Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2010 Liquid Force Gear

Created by SurfConnect > 9 months ago, 13 Jul 2009
SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
13 Jul 2009 9:51AM
Thumbs Up

All distributors should now have 2010 kites in store for testing. Brisbane testing today and tomorrow (Mon/Tues 13/14 July 2009). Contact us for location/times.

This year we see 2 new models introduced in the Liquid Force range: the ENVY, a Delta hybrid SLE design, and the LAUNCH, specifically designed for schools. Top seller HAVOC and HIFI COMP are still in the range, with even better improvements.

2010 clothing range are all in stores too. Really cool designs: hoodies for guys and girls, flashy tees and boardshorts. Top quality as always. Be the first to get them!

lutchi
5 posts
14 Jul 2009 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

pics ?? any ??

Shane71
QLD, 50 posts
15 Jul 2009 8:32AM
Thumbs Up

Yeh Padi. Pics??? Seeing as I have a job and couldn't make it to Wello to have a look at the new kites. Ben has told me that the new Havoc is brilliant, turns faster than the previous models, still has plenty of grunt and the colour was teal and white.

I want, I want, I want....... (while stomping my feet like a 6 year old.)

murf
SA, 477 posts
15 Jul 2009 8:24AM
Thumbs Up

Just got the new Hi-Fi comp and the Envy delivered yesterday. The kites are really nicely built and look awesome. The bar has also changed, LF has stepped it up again this year.

tommyb
QLD, 103 posts
15 Jul 2009 2:03PM
Thumbs Up

I had a go of the Envy the other day at wello, it was insane. So fast and so stable. It is great for unhooking and would be good for riding in the waves. The graphics look awsome on it aswell. The bar setup has changed completly as well and it looks great. I would defs recommend this kite.

I can not wait to try the new havoc and Hifi comp aswell.

All i need is some wind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
15 Jul 2009 2:53PM
Thumbs Up

Ok - the long awaited for pics & first reviews can be found at link on our front page: www.surfconnect.com.

Been out 2 days in a roll with them, testing them had more priority than writing reviews and loading pics soz Photoshoot this weekend. Hope there is wind!

kozz
QLD, 11 posts
15 Jul 2009 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

Pics look awesome Padi. Can't wait to try the range.

Shane71
QLD, 50 posts
15 Jul 2009 7:39PM
Thumbs Up

I want, I want, I want...........

12m Havoc I do declare will be on my shopping list for this year. Hope to catch you this weekend or the next Padi so I can have a go on the Havoc if you still have it. Do they have new harnesses as well?

Cheers

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
15 Jul 2009 11:28PM
Thumbs Up

Dont worry, Im not letting go my Havoc and Envy ;) Got 2 orders already today from guys just going by the pics - 'I WANT I WANT I WANT' they all said too lol.

New harnesses not out yet but wont be long.

Shane71 said...

I want, I want, I want...........

12m Havoc I do declare will be on my shopping list for this year. Hope to catch you this weekend or the next Padi so I can have a go on the Havoc if you still have it. Do they have new harnesses as well?

Cheers

Shane71
QLD, 50 posts
18 Jul 2009 10:55AM
Thumbs Up

Well I hope to be down next weekend, so I hope there is going to be some wind. Will chat to you anyway Padi so can organise to have a go on the demo kite.

When is stock actually available for the new season kites?

Cheers

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
18 Jul 2009 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

Retail stock should be in all stores 3rd week in August!

Just received review email from one of our team riders Ben who tested out the kites this week:

12m Envy
This kite has an instant wow factor! The graphics on the kite are detailed and eye catchy, and with only 3 struts its a head turner. Once its flying, in the first ten metres of travel you will be pleased; but once this thing gets going, hold on and enjoy the ride. It keeps picking up speed and will carry you through those luls. It enjoys sitting closer to the water than other kites which is where it makes most of its power. In boosts it is predictable, stable and picks you up no problem. It turns much like the Hi-Fi Comp and has the lift of the Havoc; so if you want the best of both worlds this is the kite for you.

11m Hi-Fi Comp
A true wake-style kite with snappy, pin point turning that will stay put in the sky when you want it to. Perfect amount of smooth bar pressure with the new style bar. The 2010 design is a more pronounced C shape with wider wingtips than the 09 model.

12m Havoc
The new 2010 Havoc has all the low end grunt you would ever want. Much faster turning than last years model thanks to the removed centre strut and thanks to the new design, it wont fall out of the sky when it is above you. The new colour scheme is a nice updated touch, very classy.

lutchi
5 posts
23 Jul 2009 12:09AM
Thumbs Up

More news ?
more pics ?
more feedback :D ??

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
23 Jul 2009 9:27AM
Thumbs Up

LF gear always looks so pimped. nice, cant wait to try.

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
23 Jul 2009 10:16AM
Thumbs Up

I have around 800 pics from our photoshoot yesterday. As soon as they are sorted I'll post at our site www.surfconnect.com. Here's one for taster.

Updated reviews have also been posted at our site. Scoring top marks from everyone who has tried the kites to date.

lutchi said...

More news ?
more pics ?

Postman Pat
WA, 28 posts
23 Jul 2009 6:57PM
Thumbs Up

Check them out! Lookin really good this year - Can't wait to try the Envy!
Here's the pics to save people searching...

Shane71
QLD, 50 posts
26 Jul 2009 12:36AM
Thumbs Up

Well here goes. Had a brilliant day today down at Sandgate, Padi brought the demo kites and I had a ball.

First up was the 12m Havoc, now I have been using Havoc's for the last 2 years and have always been impressed with their grunt and stability. The first thing that I noticed was the addition of the one way valve on the inflation point, this was something new for me and a welcome addition to the kite. I played for about 2 hours with this kite, all I can say is that they have done some excellent work developing an already strong kite. As Padi said, it now turns on a dime, it still pullls like a truck as well. One thing I noticed was water relaunch is now so easy, I was expecting to have to work it a little as the winds were only 14knts, but it just popped straight out and up, quite amazing.

So I stopped and had lunch and Padi says try the Envy, so pumped it up, setup and launched. Now hold on....

WOW....

This kite is amazing, instant pop out of the water and it is like a bullet, sits low and just gets faster, then work it a bit and oh my hold onto your pants this thing flies. Turns so quick and instant power again, it has that much acceleration that I actually popped out from the water on a relaunch and was off like a shot, relaunch was a breeze as well. I actually found the Envy to be a little more stable than the Havoc, it is slightly deeper as the Havoc has been narrowed down a bit this year and I feel that this probably is the reason for the stability difference, not that the Havoc was an issue.

I was adamant that I was going to get a new Havoc this year, but no way am I doing that now, the Envy will be mine. And now I know why they call it the "Envy", because others will be envious of you if you have one. I hope they have one in green for me. :)

Go and see your local LF dealer and ask them to have a go on the Envy, you wont be disappointed.

Cheers, and go fly a kite. :)

lavaguedu13
4 posts
28 Jul 2009 4:15AM
Thumbs Up

The Envy looks sick !!!

Is it avalailable ? do you know the size ?

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
28 Jul 2009 9:31AM
Thumbs Up

Prices and sizes below. Stock is scheduled to arrive Australia 3rd week in August. With the strong A$ against the US$ I do not believe there will be much of an increase in price in 2010.

LIQUID FORCE 2010 RRP
Envy 2010 with bar/lines US$
4m2 $1,299
6m2 $1,399
8m2 $1,449
10m2 $1,499
12m2 $1,549
15m2 $1,599
(Oz price to be announced) @

LIQUID FORCE 2010 HAVOCS RRP
All kites come withh bar/lines US$
6m2 $1,199
8m2 $1,399
10m2 $1,499
12m2 $1,599
14m2 $1,699
16m2 $1,799

LIQUID FORCE 2010 RRP
HiFi Comp 2010 with bar/lines US$
5m2 $1,299
7m2 $1,399
9m2 $1,449
11m2 $1,499
13m2 $1,549
15m2 $1,599

lavaguedu13 said...

The Envy looks sick !!!

Is it avalailable ? do you know the size ?

blue ice
33 posts
5 Aug 2009 3:12AM
Thumbs Up

SurfConnect said...

I have around 800 pics from our photoshoot yesterday. As soon as they are sorted I'll post at our site www.surfconnect.com. Here's one for taster.

Updated reviews have also been posted at our site. Scoring top marks from everyone who has tried the kites to date.

lutchi said...

More news ?
more pics ?

Hi bud, can u post a link of all these 800 pics plz :-)

Shane71
QLD, 50 posts
8 Aug 2009 10:29PM
Thumbs Up

Hi all, had another good day out on the water. I came across the following images of the Liquid Force lineup for 2010. Have resized and cleaned them up so they are not silly in size.

Firstly my favourite - the new offering from LF this year - the Envy, and I am really disappointed as it does not come in green.

Next is the Havoc, still a very good kite.

The HiFi, have not tried so can not comment

Comp and then Luxury harness in that order, I do like the blue version of the comp harness. As I need a new harness this year I am liking the looks of this.

Now wait for the boards, the graphics are awesome. I love the looks of the Influence, but as with boards will have to try before I buy. Learnt that lesson with the kites as I was convinced I would be buying the Havoc but it will be the Envy for me.

I will say that I am only posting what I have found, these were from a German site so the offering from LiquidForce for us may be different but I hope not as it is looking good.

Cheers all.

lutchi
5 posts
9 Aug 2009 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

Liquid Force Bar 2010 Demo Video

Jamie R
QLD, 4 posts
12 Aug 2009 11:16AM
Thumbs Up

Is there any news on the liquid force snowboards yet???

chaix
1 posts
14 Aug 2009 5:05AM
Thumbs Up

I can't try before I buy, so can someone explain the difference in performance from the Envy vs the Havoc. Been riding the 2008 Havoc for a couple of years, I do several unhooked tricks and I'm starting to learn kiteloops. Which do you thing would be better for my level. I haven't considered the HiFi but it seems it is more recommended for kiteloops but it seems less forgiving.
Thanks

fozzy
SA, 501 posts
14 Aug 2009 7:47AM
Thumbs Up

There isn't a HiFi in 2010 just a HiFi Comp. Not sure what you mean when you say less forgiving. I ride the Comps and if you want to run your leash off the depower line you won't get spanked if you egg it. In fact in the 010 gear you can run straight off the 5th line for complete depower. I ride suicide and find that this is plenty. The Comps have that much tuning ability that if KL's are your thing then you can set it accordingly to turn very quick, and alternatively slow them right down for wakestyle.

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
14 Aug 2009 11:04AM
Thumbs Up

The Envy turns faster, rides faster and jumps higher. The Havoc has more lower grunt, has more float, and a bit more stable than the Envy. For wakestyle riding you may like the Havoc better as it gives you more stability but for freestyle riding the Envy will be heaps fun. Best try both yourself and see which one you prefer.

The Hifi has the least grunt of the 3 but turns very responsively. It has been the top choice for wakestyle riders in 2008/09. But I think the Envy is a very strong contender this year. If you have been riding the Havoc, I would stick with a 4 line kite (Havoc or Envy). One more line, one more worry. Both Havoc & Envy this year has an additional bungy line from the centre line to the chicken loop in the CPR control system. Works very similar to the HiFi 5th line system, except it is hooked onto one of the front lines, giving you 100% depower. Relaunches easy as, easier than 5 lines kites IMO.

chaix said...

I can't try before I buy, so can someone explain the difference in performance from the Envy vs the Havoc. Been riding the 2008 Havoc for a couple of years, I do several unhooked tricks and I'm starting to learn kiteloops. Which do you thing would be better for my level. I haven't considered the HiFi but it seems it is more recommended for kiteloops but it seems less forgiving.
Thanks

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
14 Aug 2009 11:05AM
Thumbs Up

Yeap, it should be arriving in Oz in October, and it's called the Alliance Kite Snowboard, set to retail here at A$769. Just received the Kite Skate.

Price list for the complete LF 2010 gear is listed at www.surfconnect.com.

Jamie R said...

Is there any news on the liquid force snowboards yet???

kozz
QLD, 11 posts
14 Aug 2009 12:31PM
Thumbs Up

How does the kite skate look Padi?

Have you got any photos?

Postman Pat
WA, 28 posts
14 Aug 2009 4:58PM
Thumbs Up

$1350 for a board!!! Even the big brands like Cabrinha/Slingshot etc are only around $1000..

and $320 for their Comp harness - they look sick but will they be better than a Warrior 2?

Kite skate's properly priced though - and has the pedigree to be an awesome board...

Can't wait to ride them and see where all that extra cash is gonna go this year

tommyb
QLD, 103 posts
17 Aug 2009 1:06AM
Thumbs Up

gear looks insane, can not wait to give them all ago

FLKiteboardR
23 posts
20 Aug 2009 12:33PM
Thumbs Up

Liquid Force 2010 Centerline Push Release (CPR) Control Bar explained in detail.

Marc

insener
4 posts
20 Aug 2009 6:36PM
Thumbs Up

Still couldn't understand from video/pics, is there any swivel on the bar?
Marc, could you comment this?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2010 Liquid Force Gear" started by SurfConnect