Robe 2012 Easter Classic

Created by MartynBone2 > 9 months ago, 10 Mar 2012
MartynBone2
SA, 159 posts
10 Mar 2012 12:27PM
Thumbs Up

2012 ROBE WIND, KITE & SUP EASTER CLASSIC
It's on again and only 4 weeks away.

This is a free ride event for all ages and abilities with heaps of on and off water activities planned for wind, kite and SUP surfers!

Get in quick and pre-sign up over the phone or in person at Onboard Glenelg
Ph (08) 82940 3866. This year we have held the great value entrance fee to $50 on pre sign ups or $60 at the comp. Pre sign ups from Tuesday 13th March till Tuesday 3rd April 2012. Also get in quick to order your Robe Easter Classic Hoodie Size and Colour (included in entrance fee!).

Over the new few weeks, we will be posting all the information, to make your 2012 Robe Classic a massive fun weekend. Confirmed so far includes the popular Friday night party sponsored by Redbull, Coopers Pale Ale and Schweppes and the Sunday morning come and try stand up paddle boarding session at town beach. More TBC.

There are still a few house's available through SAL Real Estate Robe, awesome prices and very helpful. Ph 08 87682737
www.bookrobeaccommodation.com.au/

Any Question call the crew at Onboard Surf, Wind and Snow Glenelg Ph (08) 8294 3866

MartynBone2
SA, 159 posts
15 Mar 2012 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys, Dont forget to get into Onboard to sign up...
Get in early to get hoodie, in you size and colour pick..

Robe is only 3 weeks away..

You could almost smell the RED Bull and COOPERS now...

MartynBone2
SA, 159 posts
24 Mar 2012 12:28PM
Thumbs Up

Well crew 2 WEEKS to go until the 2012 Robe Easter Classic…

Latest news…
Girls wine tour is on for the Saturday… So if need to please the wife/girlfriend or you want a day off the water… Sign up for the Girls only wine tour.. they will tour the local wineries, have lunch and nibbles… all on a bus leaving and returning to Robe..
What a day… The girls have loved it over the last couple of years..
Only $60 pre sign up, (includes hoodie) or $70 at robe (sorry no hoodie)….

Friday night Coopers/redbull Party… we are trying to get it on a beach closer to town, so that no one has to Drink and Drive… still working it out with the council, should know very soon..

Don't forget to get into Onboard Surf to sign up for only $50…

EvanH
SA, 10 posts
28 Mar 2012 11:03PM
Thumbs Up

Just finished making all of the trophies for the 2012 Robe Easter Classic. While all the standard categories will be there, two extra trophies are in the mix this year.

As part of the 2012 comp, Onboard will be crowning a King and Queen of Robe. Stay tuned or ring the shop for more details.

peter deane
SA, 39 posts
30 Mar 2012 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

well done Evan -beautiful work-you are a legend!
Thanks from all of us-even the spectators like me.
Cheers
Peter

MartynBone2
SA, 159 posts
31 Mar 2012 5:12PM
Thumbs Up

Latest Update to 2012 Robe Easter Classic.
Well the final touches are happening for the crazy weekend.

Only 3 more days of Pre sign ups… Pre signs ups finish at Onboard on Tuesday 3rd April 2012. Sign at the comp site will re open at 9am Friday at $60…
Heaps of crew have already have signed up, and getting ready for the fun weekend ahead.

Ladies Wine tour has once again be a very successful item, ONLY 2 Spots left

Forecast for the weekend is looking to be good swell all weekend and wind, something new for Robe…

Itinerary for the competitions.
FRIDAY..
9am Sign up starts…. At 3rd Ramp.
11am Comp briefing at 3rd ramp…
1200 – 1700pm Free ride Wind/ Kite event at 3rd Ramp

FRIDAY NIGHT COOPERS/ RED BULL BEACH PARTY
1900pm to 2400pm. Long Beach 2nd Ramp (the ramp you drive onto the beach)
This year we have brought the Friday night beach party closer to town. It will be held at town side of 2nd ramp. This is the ramp you drive onto the beach at Long Beach. We will be tucked back in towards the cliffs. There will be the Red Bull tent, and fire so you can see it easily. With aqustic guitar sounds, plenty of Coopers and Red Bull and softies for the non drinkers and kids. A good night to catch and build friend ships with others..

SATURDAY
TBA – SUP WAVE FREE RIDE COMP at 3rd ramp..
1200 – 1700pm Free ride Wind/ Kite event at 3rd Ramp

SATURDAY NIGHT.. ROBE PUB PARTY.
The Robe Pub is putting on a large party for all the crew…..

SUNDAY
9am Ladies Yoga SUP come and try Morning at Town Beach.
TBA SUP Long Distance Across the bay race..
1200 – 1700pm free ride Wind/ Kite event at 3rd Ramp

SUNDAY NIGHT PRESS'o NIGHT.
1900pm Press'o night will be held at the Robe Bowls Club
Cheap drinks./ and every competitor goes home with a price..

Any questions please contact the team at Onboard (08) 8294 3866

camarilloB
WA, 39 posts
1 Apr 2012 6:32PM
Thumbs Up

G'day,

Any tips on camping at Robe? doesn't appear that there is any other option available, that's what one gets from being a slacker

Cheers Jasper..

action_ms69
SA, 242 posts
1 Apr 2012 9:22PM
Thumbs Up

At Robe. there is a heap of people that set up camp at 3rd ramp, just on the side of the road.. or you can camp at the bush camp ground at the national park, about 3 kms out of town..

camarilloB
WA, 39 posts
2 Apr 2012 12:43PM
Thumbs Up

Camping on the beach sounds pretty good to me..

I just had a look at google map to see if could locate the "ramps" are those pretty obvious when driving into Robe? Any details would be good!

Cheers
Jasper

kitecroc
SA, 513 posts
2 Apr 2012 2:47PM
Thumbs Up

Third ramp is the beach access ramp which is referred to as Riviera Drive on Gmaps . Second ramp is the access off the Esplanade rd in Robe it self.
Outside of the locals, I don't think anyone knows where first ramp is
I hope this helps

Cheers Croc

jamdfingr
QLD, 663 posts
2 Apr 2012 4:04PM
Thumbs Up

Camping on the beach may be a good solution so long as you don't mind going without a shower for a while or having to crumb a sausage in the sand dunes.

It might be an issue if you get a king tide too as the tide will go right up to the start of the sand dune.

I always wondered where third ramp was cause I could only ever count 2 on the beach.

Now I know I have been using second ramp and thinking it was first!

camarilloB
WA, 39 posts
2 Apr 2012 4:30PM
Thumbs Up

Cool, just located it on Google maps!

Cheers
Jasper

MartynBone2
SA, 159 posts
3 Apr 2012 5:38PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Guys here are some photos of the 2012 Onboard Robe Easter Classic Hoodies.
Hope your all getting ready for what we hope will be an epic weekend of Wave Sailing, Kiting and SUPing!!!
See you all Friday!

Rooboy
SA, 298 posts
3 Apr 2012 5:46PM
Thumbs Up

So whens everyone heading up?

Lang
SA, 66 posts
3 Apr 2012 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

I can't wait. I am heading up early Friday to get there by 11AM. I even have the cook booked for the wine tour.

Look forward to meeting/seeing you guys down there, and I hope I don't embarrass myself too much with my lack of moves kiting.

doolz
SA, 127 posts
3 Apr 2012 10:28PM
Thumbs Up

roo leaving thur morning friday and sunday are looking the goods
game on bring on the fun and games

jimbob SA
SA, 992 posts
4 Apr 2012 3:41PM
Thumbs Up

kitecroc said...

Third ramp is the beach access ramp which is referred to as Riviera Drive on Gmaps . Second ramp is the access off the Esplanade rd in Robe it self.
Outside of the locals, I don't think anyone knows where first ramp is
I hope this helps

Cheers Croc

First ramp is the old original access to the beach it is right in the corner at the cliffs at the very start of the beach at robe end. this is now in the no car area in front of the caravan park and esplenarde park so was closed many years ago.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

"Robe 2012 Easter Classic" started by MartynBone2