Thumbs Up

Rider: 85kgs
Style: skimboarding/ unhooked
Weather: 18-25 knots
Build Quality: 9/10
Satisfaction: 10/10
Disclosure: Kite Instructor

My Comments:

I honestly picked up this kite with fairly low expectations but as soon as i got going on the kite i was pleasantly surprized. It was incredibly stable and has a great amount of grunt. It was very quick and smooth through the turns with nice light bar pressure. For 2011 they have made the bar much more durable as well as improving the safety line so it no longer corrodes and breaks. The new bar and lines also has a much simpler clean line set up and does not have many lines separating the safety system above the bunny ears.
Takoon have added a new setting on the leading edge bridals, which gives you a high wind setting and low wind setting. We flew the kite in gusty conditions and it was still very stable and responsive. The Chrono had plenty of power through the turns and was easy to follow downwind. The 2011 Chrono had plenty of upwind ability and was easy to manage. When jumping and doing tricks it was easy to get boost and lift out of this kite. The kite has an easy relaunch and tended to sit on its wingtips. Once in the water, if the kite was downwind while relaunching, we simply let go of the bar and grabbed the outer lines and it came to the edge of the wind window and relaunched with ease.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2011 Takoon Chrono 8m" started by sckitesurf