19 Mar 2011 5:10PM
Thumbs Up

When are these coming out?

Has anyone tried one yet?

Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
19 Mar 2011 7:04PM
Thumbs Up

Demos due in Australia next week, stock due start of April. If you are interested in a demo then PM me as there are not enough to get to all dealers.

Joe

benchy
QLD, 60 posts
2 Apr 2011 6:23PM
Thumbs Up

Arsa, have you taken your demo out yet??
Is there a vid of the nemi v3?

Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
3 Apr 2011 5:18PM
Thumbs Up

Passing through customs, should have early this week. Cant wait.

Joe

zondi
QLD, 34 posts
8 Apr 2011 11:33AM
Thumbs Up

benchy
QLD, 60 posts
30 Apr 2011 6:04PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Joe

Is the nemesis out yet? Have you tried it etc?

easto
116 posts
30 Apr 2011 5:13PM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys...Ive tried the new 14m Nemi at the Nats in Alva only in very light winds.
I'm happy to announce it's gone back to the 09 shape but refined and its that stable in light winds its not funny.Had it tuned perfect and just kept truckn and smooth when unhooked,turns super quick without luff and im sure Best have got the Nemi sorted this year.
Can't wait to try a smaller one in higher winds.Feels like a Jumping machine and will be a good all round kite this year.

Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
4 May 2011 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

benchy said...

Hey Joe

Is the nemesis out yet? Have you tried it etc?

Hey Benchy,

I have tried all sizes now and very happy with what they have released. The Nem HP V3 will be an 18month long programme meaning they wont be releasing a new one in September.

The new V3 is similar to the 2009 Nemesis, basically returned back to a slightly higher aspect, big jumping kite that was a buzz in 2008/09. The impressive characteristic of this kite is it's speed. Not turning speed, but its ability to produce great board speed. The kite presses nicely to the edge of the window allowing great up wind ability at high speeds. Unreal on a race board and for powered riding in general. This type of speedy performance is created because of the small diameter LE which can be achieved because of the use of the Cuben Fibre material in the LE, creating less LE drag. The kite has twister tech in the LE also, which allows the turning speed of the kite to be increased.

Overall I am very happy and excited that we have this style of kite back in the Best range, as the Nemesis NXG from last year was very "C" style Freestyle oriented. This kite would be ideal for:

-Massive jumps
-Racing
-Powered Loops
-Powered wakestyle

Not ideal for high end Freestyle or wave riding, but depends on the rider.

If you are interested in a demo then please contact your closest Best dealer.

Joe

Pemba
18 posts
18 May 2011 12:13AM
Thumbs Up

I have a nemesis NXG and a lot of what is said above about the new HP I would have thought is also true about the NXG (high jumps, powered loops, powered wakestyle, thin leading edge with cuben fibre). So what's different ? All of the above applies to both, just more so/better on the new HP (they are both called nemesis after all)? Or am I wrong ?

Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
18 May 2011 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

The Nemesis NXG was designed as a "C" style sle. The NXG is a mid aspect kite which was released to follow the high end freestyle movement which happened in 2008/2009 when sle kites became an option over the genuine "C" for freestyle competitors. The NXG in 2010 was criticised by the loyal Nemesis followers from 2008/2009 for losing its traditional high jumps, and hang time.

The new Nemesis HP has been redesigned this year for the boosting and free ride crew which makes up a large percentage of riders globally. The exceptionally well built kite literally has blown people away since our first shipment arrived a few weeks ago.

This year, the nemesis hp has incredible lift, hang time, and powered kite loops. As mentioned previously it has a 2009 nemesis feel with added features and new canopy materials.

This kite will be around for 18 months.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2011 Nemisis HP V3" started by benchy