Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2012 Airush VarialX Race 10M

Created by alex6681 > 9 months ago, 24 Sep 2011
alex6681
NSW, 7 posts
24 Sep 2011 11:24PM
Thumbs Up

If relevent, please fill in this template...(& remove this line)

Rider: advance
Style: Freeriding, Surf, Wake, Freestyle
Weather:12 kts to 20ktsknots
Build Quality: 9/10
Satisfaction: ?910
Disclosure:

My Comments: I am pretty small guy. 60kg and I used a 130 TT. I just got hold of the Airush Varial xRace 10M yesterday. As i have using delta kite Airush Lithum 10m for most of past 2 years, I am just not use to this more c kite design. Very narrow and broad. Mush harder to self launch compare to Lithium. Need may be lot more wind to launch. It need more wind to get going as well compare to Lithium. Generally fully powered at about 15kts. Kite is really stable and fast and very easy to control. Did a few forward and backward loops with kite loops. Kite loop nicely with constant power. Fairly more lift than the Lithium which i find surprising as I do get lots of airtime with Lithium already. Requires more work when wind is gusty and light.. But you could feel the power and harness it easier than Lithium..Definately for advance kiter who is looking to do radical freestyle tricks...

JayP
QLD, 249 posts
28 Sep 2011 3:55PM
Thumbs Up

we talking about the VarialX or the VarialX Race similar name but two very different kites

the race version is much harder to fly than the std version. i have kited for 7 years and had my arse handed to me by the race version. I ride lithiums normally and have no trouble flying varials or vapors or the new varial X.

alex6681
NSW, 7 posts
10 Oct 2011 6:22PM
Thumbs Up

I have been using Lithium for couple of years as well. Find no problem flying the kite except for self launch and water start. I really struggle with it though the wind was quite light at about 12 kts. Perhaps it will be easier at stronger wind.

Schmidy
WA, 47 posts
22 Nov 2011 3:47PM
Thumbs Up

The VXR is a machine going upwind especially in lightwinds!! Its very high aspect and specific so if intense speed, pointing higher upwind than anyone else or having the biggest boost of your life isn't in your cards, you might want to consider the Lithium LW as a freeride lightwind kite.

Note: this isn't my video. US rider taking it for a spin.

JayP
QLD, 249 posts
23 Nov 2011 11:13AM
Thumbs Up

With a few sessions under my belt now. Having a blast with the 17M VXR. Pics from a light wind session 8-12 knots riding a sector 52.

plenty of power in the kite. one power stroke to go and park the kite.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2012 Airush VarialX Race 10M" started by alex6681