Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2010 Ozone Catalyst, 6m

Created by gruezi > 9 months ago, 2 Dec 2010
gruezi
WA, 3464 posts
2 Dec 2010 6:38PM
Thumbs Up

Old fat fart.

4hrs in 20-30. Nice kite: not much flutter in turns, smooth and fast, bar pressure mediun, bar and kite design excellent and progressive. Simple good kite. Have not crashed it yet so no comment on relaunch or safety.

I love little kites, hardly any pumping and with only 3 strut so easy to pack away, I love the condom bag.....the French think of everything...bien fait!

tobes
NSW, 1000 posts
3 Dec 2010 11:00AM
Thumbs Up

I just got one of these little babies too. The wind isn't cooperating over this side though, so it hasn't come out of the bag yet.
Speaking of which, I don't know what you mean about the french, that stuff was designed by kiwi's and poms and built in vietnam.

KiteDevil
TAS, 778 posts
6 Dec 2010 9:18PM
Thumbs Up

I am loving this kite. It's working for me on the surfboard in anything over 20knots.
Such a whippy powerful thing it's a surprise to ride. Even ordered the 4m after the other day.

I've stacked it hard, had it eaten and it's come out alive and relaunched fine. I haven't been able to get the bridle wrapped around it, like you do with some other long bridled kites, so I feel comfortable riding it anywhere, like a long way out to sea on a mega tack when it's cross off.

It was peaking this day in the high 30's with big holes and gnarly gusts. The stability is exceptional in ordinary conditions.
Just thought I'd share, good kite, built well, shove it in the boot, leave it, pull it out, use it, no worries.

Here's a photo of my ugly head

Nath
WA, 113 posts
6 Dec 2010 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

My favorite kiting memories at the moment are also from a session on this kite. It was up north on a 4m swell and about 25knots. The waves were seemingly endless barreling monsters crashing on shallow reef. The ride was a 'balls to the wall' freight train with step downs. Shared only with one mate on the 2011 version of the same kite. No photos out of respect to the locals but the most amazing memories with a great little kite. Might be time for another road trip!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2010 Ozone Catalyst, 6m" started by gruezi