Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
21 Sep 2011 10:55PM
Thumbs Up

/images/misc/forum-image-missing.gif

Rider: Weight- 100kg, Level (advanced)
Style: Freeriding, Surf, Wake, Freestyle

Disclosure: Best Rep / Shop owner

My Comments: Hey guys, the new TS info is now available on the Best website at www.bestkiteboarding.com/TS

Just wanted to share some info regarding the new TS for 2012. I have been testing the TS for the last 4 weeks (15m, 10m, 8m) and have noticed some obvious improvements from its predecessor the Taboo from last season.

Noticeable improvements have been made on the TS's bottom end allowing this kite now to have a massive wind range. This is a kite that pretty much you can do anything with and is the ideal performance driven freeride kite in the lineup. The graphics and colors look sick also.

Ill post more comments when I get time, hopefully you can get a chance at your local dealer to try one out for this season, along with the other kites the GP, Kahoona V4 and Nemesis HP V3. Release dates for Australia is sometime in October.

Joe Millen

pumpnjump
WA, 259 posts
26 Sep 2011 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Joe, how long till we see the TS here in WA, crew frothing to get a go on it, the 8m was THE wave kite for those in the know in 2011! I'm excited:-)

Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
27 Sep 2011 9:08AM
Thumbs Up

Posting the 8mtr today for you. enjoy

reverse777
WA, 48 posts
27 Sep 2011 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

What about the latest Redline Perfomance bar.

Have you guys used it as yet and when will it be available ?

eppo
WA, 9505 posts
27 Sep 2011 10:36AM
Thumbs Up

let's hope its better than the last one!!

Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
27 Sep 2011 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

eppo said...

let's hope its better than the last one!!

Improved as requested!

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kitesurfing/Review/Best-Redline-performance-bar-2012/

eppo
WA, 9505 posts
27 Sep 2011 6:55PM
Thumbs Up

So the depower doesn't wear after two months of kiting and the actual swivel mechanism keeps swiveling after a week without havin to commit hari kari to turn it!

Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
28 Sep 2011 9:03AM
Thumbs Up

As mentioned, this is a completely redesigned bar. For the few bars we had issues with in previous years they were all warranted under Best's fair and reasonable warranty policy.

jumarcil
33 posts
1 Oct 2011 9:51PM
Thumbs Up

I am thinking of adding the 10m TS to my quiver of 8, 12 and 15 Taboo.

I cant wait to try it. heard it has more low end and also it is has more boost and lift for jumps. I think it is slower though.

Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
6 Oct 2011 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

The TS this year has improved. Be sure to demo the 10mtr to get an idea as to where it fits in your line up. I'm thinking the 10 will be too close to the 12 Taboo. Sell the 12 Taboo and stick with the 10TS.

Obviously one demo will answer the question.

jumarcil
33 posts
10 Oct 2011 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

arsa said...

The TS this year has improved. Be sure to demo the 10mtr to get an idea as to where it fits in your line up. I'm thinking the 10 will be too close to the 12 Taboo. Sell the 12 Taboo and stick with the 10TS.

Ok so what do you think;
I own an 8m, 12m and 15m taboo; I would sell my 12m to get a 10 m TS.

that would make a quiver :

8m taboo : 20 to 40 knots
10 M TS : 15 to 28 Knots
15m taboo : 10 to 22 knots

Good or the gap between the 10 and 15 Too much ???

thanks
Jules

woodys
WA, 218 posts
22 Oct 2011 1:01AM
Thumbs Up

Looking like our first demo weekend of the Best gear will be happening the first weekend in Nov at a variety of metro beaches in Perth.
Keep an eye on the forum 'events' for definite advice or PM or ring for personal invite with full details.

birxi86
WA, 6 posts
10 Nov 2011 7:27PM
Thumbs Up

Hi there!

here is another nice review of the TS!
kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2372694
Check it out!

hardhat
QLD, 44 posts
11 Nov 2011 8:42PM
Thumbs Up

Hope best have addressed some of the quality problems the 2010 kites had.

Chris_M
2129 posts
11 Nov 2011 7:43PM
Thumbs Up

Why don't they have plastic sleeving over the centre rope? Have seen too many guys need a rescue after the wear and tear of moving the bar has caused it to weaken and snap. Should be covered e.g Cab and Ozone (and whoever else has them covered).

dave......
WA, 2119 posts
11 Nov 2011 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

hardhat said...

Hope best have addressed some of the quality problems the 2010 kites had.

The 2011 range were vastly improved, have a look at the build quality of the Taboo, or Kahoona V3 (havent seen the V4 yet). I dont know what you are referring to specifically, but my biggest issue with the 2010 was the valve holes. The taboo had a new 1 pump system and the others reinforced the holes on other models.

hardhat
QLD, 44 posts
12 Nov 2011 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

2 sessions in the last 3 tries crapped out due valves falling off and not being able to pump up.Have also done the long walk due center rope failure. Very cheap waroo 11m ( 2 cartons) if anyone wants it.

Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
12 Nov 2011 8:48PM
Thumbs Up

Hi hardhat, have you let you local shop know about the valve issue. It would be a warranty problem I would expect.

reverse777
WA, 48 posts
12 Nov 2011 10:23PM
Thumbs Up

Delaminating valves.

http://forum.bestkiteboarding.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11371

Keep an eye on your Depower lines, as sooner or later if you kite a lot with the same bar they will need to be replaced.

The new 2012 redline performance bar Best have replaced the inner ring on the bar so there is less wear and tear on the depower lines.

After the 2010 Waroos , the kites changed a lot for the better especially the quality. I know I had the 9 & 11mt.

Best have a large R & D team nowdays and there warranty is one of the best around.

Just go onto the Best Website Forum and you can speak direct with any product issues.

Tommy123
QLD, 138 posts
13 Nov 2011 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

I found the quality of the 2011 taboo kite to b pretty good my kites took a pounding and kept bouncing back. The redline bar was crap the swivel is a dud and i went through 3 centrelines in less than a year but the performance is 2nd to none there the best kites ive ever flown

reverse u mentioned there warranty is one of the best around i disagree

pumpnjump
WA, 259 posts
13 Nov 2011 9:11PM
Thumbs Up

Valves falling off? they are ultrasonically welded, they don't just fall off unless some thing has gone seriously wrong, Best were one of the first to develop this for bladders, others still use glue and that does fail especially in the heat, that would be a warranty issue, centre line (depower rope) failing, if this gives way during a session only one person to blame and thats the rider, check your gear.

hardhat
QLD, 44 posts
14 Nov 2011 8:06PM
Thumbs Up

So no one will give me 2 cartons of piss for a 2010 kite? They might have used a fricken laser for all i know, they fall off.

jumarcil
33 posts
15 Nov 2011 3:24AM
Thumbs Up

arsa said...

Got my 10m TS and I really love it. They have really improved the low end. The kite also has a lot more lift when jumping. Bar pressure has raised but not enough to be an issue. Really stable through the gusts.

I don't think I will have very much use for my 12m Taboo as they will have pretty much the same range.

I also had the chance to demo the 9.5 Kahoona this week-end and I did like it very much. Still I prefer the TS. Faster and has a more direct steering.

All in all two very good kites. The new bar is also a good upgrade. The bar ends allow to keep the lines from falling when you are finish your session. The new insert should also be more gentle on depower ropes.

The quality seems top notch and the graphics are great. The ts looks stunning. I have the Khaki one :-)

Jules

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
15 Nov 2011 2:12PM
Thumbs Up

the quality of the kites is right on par with my old airush kites.
I got the GP and from my observations I think it would be equally as strong as the razor which i punished last year and is still in top form.

That teflon insert on the bars should reduce line wear substantially, but as mentioned above if you don't inspect or maintain your gear don't be surprised if you get a failure.

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
16 Nov 2011 12:16PM
Thumbs Up

Best Demo Days coming to town 24th 25th 26th NOV- check the kitesurfing news here on Seabreeze or go to www.woodyskitesurfsup.com.au
All 2012 kites and a range of boards.

birxi86
WA, 6 posts
22 Nov 2011 5:23AM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys!
Found a nice video review of the TS by Emerald Coast Kiteboarding. Check it out

jumarcil
33 posts
22 Nov 2011 12:36PM
Thumbs Up

9m TS; gives a nice preview of the kite.
Check at 42 second ; it downloops pretty fast.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2012 Best TS" started by Adrenalin Rush