Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2012 North Rebels advice

Created by mitch88 > 9 months ago, 23 Dec 2011
Beanz
WA, 75 posts
9 Feb 2012 2:32AM
Thumbs Up

I am 73kg and have a 9m - anything less than 15knots needs more - I m looking to get a 12 for this purpose.

This is in line with the product manual as per AKS post.

Mask
WA, 293 posts
9 Feb 2012 12:10PM
Thumbs Up

Mask said...

For the price of one rebel, you can get 2 BWSs giving you a much bigger range. Dont be fooled by "putting as much money as you can in the air". PImps will want u to spend as much as they can get out of you on their kites.

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
9 Feb 2012 3:14PM
Thumbs Up

Mask said...

Mask said...

For the price of one rebel, you can get 2 BWSs giving you a much bigger range. Dont be fooled by "putting as much money as you can in the air". PImps will want u to spend as much as they can get out of you on their kites.

Quoting yourself? Thats impressive

Do you actually work for BWS?

Mask
WA, 293 posts
9 Feb 2012 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

Saffer said...

Mask said...

Mask said...

Nope, you work for North?

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
9 Feb 2012 3:33PM
Thumbs Up

Mask said...

Saffer said...

Mask said...

Mask said...

Nope. But at least I reply to topics related to North rather than hunting down BWS only topics to justify my own purchase. The only BWS topic I replied to was a question on BWS AND North.

Mask
WA, 293 posts
9 Feb 2012 12:49PM
Thumbs Up

Saffer said...

Mask said...

Saffer said...

Mask said...

Mask said...

Nope. But at least I reply to topics related to North rather than hunting down BWS only topics to justify my own purchase. The only BWS topic I replied to was a question on BWS AND North.

So this thread is a BWS only topic?

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
9 Feb 2012 4:50PM
Thumbs Up

Mask said...

So this thread is a BWS only topic?

You need to learn to read. I said "at least I (as in me, not you) don't chase down BWS only topics". I didn't say this was a BWS only topic.

See original post

mitch88 said...

Hey guys.

Looking at getting north rebels and rode an 11m today and loved it. (wind was light though so couldnt test the top end on it)
im replacing my 2011 slingshot rally's (12m and a 10m) which has been a really good quiver for me.

1st ill replace the 12 than ill replace the 10 but i cant decide on what rebel will replace my 12m rally (im sure the 8 rebel will replace the 10 but was told the 7 would be the go)

Im tossing up between a 10 or an 11. i can hold my 12 rally up to 25 knots than i start thinking about getting the 10. Can you use the wind ranges off the north website for a good idea or are they a rough idea?

i ride with a TT and weigh about 77kgs.

Any help would be great.
Thanks Mitch

Mask
WA, 293 posts
9 Feb 2012 2:03PM
Thumbs Up

So, you mean, me, not you , as in me?

eppo
WA, 9487 posts
9 Feb 2012 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

Oh it's you again Mask, stiring up Sh!t. Like ya style, LOL

eppo
WA, 9487 posts
9 Feb 2012 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

From Mask

For the price of a Kia you could get 20 or so ferraris's.

Mask
WA, 293 posts
9 Feb 2012 9:36PM
Thumbs Up

eppo said...

From Mask

For the price of a Kia you could get 20 or so ferraris's.

Did you mean for the price of a ferrari you can get 20 or so Kias.

More like for the price of a ferrari, you could get 2 ferraris, in this instance.

stoff
WA, 246 posts
9 Feb 2012 10:30PM
Thumbs Up

Can you guys take your lovers tiff to fagbook or somewhere else! Its seriously way beyond a joke.

eppo
WA, 9487 posts
10 Feb 2012 10:30PM
Thumbs Up

eppo said...

From Mask

For the price of a Kia you could get 20 or so ferraris's. Hey stoff grab a sense of humor, don't like it don't read it. Don't have a fagbook account do you??

Ha ha ha yeh I farqed up.

NoBS
WA, 908 posts
10 Feb 2012 10:47PM
Thumbs Up

pontze scheme or pyramid selling is farked up!!!

GSS
WA, 75 posts
13 Feb 2012 2:14PM
Thumbs Up

I fly Rebel 9m & 6m as have done for the past couple of years (on directional board) and have really been thinking I will go 4m difference next year so 10m & 6m. Hope this helps.

eppo
WA, 9487 posts
13 Feb 2012 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

Funny I have been thinking the same. 12 and 8m or 11 and 7. Even the 11m and 8m have a lot of overlap as I can take the 11 m nearly to its wind range limit and yet the 8 m flies a little mad near its limit or maybe I'm spoilt with the smoothness I get normally. The grunt of the smaller kite gives it a lot of overlap. Let me know how it goes with this combo.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2012 North Rebels advice" started by mitch88