Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

2010 SAKSA State Titles

Created by kitecroc > 9 months ago, 30 Jan 2010
kitecroc
SA, 513 posts
31 Jan 2010 2:03AM
Thumbs Up

Well it's finally on, 2010 SAKSA State Titles.

6th and 7th March at the Grange Sailing Club !!!!

Competition from 12 Sat and Sun….

Presentation and comp after party at the club on Sunday night after the finals !

4 person heats, $40 early signup with t shirt, $50 on the day with t shirt if available.

Free bbq lunch for competitors on both days, club open for drinks and food for purchase for non competitors.

Register at, www.saksa.com.au

More details coming soon.

tino
443 posts
31 Jan 2010 8:27AM
Thumbs Up

SWEET!!! I've called RedBull and the GIRLS will be there handing out the good stuff all day!

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
2 Feb 2010 9:38AM
Thumbs Up

Heaps of time to get some practice in.

loverboy
WA, 614 posts
2 Feb 2010 7:15AM
Thumbs Up

last years was awesome, checked out the facilities for this year- Grange sailing club is an awesome venue- bring it on !!!!!

doolz
SA, 127 posts
2 Feb 2010 2:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
you will need to keep off these forums in order to get some practice in

liquidchild
SA, 107 posts
2 Feb 2010 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

is there an amateurs/pro division or is it just an open class free for all kinda thing?

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
2 Feb 2010 8:55PM
Thumbs Up

What are the conditions like at grange? Is there much flat water.

Or is it chop.......

Should be a great 2 days, looking forward to it.

Kam75
SA, 30 posts
2 Feb 2010 9:58PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah its pretty choppy waxy. You flat water lovers from Whyalla will love it.

loverboy
WA, 614 posts
2 Feb 2010 9:24PM
Thumbs Up

rode there the other week.....there is a gutter that fills up as the tide comes in. Should make for some good action.

PassingWind
QLD, 154 posts
3 Feb 2010 8:01AM
Thumbs Up

I go there quite regularly and very much enjoy flat water stuff, grange on a low incoming tide can have a good little flat water space but if the tide is up there isn't any and the swell is usually very wobbly. Up more towards Henley jetty there is some shallow flat water and down toward grange jetty there can be some good swell and pretty flat between waves. Regardless I'm excited.

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
3 Feb 2010 5:28PM
Thumbs Up

max14 said...

yeah its chop waxman... I vote for statetitles in either milang or whyalla next year, we could have the judges in a boat anchored just off of the sandbar :)

2011 State titles in whyalla, book Accommodation early.

Rooboy
SA, 298 posts
3 Feb 2010 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

Hey SAKSA committee looks like Waxman and Blako have put their hands up to arrange next years States. Thats one less thing the committe has to worry about. Good work boys!

max14
SA, 220 posts
3 Feb 2010 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

i personally know how hard it is to help organise an event such as this, and my prior comment has been deleted because i was completly out of line with what i said. That being said i am quite happy to put my hand up and help out with any event in any way i can.

doolz
SA, 127 posts
4 Feb 2010 3:03AM
Thumbs Up

Will we be blessed with mc chops like last year

murf
SA, 477 posts
4 Feb 2010 6:46AM
Thumbs Up

doolz said...

Will we be blessed with mc chops like last year

Of course!!! He had been in solid training for the past year. It is his time to shine!!!!

tino
443 posts
4 Feb 2010 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

Ideas for 2011 Titles are already been thrown around some of the crew.... if it goes ahead it'll be all-time greatness.

On this years Titles.... I've got Red Bull to come to the party. We are getting the Wiings Team (girls) both days, the Wigwam tent and fingers crossed this.......

jimmy87
SA, 112 posts
4 Feb 2010 10:03PM
Thumbs Up

now that is sick!!!!!!

doolz
SA, 127 posts
5 Feb 2010 10:03AM
Thumbs Up

Tino that is the bomb it will look sweet down at Grange[}:)]

Tom83
SA, 142 posts
5 Feb 2010 11:42AM
Thumbs Up

yeh tino I want to see that thing at grange - should be a good couple of days - Is there an official venue for the after party?

Kiteboarding SA
SA, 262 posts
5 Feb 2010 12:01PM
Thumbs Up

The official after party is on sunday night at The Grange Sailing Club.

DJ spinning some funked up jazzy tunes and cheap drinks as well as the possible screening of a new kite film....

Keep your eyes peeled for new developments.....

Hobie1463
SA, 449 posts
5 Feb 2010 6:17PM
Thumbs Up

Hi,

Now that car thing is sick.

I would like to offer my services to be 1 of the DJ's in that thing on the day if the organizers are interested.

I'm an average kiter, but in another life I was a very handy Club DJ, Happy to come along and bang out some 1990-2000 House,OldSKOOL,and Club Classics if the above machine suits oldskool turntables. Sorry no Cd's in this collection.

Can supply own gear if I have too.

Pm me if ya keen.

Danny

tino
443 posts
6 Feb 2010 7:24AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Danny,

Thanks for the offer.... I still need to confirm with RB as to whether they have their own DJs or not....

I'll let you know soon.

YES - the monster is pretty sick.... Big thanks to RedBull for having it in SA for when we need it, they always come through with the goods.

See you all on the 6th March

farms85
SA, 22 posts
7 Feb 2010 12:32PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Tino, One of my good mates is in charge of the beast when it is here in adelaide, unfortunately I won't be there but if you haven't had it confirmed yet then let me know, i'll give him a call and go straight to the source! He asked me last week if I knew of any events that would be suitable and I overlooked the titles! Shame on me!!

Have a good one dudes, I've moved to Tas for a while for work but am meeting up with the small but dedicated kiting crew down here shortly! Great wind but cold waters down here! Def need a thick wetty to get involved!

Peace,
Al

tino
443 posts
7 Feb 2010 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

farms85 said...

Hey Tino, One of my good mates is in charge of the beast when it is here in adelaide, unfortunately I won't be there but if you haven't had it confirmed yet then let me know, i'll give him a call and go straight to the source! He asked me last week if I knew of any events that would be suitable and I overlooked the titles! Shame on me!!

Have a good one dudes, I've moved to Tas for a while for work but am meeting up with the small but dedicated kiting crew down here shortly! Great wind but cold waters down here! Def need a thick wetty to get involved!

Peace,
Al

Hey, thanks but have already spoken to the main guy in charge of events for SA and WA as well as a good mate who is one of the SBMs for Redbull.... All in place.

kitecroc
SA, 513 posts
10 Feb 2010 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys and girls. If your thinking about competing in the State Titles, get on the SAKSA website and register now. This way you are guaranteed a comp shirt which look awesome. It takes about 2 mins to register and don't need to pay your rego fee till the day of the comp. So get involved crew it will be an awesome weekend with some great prizes up for grabs.

Cheers Croc

http://www.saksa.com.au/?page_id=143

tino
443 posts
10 Feb 2010 9:23AM
Thumbs Up

waxman said...

I hope you're entering the Opens...

loverboy
WA, 614 posts
10 Feb 2010 12:19PM
Thumbs Up

I am entering the opens !!!!!

Sign up everyone- like Croc said the t shirts look pretty darn schlick this year and yall have the chance to make sure you get your perfect size.......

I have seen some of the stuff that sponsors are putting forward as prizes too- pretty cool stuff, what doesn't go to the winners will be raffled off lucky dip amongst other competitors apparently, but only if they have pre registered, so get onto it and sign up !!!!!!!

PassingWind
QLD, 154 posts
10 Feb 2010 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

How good would it be if we got that 40 knot storm like last march on the days of comp....Whoo....Im dreaming.

PassingWind
QLD, 154 posts
10 Feb 2010 2:38PM
Thumbs Up

Also Can someone clarify what division there are, and who they are for...Thanks.

loverboy
WA, 614 posts
10 Feb 2010 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

go to www.saksa.com.au for division clarifications.....

doolz
SA, 127 posts
11 Feb 2010 4:12PM
Thumbs Up

[}:)][}:)][}:)]GARGLEBLASTERS[}:)][}:)][}:)]

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

"2010 SAKSA State Titles" started by kitecroc