Created by pgc > 9 months ago, 16 Jul 2013
Drewm
VIC, 159 posts
27 Jul 2013 11:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AKSonline said..

Hi Guys,

Seriously, you guys need to stop hypothesizing and postulating on what it may or may not be. North dealers around the country have had demo's in stock for weeks now. There is little you can tell about the performance of a kite by photographs alone regardless of its shape or dimensions. So far from all the comments on this thread, there has not been a single first hand review, the closest being pgc's Dad.

The Vegas is a average wave kite in my opinion, but the Dice which looks extremely close to the Vegas, has amazing surf performance. The two kites are completely different in flight characteristics. Opinions from people who have not ridden the kite are worthless.

I suggest you try one, and then write a review which offers some value to the readers!

DM

Darren. you read my mind!!

stone2000
7 posts
28 Jul 2013 4:13PM
Thumbs Up

Darren,

Fully agree

JerryKite
1 posts
2 Aug 2013 4:18PM
Thumbs Up

hey guys! anyone know how Dice is or could be for unhooked tricks - passes? I love Vegas for that - I have so much control over the kite while unhooking, I used Evos before and it sucked. So I wonder its more like Vegas or like Evo?

AKSonline
WA, 925 posts
Site Sponsor
2 Aug 2013 4:24PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Jerry,

It is much more like a Vegas. The Evo sits too far back in the wind window and pulls a bit strong for unhooked tricks. The Dice is much smoother and flies like a Vegas but is much easier to steer and control. Best suited to waves, but also good to unhook, loop and freestyle.

DM

eppo
WA, 9479 posts
2 Aug 2013 8:51PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone really given this kite a good shake and can write something of substance?

diamond2001
WA, 436 posts
2 Aug 2013 10:47PM
Thumbs Up

could be a bit of wave and mega loop action on thursday..Ill have a go!

WA Surf
WA, 334 posts
2 Aug 2013 11:02PM
Thumbs Up

We've had plenty of people take our 9m for a spin over the past month so hopefully someone will see this thread and let you know their thoughts.

Eppo, we've now got a 7, 9 & 12 for demo so no excuses! Let us know if you want to take one for a spin and we can meet you at the beach. I'm sure Darren would have some as well.

Drew

eppo
WA, 9479 posts
2 Aug 2013 11:34PM
Thumbs Up

Drew I tried to call you four times today!

My bro is up your way tomoz morning. Lend your dice to me for a few days and I will write a review worth reading. Promise.

He's up your way tomoz morning so if you get this email me ...if you so choose of course.

Ps I also 4 other riders down here who want to give it a try.

juicerider
WA, 790 posts
3 Aug 2013 1:11AM
Thumbs Up

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE will someone give eppo a dice already.

Paul1
QLD, 1011 posts
3 Aug 2013 9:16AM
Thumbs Up

A review comparing it the the Drifter and Reo would be perfect....

eppo
WA, 9479 posts
3 Aug 2013 7:55AM
Thumbs Up

Well I can ride it back to back with only a REO sorry

Paul1
QLD, 1011 posts
3 Aug 2013 10:14AM
Thumbs Up

That would be excellent Eppo, I know the differences between the 2013 Reo and Drifter so depends how much they have changed, if at all, for 2014.

Spark
WA, 208 posts
3 Aug 2013 8:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eppo said..

Well I can ride it back to back with only a REO sorry

The hire rates on me reo are quite reasonable aswell eppo.

eppo
WA, 9479 posts
3 Aug 2013 12:08PM
Thumbs Up

Nah I got access to a reo for free ! Plus been on it enough to know.

Bro just picked up a bandit and an envy. Drew hasn't got back to me as yet.

WA Surf
WA, 334 posts
4 Aug 2013 9:57AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Eppo, which number did you call as i don't have any missed calls on any of my phones.

Happy to let you take the dice for a test. Give me a call on 0427 927 873. Looks windy for the next few days.

eppo
WA, 9479 posts
4 Aug 2013 11:09AM
Thumbs Up

Okay I'm in contact with drew

Ooooh that mutiny f series looks like a possibility. Oooooohhhh

Now I know some crew have been on the dice, write something will ya!

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
4 Aug 2013 3:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
diamond2001 said..

stone2000 said..

Very goods news, looking at the shape it seems north have copied Ozone Reo which is known as the best wave riding kite outthere. I am North users and I was using Rebels and Neos for wave riding althougt I was thinking to move to Ozone since I tryed the Reo and was far superior than Neo. Now I just need to wait until Sep and I will be able to use my North bar which I transformed into a slide bars... good news!!!

looks way more c shaped similar to the vegas more than an ozone reo .I have always been riding the vegas in the surf for free ride because I like to ride waves ,boost,loop and do big air free ride tricks .I like my kite to turn on a 5 cent coin and be lightning quick.It looks to me as if north wanted to make a kite form there existing kites the neo and vegas.Biggest 2 problems with the vegas in the surf was its relaunch and no low end power as it was mainly designed for advanced freestyle.Drifting on the vegas was ok ,but not that great.I think north are answering this problem with the dice using there own theory and not ozones!

Dice is based on the Neo same as Vegas. C-shape leading edge. However the dice has a much deeper profile and is therefore much gruntier

chris313
41 posts
4 Aug 2013 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

will be very interested for a short review of the Dice compare to the Vegas......i look for a freestyle kite with versatility....i like the Vegas for that, but don't like the heavy bar feel !

eppo
WA, 9479 posts
4 Aug 2013 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

Still no reviews. Hey any of guys who have had demos on this you owe it to the retailer at least to write review surely.

I rode 4 diff kites today and did 4 quick reviews because I feel it is my duty considering they have lent me there kite. I'm knackerd been at it 5 hours, last thing I want to do is write something. But I did, probably sht but I did.

So come on, say something !

Spark
WA, 208 posts
5 Aug 2013 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

Tested the 9 M today in 18-25 on my wainman gambler and Mako 150 with Eppo and afew others .I'm sure he is preparing a very detailed review as I type this so I'm not really sure why I'm bothering but.....

Yep it drifts really nicely, Not sure if its as good as the reo in this department but it's extremely close at least. In saying this was only on it for about 40 minutes so not really enough time to dial in.

Got me back up wind really quickly after a wave.

Not blisteringly quick but certainly no slouch in the turns and also through the air.

Good bottom end, was never struggling even in the lulls or in the wind shadow at our local.

And it boosts..... Apparently Drew from WA Surf was out on it before I got there and was going huge.

North have a really good all rounder that performs in the waves here.... I think I need to demo the 12 aswell before I'm sold.

Thanks to Eppo for organizing the arvo with Drew. And obviously Drew for bringing them all down for us to try out.

eppo
WA, 9479 posts
5 Aug 2013 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

Review up, feel free to add anything sparky,

diamond2001
WA, 436 posts
5 Aug 2013 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

mmm boost and drift qualitys ...wednesday its on!

Gilloo
NSW, 5 posts
12 Aug 2013 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

I would like to know the wind range to size any tech on this kite????

toppleover
QLD, 2043 posts
12 Aug 2013 7:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gilloo said..

I would like to know the wind range to size any tech on this kite????

Check page 1 of this thread

pgc
VIC, 885 posts
13 Aug 2013 8:40AM
Thumbs Up

James Storm unstrapped on the dice 8m. All smiles from the gromy

eppo
WA, 9479 posts
13 Aug 2013 6:36PM
Thumbs Up

Off topic but accidentally hit my profile and apparently I have sold my laluz recently...weird because that and the Varial x 6m are still sitting in my shed.

Even weirder. ??

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
13 Aug 2013 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eppo said..

Off topic but accidentally hit my profile and apparently I have sold my laluz recently...weird because that and the Varial x 6m are still sitting in my shed.

Even weirder. ??

Roses are red, violets are blue
I'm a schizophrenic
and so am I

eddiemorgs
QLD, 390 posts
14 Aug 2013 11:55AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eppo said..

Even weirder. ??

It's happening Eppo.

As you near 4000 posts your avatar can develop its own personality. The difference between reality and the electronic ether is closing.

eppo
WA, 9479 posts
14 Aug 2013 12:08PM
Thumbs Up

So should I take the red or the blue pill then???

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
14 Aug 2013 3:40PM
Thumbs Up

whatever pill results in more kiting

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2014 North Dice" started by pgc