Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Anyone Tested the 2011 North Jaime Board or Xride?

Created by Flying High > 9 months ago, 13 Sep 2010
Flying High
NSW, 217 posts
13 Sep 2010 12:27PM
Thumbs Up

Any reviews on the 2011 Jaime or Xride boards
It looks like the Jaime has a bit more rocker curve this year, but I didnt have it side by side with last years model. I havent seen a Xride in the shops yet, so am not sure how different it is this year.

AKSonline
WA, 925 posts
Site Sponsor
13 Sep 2010 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

Hi FH,

They just turned up on the doorstep today Looking forward to a windy day to get some decent ride time. They sure do look purty!

I'll happily review after a decent ride.

Cheers,

DM

ApatheticEnd
WA, 995 posts
13 Sep 2010 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

Does that mean that they'll be available for demo on the next windy day? Have you got the entire North range yet?

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
13 Sep 2010 8:20PM
Thumbs Up

AKSonline said...

Hi FH,

They just turned up on the doorstep today Looking forward to a windy day to get some decent ride time. They sure do look purty!

I'll happily review after a decent ride.

Cheers,

DM

Purty board

Pics please

19 Sep 2010 7:28PM
Thumbs Up

Ive got mine and should have wind on monday so hopfully can ride it then (looks good )

AKSonline
WA, 925 posts
Site Sponsor
19 Sep 2010 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

ApatheticEnd said...

Does that mean that they'll be available for demo on the next windy day? Have you got the entire North range yet?

Hi AE,

Yep, Available on next windy day! The new Jaime looks sick, with channels at each tip. Should be a great ride, can't wait. The colours on the Jaime should challenge your senses

DM

deanrobi
VIC, 641 posts
19 Sep 2010 11:09PM
Thumbs Up

Got one on its way to me at the moment, should have it for next weekend.

Rooboy
SA, 298 posts
20 Sep 2010 11:34AM
Thumbs Up

I got out on my new 2011 Jaime 137 X 43 and Vegas's yesterday for about 3 hours. Im a 92kg rider and im an Intermediate/Advanced Rider.

Took me a little while to get comfortable on the board as ive used to a wider stance (2010 Custom) but by the end of the session felt really good. The board has heaps of flex and the pop off the water was great. Board seems to truck up wind and really locks onto the water well when u dig in that rail, felt like i could hold down a heap of power when i wanted to. I was using the hard pads/cushioning (there are interchangable pads/cushioning for the foot pads which give a different feel and response to the board for the rider) in the foot pads and they felt really comfortable but will experiment a bit with the soft and medium pads when i get the chance to see what sort of difference they make. All in all im pretty stoked with the new board.

loverboy
WA, 614 posts
20 Sep 2010 10:13AM
Thumbs Up

I rode Roos yesterday- I struggled to get used to the flatter board and narrower stance ( coming from the Cab Custom ), kept digging a nose on landing but I think that is just something I would dial into after a few hours.

Ate up chop real smooth, and dam does this kid pop off the water ! Foot pads felt good and the board was locked to my feet- holds an edge almost too well, kinda need to pop into transitions. All in all thumbs up.

loverboy
WA, 614 posts
20 Sep 2010 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

The Jaime in action....

Flying High
NSW, 217 posts
29 Sep 2010 1:16PM
Thumbs Up

loverboy

I rode Roos yesterday- I struggled to get used to the flatter board and narrower stance ( coming from the Cab Custom ), kept digging a nose on landing but I think that is just something I would dial into after a few hours.

Ate up chop real smooth, and dam does this kid pop off the water ! Foot pads felt good and the board was locked to my feet- holds an edge almost too well, kinda need to pop into transitions. All in all thumbs up.

I am 85 kg and was thinking of the 135 size but the nose diving on landing concerns me a bit (have a 2008 underground flx 135 at present)
Also does it have a tendency to nose dive in the chop.

The local distributor didnt have demos of this board last year but had a xride demo not sure about this year.

Any more reviews

loverboy
WA, 614 posts
29 Sep 2010 11:21AM
Thumbs Up

Me digging the nose had much more to do with the board i am used to- i ride a custom which has a lot of rocker and is very forgiving on the landings...rode really smooth and fast through the chop with no spray off the tips. Compared to the 08 underground it is alot smoother through the chop and the flex in the board is a little nicer.

Rooboy
SA, 298 posts
29 Sep 2010 7:06PM
Thumbs Up

That pic was of me in my first session on the board. Im 92kg and was riding the 137cm. Didnt have an issue at all on my landings with nose diving and actually thought it handled the chop very well. Didnt catch many edges at all which i was surprised with considering it was my first session on the board and ive come from a Cab Custom like Loverboy.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Anyone Tested the 2011 North Jaime Board or Xride?" started by Flying High