rogierbrand
6 posts
29 Mar 2011 5:37AM
Thumbs Up

Rider: 75kg,Level (intermediate)
Style: Freeriding, Surf
Weather: 20-25 knots
Build Quality: ?/10.....
Satisfaction: ?/10...... My confidence has taken a serious nose dive today!!!

For Google search: WAINMAN + DISAPOINTMENT

My Comments:
Today a friend who I have recommended WM kites has had a line slipping out of the bar AGAIN!! The same happened on his BOSS a month or two ago and now this happened on his SMOKE! Both kites were used <10 times!!! First time he barely managed to keep it out of a tree after the line gave way. Today he spent over an hour in the water!!
Last time WM sent him a new line (or two) and suggested he put them on the bar himself.. He did and it worked. However, he was not amused and has other things to do than patching up a 1600USD brand new kite!
He will buy an Airrush bar tomorrow, as he has heard good feedback on these.
Hopefully WM will take their responsibility this time and not send him another "home work" kit!!!

NickT
WA, 1094 posts
29 Mar 2011 2:19PM
Thumbs Up

How long before that washer cuts through the line? or is that a backup plan?

30 Mar 2011 9:04AM
Thumbs Up

How about just make the knot bigger, use a fig 8 knot with an extra twist, that won't pull through and it would take less than a minute to fix.

monte
VIC, 23 posts
2 Apr 2011 12:52AM
Thumbs Up

ive used wainmans for a few years, so have quite a few mates. Never had a problem or heard of anyone having a problem with them. Seems your more worried about putting them down than finding a solution. Relax..go for a kite or somthing
Hopefully no one is put off buying one from your rant.

RPM
WA, 1549 posts
3 Apr 2011 11:03AM
Thumbs Up

a tradesman always blames his tools.

I have rode wainman's for a while.. Never had any dramas like you are carrying on about...

NickT
WA, 1094 posts
3 Apr 2011 3:34PM
Thumbs Up

Tradesmen don't blame their tools, they blame the apprentice

monte
VIC, 23 posts
4 Apr 2011 4:49PM
Thumbs Up

haha. the saying is ' A good tradesman NEVER Blames his tools'
anyway...I get the drift

coastalkombi
VIC, 93 posts
19 Apr 2011 5:04PM
Thumbs Up

me thinks it took longer to take the pics load them, vent you spleen think of what to say than getting on with it .I agree not a good thing to have happened but does a porsche come with a warranty . Me think yes! Ponder that .

like monty been on them for years and love them . talk with stonker in torquay hes always up to help some one

ps didnt notice you are os

iRideWainman
VIC, 219 posts
26 Apr 2011 11:06PM
Thumbs Up

This happened to me also on my 7m Gypsy (27+ knots). People are amazed to hear that the line can slip through whilst knotted. Alex from Stonker sent me a replacement washer which I secured in place with an 8 knot (as suggested by Wainman Hawaii). Nice to know I'm not the only person who has experienced issues...

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2010 Wainman BOSS & SMOKE - BAR ISSUE AGAIN!!! :(" started by rogierbrand