Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

New 2014 REO interested on feed back only

Created by Gone to dark side > 9 months ago, 12 Oct 2013
Gone to dark side
NSW, 389 posts
12 Oct 2013 5:58PM
Thumbs Up

Interested in any comments on the new reo,s as i have the 2013 10m and 2012 8m at the moment. I got well sick of the last post

12 Oct 2013 10:07PM
Thumbs Up

Yes, that did go pear shaped. Leo Troy and Shane all have 2014's, both your current kites are actually the same model, there was only a colour change to the sail and minor bridle tweak between those year models.

mergaTroy
NSW, 144 posts
18 Oct 2013 8:38AM
Thumbs Up

I have ridden all sizes now a few time, the guys at Ozone R&D have really stepped it up again, I am always wondering how they can improve what was such a great kite. The new 2014 range have amazing upwind ability and seeing the kite flys more forward in the window it's sick for reverse 360's together with the extra through in the bar line is sick for jibing 360s too!!! the graphics look great also. All the kites have a similar feel through my size range 7 to 12m. in the waves they are the same Reo no brainer.
I'm so pumpmed on them.

Gone to dark side
NSW, 389 posts
18 Oct 2013 8:51AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the feed back Blow

mergaTroy
NSW, 144 posts
18 Oct 2013 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gone to dark side said..

Thanks for the feed back Blow

yew anytime DarkSide!

vendeavours
VIC, 361 posts
19 Oct 2013 12:24AM
Thumbs Up

Had 1st kite on new 10m 2014 Reo it was very impressive , Great turning Yes , Very stable Yes , jumps and drifts Yes , KITE very stable and in contro when back ward rolls single and double Yes ,The new bar un twists with ease Yes , I have orded 6, 8m and on sat will try in waves (todays kite 19to 30 ktns 76klg on S/B)

vendeavours
VIC, 361 posts
21 Oct 2013 10:28PM
Thumbs Up

Had 2014 Reo 10 m out in waves 4 to 7ft it was sick. After kiting with Rebels for the last 4 years It was nice to kite with wave kite and had my 1st cover up with out knowing what the kite was doing and it was still driffting "unreal" With the wind conditions i would normally have 8m rebel but the 10m Reo was fine with depower THE upwind was good, i pointed up more than two Drifter kites and had plenty of low end power to get around white water when required This kite will give the Dise run for its money Sorry do not have pic with the Reo but pic of me on the same wave location and size
[img

andy59
QLD, 1153 posts
22 Oct 2013 10:36PM
Thumbs Up

I have ridden the 10 and the 12.
Rode the 12 today and am completely blown away by how good these kites are. The kites are so smooth and and drifty. It was 18- 20 knots and I would have normally been on my 10 but i wanted to stay out on the demo kite. Every thing felt easier and the power is constant throughout the window with no deadspot.
i went for my normal little pop on the way out because I am so used to the idea that Reos dont jump but the new one had me so high i scared myself shxtless.
I have 8, 10 and 12 2012 reos and will be trading them for 7, 9 and 12 as soon as possible... in fact i think I will just keep the demo kite and order a 7 and 9.

vendeavours
VIC, 361 posts
24 Oct 2013 11:00PM
Thumbs Up

Had kite with 8m in 4 to 6ft today F they are great , even over lit it just a great kite

pearl
NSW, 984 posts
25 Oct 2013 1:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vendeavours said..

F they are great

That about sums it up............ Not there was anything wrong with the 2012 & 2013, they are still great kites and excel at pure wave riding. They've just come up with the best kite I've ever ridden this season.

TurtleHunter
WA, 1675 posts
3 Nov 2013 12:27PM
Thumbs Up

only my second sesh on the 8 and I think I might have to upgrade my whole quiver. Had 4 others on the 2012/13 8 and 10m kites out with me and I killed them all upwind even with an extra 15 to 20kg on them. It seems to give a more even power making edging easier with less adjusting your edge.
Drift also seemed better than the previous model the only thing that may be a tad harder is controlling your speed where the wave wraps into the wind but it is so minor it could just be in my head. So I think the new model may be much better for the heavier riders as well as being smoother and easier for everyone else just remember when looking at sizes you don't have to go a size above what you think any more.

tobes
NSW, 1000 posts
4 Nov 2013 1:05PM
Thumbs Up

Just picked up an 8m 2014 Reo a few days ago. After one light wind session and one mammoth powered up session, I can only agree with these dudes^.
I've used the original 8m Reo whenever possible for the last 2 seasons, my go to kite for normal conditions here. The 2014 Reo is a tighter canopy, has a better low end for sure, and like the previous Reo, you don't have to think about it too much.
The new short leash is nice, the push away chicken loop is well designed, worth the wait. Don't do what I did yesterday though, learn how to reset the loop properly before you hit the water.

Short story- Much like the previous Reo but better.

Will be ordering a 6.

Disclosure - Ozone Australia team rider.

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
4 Nov 2013 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

edit - irrelevant question, worked it out.

Gone to dark side
NSW, 389 posts
4 Nov 2013 9:17PM
Thumbs Up

2012 and 2013 are the same kites just a upgrade in coulers and may be a light tweak .2014 has been re worked

Kitegrandad
23 posts
7 Nov 2013 8:30AM
Thumbs Up

Any suggestions on how the new REO 10m should be tuned - at the wing tip ( 3 settings) and at the bar under the floats (3knots). Big surprise is how well it boosts and goose upwind.....nice kite

COL
NSW, 551 posts
7 Nov 2013 3:06PM
Thumbs Up

Some things you just have to sort out for yourself, if you're not that into it you may as well leave it as std, but hell yeah it's awesome to goose upwind!

Kitegrandad
23 posts
7 Nov 2013 12:32PM
Thumbs Up

Actually connected with a migratory pack of geese on their way through SW Florida on one of my boosts on the new REO.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"New 2014 REO interested on feed back only" started by Gone to dark side