2014 OZONE C4: The definitive guide.

Created by Big eeeZeee > 9 months ago, 4 Jul 2013
kitcho207
NSW, 861 posts
25 Jul 2013 2:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
djdojo said...
Look, this is a serious thread. Can we please keep on topic - speculating wistfully and wildly about the 2014 C4, and perhaps the new bar.

(P.S. totally agree with Eppo about the swivels. One more thing to add weight and cost and to break/stuff up. KISS)

Fine...
I speculate the C4 will be dropped in 2014.
End of topic
Lol

Addikt
WA, 551 posts
25 Jul 2013 12:49PM
Thumbs Up

How about a picture...!

Plummet
4862 posts
25 Jul 2013 5:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
djdojo said..

Look, this is a serious thread. Can we please keep on topic - speculating wistfully and wildly about the 2014 C4, and perhaps the new bar.

Dammit. Do I have to be serious now?

Today I didn't give a fark!

Then I had a red bull.....

Now I don't give a flying Fark!

OK here goes.

I think the flysurfer Cronix might be the 10m kite for me instead of the C4....

kitcho207
NSW, 861 posts
25 Jul 2013 7:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Plummet said...
djdojo said..

Dammit. Do I have to be serious now?

Today I didn't give a fark!

Then I had a red bull.....

Now I don't give a flying Fark!

OK here goes.

I think the flysurfer Cronix might be the 10m kite for me instead of the C4....

Oh plummet
Now your pimping redbull

eppo
WA, 9499 posts
25 Jul 2013 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

Big call plummett. Big call.

One thing is for sure the chronix promo vid has to be one of the best I have ever seen! It gets me amped and cranked every time!

Will be looking into these kites for sure.

Plummet
4862 posts
25 Jul 2013 8:22PM
Thumbs Up

Imagine if redbull made kites?! they would fly themselves.

Any way. I find myself reaching for the 13m edge more 16-20 knots because the 10m c4 bores me in those winds. today was 15-20 then gusting to 25-28 in the squalls. I really should have been on the 10 but I rigged the 13 and weathered the squalls and rode out the low end because I couldn't be arsed with a boring 15-20.

So as I was teabagging my arse in the squalls I thought I need a gruntier kite than the 10c4. But I don't really think I want the 10 edge... too high aspect. The cat in not dynamic enough......

God forbid may have to search outside the ozone lineup to find what I want?!!! seems crazy but maybe it is what it is.

A man walks into a bar and asks for a glass of water. The barman draws a gun and points it at the man. The man says thank you and leaves.
What happened?

zarb
NSW, 620 posts
26 Jul 2013 8:19AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Plummet said..

A man walks into a bar and asks for a glass of water. The barman draws a gun and points it at the man. The man says thank you and leaves.
What happened?

Hiccups!

eppo
WA, 9499 posts
26 Jul 2013 7:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Plummet said..

Imagine if redbull made kites?! they would fly themselves.

Any way. I find myself reaching for the 13m edge more 16-20 knots because the 10m c4 bores me in those winds. today was 15-20 then gusting to 25-28 in the squalls. I really should have been on the 10 but I rigged the 13 and weathered the squalls and rode out the low end because I couldn't be arsed with a boring 15-20.

So as I was teabagging my arse in the squalls I thought I need a gruntier kite than the 10c4. But I don't really think I want the 10 edge... too high aspect. The cat in not dynamic enough......

God forbid may have to search outside the ozone lineup to find what I want?!!! seems crazy but maybe it is what it is.

What happened?

Yep with ya on the 10m my man. God forbid indeed.

kitcho207
NSW, 861 posts
26 Jul 2013 10:57AM
Thumbs Up

A horse walks into a bar.
Barman says "why the long face"?

Plummet
4862 posts
26 Jul 2013 9:12AM
Thumbs Up

A panda walks into a cafe. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and proceeds to fire it at the other patrons. "Why?" asks the confused, surviving waiter amidst the carnage. The panda pauses on his way out, produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual, and tosses it over his shoulder. "Well, I"m a panda," he says at the door. "Look it up." The waiter turns to the relevant entry and, sure enough, finds an explanation: "Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves."

pintofpale
SA, 229 posts
26 Jul 2013 12:56PM
Thumbs Up

That reminds me of that old joke of what yr average Aussie male and wombat have in common.... They both eat roots and leaves

mattyj
QLD, 66 posts
3 Aug 2013 9:08PM
Thumbs Up

Does anybody know a release date yet? Is it true that ozone release their different kites one at a time rather then a complete range of kites at once ?

Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
4 Aug 2013 11:55AM
Thumbs Up

Yes. I think the c4 was one of the last kites last year. I preordered mine and got them around late November

Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
4 Sep 2013 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

ozonekites.com/products/land-snow-kites

new release system

eppo
WA, 9499 posts
4 Sep 2013 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

Nice...

dafunk
QLD, 559 posts
7 Sep 2013 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

i just put a small scew in my quick release . Being carefull not to scew into the chicken loop .it is more dangerous but doesnt activate when not needed or needed lol

eppo
WA, 9499 posts
7 Sep 2013 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

You WHAT??

dafunk
QLD, 559 posts
8 Sep 2013 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

yeah eppo i was sick of activating quick release when rehooking after unhooking . As ststed it is dangerous and not recommended .

eppo
WA, 9499 posts
8 Sep 2013 12:20PM
Thumbs Up

Fair enough man. I suppose the new chicken loop might allow you to not do this anymore hey?

Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
8 Sep 2013 3:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dafunk said..

yeah eppo i was sick of activating quick release when rehooking after unhooking . As ststed it is dangerous and not recommended .

a bit unnecessary. I might have activated the release like once after hundreds of unhooked crashes. Not hard to grab just above the chicken loop but whatever floats your boat i guess...

Question is, does this new safety system allow the lines to untwist?? Looks as if the the new push away system might interfere with the rotation of the safety line?

Plummet
4862 posts
8 Sep 2013 2:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Big eeeZeee said..

Question is, does this new safety system allow the lines to untwist?? Looks as if the the new push away system might interfere with the rotation of the safety line?

hmmm.... you may be right. no untwisting function. Stink.

mattyj
QLD, 66 posts
8 Sep 2013 6:26PM
Thumbs Up

Have we got a release date yet

Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
8 Sep 2013 7:18PM
Thumbs Up

bar is set to be released late 2015

Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
8 Sep 2013 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

prretty sure it'll be in conjunction with the 2014 reo's

Spark
WA, 208 posts
8 Sep 2013 5:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Big eeeZeee said..

prretty sure it'll be in conjunction with the 2014 reo's

Which are set to be released when?

mattyj
QLD, 66 posts
8 Sep 2013 7:52PM
Thumbs Up

Seriously. .. surely thats not true. A video out on a bar that will be released in 2015. Why not with the new kite. They will fall behind everyone else dont you think

eppo
WA, 9499 posts
8 Sep 2013 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

That was a joke matty aimed at ozone. They had one in the pipeline a year ago but weren't happy with the manufacturers quality etc hence why it has taken so long.

Surely there is a way to untwist your lines in the new system.

NoBS
WA, 908 posts
8 Sep 2013 6:48PM
Thumbs Up

Mr Eppen...

patents.google.com/patent/US2979281

Your welcome

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
8 Sep 2013 7:34PM
Thumbs Up

Big eeeZeee said..

ozonekites.com/products/land-snow-kites

new release system

?rel=0

id prefer the demo of reloading in 25knts with a load of whitewash, personally ill stick with the old bar

eppo
WA, 9499 posts
8 Sep 2013 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

Me to cauncy, rate it highly.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2014 OZONE C4: The definitive guide." started by Big eeeZeee