman said...

I dont think i have seen to many people unhook on a Cab to do a raily, i have seen a lot of gailys though.

Ummm, Keahi?

I reckon' I can think of a handful of women cabrinha riders that are probably riding better than you.

This is me on a Cabrinha Nomad.

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
20 Oct 2010 11:54PM
Thumbs Up

That's a nice shot.

Good pop of the chop.

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
20 Oct 2010 11:29PM
Thumbs Up

waxman said...

That's a nice shot.

Good pop of the chop.

off chops buddy, keep popping

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
21 Oct 2010 12:18AM
Thumbs Up

One of our locals in Whyalla ripping on a SB.

The photo is copied of the SAKSA forum, not one of mine.

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
21 Oct 2010 12:03AM
Thumbs Up

did you take this photo?
i like it! first though it is a photo of you
SB and Paris- good taste the lady- whats her name?
Hope she will visit next years nationals in VIC & QLD.

max14
SA, 220 posts
21 Oct 2010 1:20AM
Thumbs Up

Hahahaha good work waxy, her name is Vicki, and yeah she rips, she normally rides a 7m,
But the kite she is riding is mine ;) it was a brand new 11m and had never been crashed into the water when Vic decided she would christen it for me when she popped to blind and grabbed the wrong side of the bar, the look on her face was pure gold as it smashed into the water flat out...

SlicerDicer
179 posts
21 Oct 2010 1:23AM
Thumbs Up

RachyB said...

Being a girl and not having as long arms as some, this was a problem for me.

I am a 6'2 guy and I have a hard time reaching it I am using a seat harness too.

I have physically grab the damn centerline and pull so I can get the little clipring thing to slide to me.

waxman said...
It's just a gimmick to suck people in well short people.

Just wait till you get shrinkorayed and see above.

doolz
SA, 127 posts
21 Oct 2010 9:37AM
Thumbs Up

djdojo said...

I think part of the problem is that the man of wax hasn't been riding at all lately (recall a post about a broken foot?) and is perhaps a bit frustrated and flailing around at easy targets.

This said, there seems to be the occasional bit of playfulness, sarcasm and other not so serious elements in his posts, which suggests he may be mellowing a bit???

it must be hard for him to ride at whyalla with all those quality cabrinha riders around

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
21 Oct 2010 9:15AM
Thumbs Up

max14 said...

Hahahaha good work waxy, her name is Vicki, and yeah she rips, she normally rides a 7m,
But the kite she is riding is mine ;) it was a brand new 11m and had never been crashed into the water when Vic decided she would christen it for me when she popped to blind and grabbed the wrong side of the bar, the look on her face was pure gold as it smashed into the water flat out...

thats classic mate- she could prolly blame the spring for the kite not to crash with bar fully out depowered jks
btw looks pretty windy for a lady on a 11m switchy does vicky ride unhooked/waves?

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
21 Oct 2010 10:32AM
Thumbs Up

doolz said...

djdojo said...

I think part of the problem is that the man of wax hasn't been riding at all lately (recall a post about a broken foot?) and is perhaps a bit frustrated and flailing around at easy targets.

This said, there seems to be the occasional bit of playfulness, sarcasm and other not so serious elements in his posts, which suggests he may be mellowing a bit???

it must be hard for him to ride at whyalla with all those quality cabrinha riders around

You mean this crew,

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
21 Oct 2010 10:35AM
Thumbs Up

These photos were also copied from the SAKSA forum, not mine.
Peter, or Buell as he is known took these shots.

Riders are Blake, Matt, Jordy and Jimmy.

max14
SA, 220 posts
21 Oct 2010 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

Hahahahahaha I am a kook, quality sponser shot for slingshot by me ;) in my defence, it's the first ride I have had in over 6 months ;)

yeah it does look surprisingly windy in vicki's photo... It was only about 15 knots, pretty light for typical whyalla conditions ;)

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
21 Oct 2010 11:09AM
Thumbs Up

At least you are getting off the water, i don't think i could even manage that at the moment.

Conditions are looking good for fri and maybe the weekend, good tides for sandbar, so hope everyone is out. Should be good

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2010 Cabrinha bar upgrade?" started by Big eeeZeee