Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Is it too early 2013 Gear ;)

Created by Addikt > 9 months ago, 29 May 2012
Addikt
WA, 551 posts
29 May 2012 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

I know its early but there is no wind......so anyone got any info pics etc on whats new in 2013......

Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
2 Jun 2012 9:07AM
Thumbs Up

Cabs stuff out soon I think. Waiting on ozone 2013 though

AKSonline
WA, 925 posts
Site Sponsor
3 Jun 2012 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Addikt,

Most of the new gear from the big players is being shown off at the upcoming dealer meetings over the next month or three. I think North, Naish, Cabrinha etc are usually first up. Ozone is in September.

You may not see too many photo's put up on the internerd due to the very early showing in relation to Europe's season and they don't want pics of the new gear circulating until around September at the earliest.

If you drop in to see your favourite local kite shop, I'm sure you'll find someone will have a few sneaky pics on their I-phone which you can have a look at and get a first hand review of the newest stuff rather than the boring KW reviews.

September is always an exciting time of year , pity it seems so far away right at the moment.

DM

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
6 Jun 2012 4:37PM
Thumbs Up

The DAKINE 2012/13 gear has just been released in the top 1/2 of the world.
Here downunder we didnt ever get to see it till at least October - usually much later.
But thats all changed.
We now have the full range right here in Perth at Kite Surf SUP.
To celebrate the change DAKINE will be presenting an Oz product launch at our Scarbs shop tomorrow night - Thurs 7th from 6:30 on.
Join us for pizzas, a beer and some exclusive footage from Cloudy to check it out.
All new DAKINE products will be 20% OFF for any cash purchase on the night.
Some older stock up to 1/2 price.

wal269
WA, 718 posts
7 Jun 2012 12:35PM
Thumbs Up

I have seen the 2013 Cabrinha kites .....and it looks sweet!

I have even touched them.

I love that new gear excitement.

Slack
WA, 685 posts
7 Jun 2012 4:16PM
Thumbs Up

puppetonastring said...

The DAKINE 2012/13 gear has just been released in the top 1/2 of the world.
Here downunder we didnt ever get to see it till at least October - usually much later.
But thats all changed.
We now have the full range right here in Perth at Kite Surf SUP.
To celebrate the change DAKINE will be presenting an Oz product launch at our Scarbs shop tomorrow night - Thurs 7th from 6:30 on.
Join us for pizzas, a beer and some exclusive footage from Cloudy to check it out.
All new DAKINE products will be 20% OFF for any cash purchase on the night.
Some older stock up to 1/2 price.

Excellent as I like beer & pizza and I need a new harness. Hopefully see you tonight.

Addikt
WA, 551 posts
15 Jun 2012 5:33PM
Thumbs Up

The New Fuel?.......Boom anyone know if there are any changes to the QR setup, would be nice to have above the bar depower?

Addikt
WA, 551 posts
15 Jun 2012 7:18PM
Thumbs Up

Nice shape from Core - GTS2 lets hope this year is return of the C ;)

Addikt
WA, 551 posts
17 Jun 2012 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

Boards too ......

Addikt
WA, 551 posts
18 Jun 2012 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

The Chaos......

juicerider
WA, 790 posts
26 Jun 2012 11:55PM
Thumbs Up

Vegas looks more like a torch, Fly is new and the torch looks the same

Addikt
WA, 551 posts
6 Jul 2012 10:07PM
Thumbs Up

Le rebel ......

BoardCrazy
NSW, 74 posts
Site Sponsor
7 Jul 2012 1:16PM
Thumbs Up

We have the All new Rally in 8, 10, and 12 (wow you have to see this kite) a new twin tip for 2012/13 and two new surfboards in Australia now.

All will be revealed July 15 so keep your eyes on the forum,

We will be doing a demo tour in the near future but if your up Newcastle way...

Underoath
QLD, 2431 posts
9 Jul 2012 1:43AM
Thumbs Up

Im just asking.....

Has gear really changed that much since 2010?

Apart from colours, if your into that kind a thing,

Whats the point of buying 2013 gear?

Whats new? Whats improved so much its worth spending $$?

flame away.

Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
9 Jul 2012 10:41AM
Thumbs Up

Since 2010, i think there have been some major changes. Not so much in the basic design and mechanics, but most of the major brands have made tweaks to address the niggling issues which result in warranty claims and quick deteriorating kites.

New materials, construction methods, new bar concepts and technology, board technology and refinements, bridle and pulley changes (no pulleys on some), canopy shaping and profiles resulting in more stable and controllable kites, improved graphics and colours that are embedded into the material rather than just screen printed and the list goes on.

After testing 5 of the major brands 2013 release over the last month, it is very easy to see and feel the difference between the old and new age gear. The kites may look the same in the sky, but up close the improvements standout.

Look at the major brands in the industry and you will see differences.

Joe

Addikt
WA, 551 posts
9 Jul 2012 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

Rally 2013...

Underoath
QLD, 2431 posts
10 Jul 2012 1:24AM
Thumbs Up

arsa said...

Since 2010, i think there have been some major changes. Not so much in the basic design and mechanics, but most of the major brands have made tweaks to address the niggling issues which result in warranty claims and quick deteriorating kites.

New materials, construction methods, new bar concepts and technology, board technology and refinements, bridle and pulley changes (no pulleys on some), canopy shaping and profiles resulting in more stable and controllable kites, improved graphics and colours that are embedded into the material rather than just screen printed and the list goes on.

After testing 5 of the major brands 2013 release over the last month, it is very easy to see and feel the difference between the old and new age gear. The kites may look the same in the sky, but up close the improvements standout.

Look at the major brands in the industry and you will see differences.

Joe

I appreciate your reply.

bennie
ACT, 1258 posts
10 Jul 2012 11:41AM
Thumbs Up

Addikt said...

Rally 2013...

wow! looks a hell of a lot like the 2011 model, and suspiciously like the 2010 too lol

dazzamuffin
WA, 48 posts
10 Jul 2012 5:36PM
Thumbs Up

north rebel

think they are losing the plot

mywisdom
WA, 258 posts
10 Jul 2012 6:38PM
Thumbs Up

oh dear.. the whole range of norths already looks outdated! like from the 90's :/ i didnt mind the orange and blues, but can you imagine a quiver with greys and greens aswell??

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
10 Jul 2012 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

north kites should be disgusted using child labour in their kite production.

Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
10 Jul 2012 9:46PM
Thumbs Up

Best's new wave kite the CABO.

Addikt
WA, 551 posts
10 Jul 2012 9:42PM
Thumbs Up

Fone Unik

kiteboy dave
QLD, 6525 posts
11 Jul 2012 8:05AM
Thumbs Up

cauncy said...

north kites should be disgusted using child labour in their kite production.

Proof?

I didn't see pics of kids in the 10 page factory photo spread in kiteworld a year or so ago. Did they put them all in a cupboard and bring in adults to sit at the machines for the pics?

Child labour isn't black and white either, walk around India or SE asia, you'll see kids of all ages working, labouring, anything really to put some food in the belly that day. Kids not working is a luxury we can afford in a rich society.

If they were working in the north factory they would have conditions and pay far far superior to anyone else.

eppo
WA, 9438 posts
11 Jul 2012 8:18AM
Thumbs Up

Yeh in Bali at the moment, went down a dodgy side alley with my bro in kuda and came across a building site, crew three stories up on dodgy bamboo scaffolding, not harnessed in or anything, little lighting at 11 pm, pouring concrete. Down below was 20 or so women ranging from young teenagers to old women, doing what we would use a bob cat for, shoveling stones into plastic containers then carrying them on their heads to somewhere else. I asked to lift one of the containers and damn they must have weighed near 15 kg each!!

Talked my old man about it and he said you can't overlay your western ideals on what you see. I said a bobcat would take 5 minutes to do that job, but he said then what job would these people have. He said the entire structure of the economy is driven by that haves and the have nots, and corruption ( as we would define ) is part and parcel of the deal.

Child labour from our perspective is not just, but they work or starve, simple. If north do provide suitable safe working conditions then that is several generations ahead of the the rest of Sri Lanka, from a western perspective. You want cheap goods, you want kites, you want 'stuff' then child labour exists.

So to the person who got on their high horse I suggest you cease from buying any consumer good for the rest of your life, sell up and go to these countries and do something about it, or quite frankly shut up.

Ps those north colors are an abomination. Someone needs to stop smoking opium pipes in the north board room.

mywisdom
WA, 258 posts
11 Jul 2012 8:27AM
Thumbs Up

I think he was maybe joking about the color schemes as they look like the work of a four year old with an deep pencil case full of crayons, everybody knows ALL the kite brands come from largely unregulated factories in third world countries... Right?

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
11 Jul 2012 9:09AM
Thumbs Up

Congratulations to dongara kindy winners of the north design a kite competition, you'll be recieving a 100kg bag of skittle lollies an some crayons, a north spokesman said after eating all them lollies some interesting designs may come out for the2014 range

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
11 Jul 2012 9:50AM
Thumbs Up

Oh sorry that was a joke too,I think

BoardCrazy
NSW, 74 posts
Site Sponsor
11 Jul 2012 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Bennie

I can assure you its very different to the previous rallys we have an 8,10 and 12 meter in the shop along with the new Asylum and Misfit Twintip come to lake Macquarie on Saturday and see and ride for yourself as we a running a SS ride day

cheers Boardcrazy team (Slingshot Australia)

bennie said...

Addikt said...

Rally 2013...

wow! looks a hell of a lot like the 2011 model, and suspiciously like the 2010 too lol

Flying High
NSW, 217 posts
11 Jul 2012 4:33PM
Thumbs Up

BoardCrazy said...

Hi Bennie

I can assure you its very different to the previous rallys we have an 8,10 and 12 meter in the shop along with the new Asylum and Misfit Twintip come to lake Macquarie on Saturday and see and ride for yourself as we a running a SS ride day

cheers Boardcrazy team (Slingshot Australia)

Rally 2013...

Boardcrazy, can you please describe the differences for those of us who cant get to Port Maquarie this Saturday

Addikt
WA, 551 posts
11 Jul 2012 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

Boardcrazy, can you please describe the differences for those of us who cant get to Port Maquarie this Saturday

Can you post some pics of the new bars too......

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Is it too early 2013 Gear ;)" started by Addikt