Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2011 Xenon Laluz 132 Review

Created by Big eeeZeee > 9 months ago, 13 Jan 2011
jofa
WA, 4 posts
25 Apr 2011 7:03AM
Thumbs Up

i'm 70kg & 178cm. Which size should i take 132x40 or 129x39 ??
I prefer shorter board but i'm not sure because rocker is quite big.

ApatheticEnd
WA, 995 posts
25 Apr 2011 9:57AM
Thumbs Up

It really depends on where and how you ride. If you're in Perth you can demo one at Woodys Kite and SUP in Hamilton Hill. It depends on what you've been riding before but there isn't that much rocker in the board. It gets going pretty early.

jofa
WA, 4 posts
25 Apr 2011 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

I write from europe (croatia). Ride mostly flat, some chop - no swell in croatia. I had chance to try 132 2010' model, but not 129. ....Perth is little to far for demo ;)
I own Crazy fly pro line 137x41 for low wind but need smaller board. Last season i was on North Jamie 126 - ridiculously small but i hed a lot of fun on it. Landing was fun to :D
I'm looking for 130 board, but laluz is 129 or 132 so i'm not sure!?
I use Switchblade 12 & 8

CapNRonK
VIC, 19 posts
2 May 2011 10:28PM
Thumbs Up

I got a LaLuz (132) a month or so back....and after logging a few dozen sessions...like many of the riders here, I gotta comment on the board...

I only traded in my old board (134 Nobile 555) I otherwise liked 'cause I was sick of it spraying me in the face so much in choppy conditions. The Laluz not only sprays me in face far less, it's wayyyyyy more fun and responsive. Super nice on the knees! Big ugly landings no worries...I'm so stoked on it, I've even started taking it out in small surf (instead of my directional) cause the super flexy tips seem to want to carve...while the flat middle section seems to make the board head upwind so well...

I found the pads were a little slick and the straps a little stiff at first, but now a month on they're super comfortable....I really only have one complaint on the board. Unlike some of the other peeps in this forum...I think the white color is hard to see...try loosing the board in whitewater! Small complaint, though, for the best twintip I have yet ridden....

likuid
QLD, 330 posts
6 May 2011 7:39PM
Thumbs Up

www.forcesix.com/2011-xenon-laluz-review.html

jofa
WA, 4 posts
10 May 2011 1:57AM
Thumbs Up

CapNRonK said...

I found the pads were a little slick

i agree, pads are slick, an another proplem is for all of us with small foot that pad is to big. i'm using Crazy fly pads. Hope all manufacturers will look up to Crazy fly and start making diferent size of pads and straps. The board itself is amazing. 129x39 works perfect for me.

woodys
WA, 218 posts
10 May 2011 2:24PM
Thumbs Up

The Shinn Boards have optional "Sneakers" - regular size & "Sneakers RS" - for a smaller foot size. They are constructed of 'memory foam' which creates a custom footprint to keep you securely locked in place after a few sessions.
Awesome pads & straps and available for purchase separate from board purchase.
Worth a look.

djdojo
VIC, 1607 posts
10 May 2011 4:56PM
Thumbs Up

the shinn pads look to have the bevelled edge like the 2008-9 nobile pads which were angled perfectly to direct spray into your face. of course not much of an issue if you ride flat water places like woodys, but certainly an issue for others.

my experience of mr shinn's contribution to design at nobile was boards that were awesome in butter and verging on unridable in chop. maybe i should demo a monk to see, but the shapes look pretty similar to his last range with nobile...

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
10 May 2011 9:58PM
Thumbs Up

woodys said...

The Shinn Boards have optional "Sneakers" - regular size & "Sneakers RS" - for a smaller foot size. They are constructed of 'memory foam' which creates a custom footprint to keep you securely locked in place after a few sessions.
Awesome pads & straps and available for purchase separate from board purchase.
Worth a look.

the "sneakers" on current Shinn board are last years Xenon Boards pads! Exactly the same.
I liked them, simple and plain but they wear out after a while.

suface2air
QLD, 701 posts
11 May 2011 10:23AM
Thumbs Up

Still waiting on wave dave's review there has been some wind .

Bigwavedave
QLD, 2057 posts
11 May 2011 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

suface2air said...

Still waiting on wave dave's review there has been some wind .

No wind while I've been at Caloundra. There was some wind while I was away but alas none for me :(

I can review its out of the water features!!

Looks nice

Very light weight

pads and straps are good for my feet (size 9)

Seems flexi

There's some wind coming Sunday hopefullly..........

jas73
QLD, 796 posts
11 May 2011 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

Last years pads where slipery and not really that comfortable but the 2011 pads and straps are a massive improvement. Since getting my board i havent had a single problem keeping my feet in tight. The board is pretty much the same board as last years with the added bonus of decent pads and straps.

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
11 May 2011 10:14PM
Thumbs Up

jas73 said...

Last years pads where slipery and not really that comfortable but the 2011 pads and straps are a massive improvement. Since getting my board i havent had a single problem keeping my feet in tight. The board is pretty much the same board as last years with the added bonus of decent pads and straps.

i agree regarding pads/straps. big improvements in pads compared to 2010. also straps have way more support. pads stick like glue after using them for while. they are cushy but could be a bit harder for my taste for more feedback from board. for heavier guys they will be good tho.

however, the 2011 board bit different to 2011.
2011 is stiffer especially in center, lighter and faster.
smaller fins and rounded edges which makes it turn better. The rest is the same.

RachyB
QLD, 23 posts
23 May 2011 12:25AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Guys

Here is the new review on the laluz from Kiteworld Mag.

I love my laluz

RachyB
QLD, 23 posts
23 May 2011 12:41AM
Thumbs Up

jofa said...

I write from europe (croatia). Ride mostly flat, some chop - no swell in croatia. I had chance to try 132 2010' model, but not 129. ....Perth is little to far for demo ;)
I own Crazy fly pro line 137x41 for low wind but need smaller board. Last season i was on North Jamie 126 - ridiculously small but i hed a lot of fun on it. Landing was fun to :D
I'm looking for 130 board, but laluz is 129 or 132 so i'm not sure!?
I use Switchblade 12 & 8

I am 60 kg and 172 cm tall and I ride the 132 with boots. I also have a 7 and 10 switchblade and ride mostly on flat water, with some chop. If your into freestyle I'd definately recommend the 132 2011 model.

thorn
WA, 172 posts
8 Jun 2011 5:58PM
Thumbs Up

Have been using my 135 Laluz for a while now and really love the way it goes upwind. I have had many boards before but nothing compares to this. Pop is good and the lightness I love. I changed to Cabrinha Synchs which are my preference.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2011 Xenon Laluz 132 Review" started by Big eeeZeee