Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

Robe 2011 Wind/ Kite/ Sup Comp..

Created by MartynBone2 > 9 months ago, 12 Mar 2011
lukethomas40
WA, 14 posts
20 Apr 2011 5:31AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the directions high as a kite.

Yeah that was me on the crazy fly dragging the ozone in, took me forever to get to shore kite kept digging into the water.

coastflyer
SA, 582 posts
20 Apr 2011 9:14AM
Thumbs Up

Latest forecast. Looks pretty good, but Saturday may be light, but increasing over Sunday through Monday.

South East Coast:
Wednesday until midnight : Winds: Variable to 10 knots tending south to
southwesterly 10 to 15 knots during the morning then tending westerly 10 to 15
knots by early evening. Seas: Below 1 metre. Swell: Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres.
Thursday : Winds: Westerly 15 to 20 knots increasing to 20 to 25 knots around
midday. Seas: 1 to 2 metres. Swell: Southwesterly 3 to 5 metres decreasing to 3
to 4 metres from the morning.
Friday : Winds: Southwesterly 15 to 25 knots.

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
20 Apr 2011 3:20PM
Thumbs Up

Hey crew,
if you see Luke smashing it on his crazy fly please make him welcome.

"HUGE" effort towing in one of Torquay's Elder Tribesman kite, took about an hour.

Luke, I went around to fisho's to pick Wally and you up but you shot off betting back up wind before I could get to you.

Well Done.

Rooboy
SA, 298 posts
20 Apr 2011 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

Safe journey for all those heading off to Robe tomorrow or over the weekend. Drive safe and looking forward to catching up with everyone for some epic wind, waves and a few brews thrown in for good measure!

loverboy
WA, 614 posts
20 Apr 2011 4:53PM
Thumbs Up

fffffrooooth !!!!!! we is shootin thru tomorrow early- hope to see everyone at long beach for the pre comp kite, safe travels yall - see ya there !

action_ms69
SA, 242 posts
20 Apr 2011 9:51PM
Thumbs Up

1 more day to go!!!!!!!

Conditions look sick, go hard on friday, maybe a surf on sat, then back out with the wind machines on sunday...

Safe trips all...

loverboy
WA, 614 posts
23 Apr 2011 12:47PM
Thumbs Up

Friday morning saw some solid swell and enough breeze for the kiters to ride from sunup till about 2 pm. Riddim section rocked the Friday night party like never before with the best turn out I have ever seen...Saturday surf conditions are cleaning up and sizable swell is still around so off for a surf soon- this weekend never disappoints !!!

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
23 Apr 2011 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Geoffrey,
Hope you all are having a great time.
This is one of those spots you were asking about. I couldn't pull myself away from this to attend Robe this year. Thursday Friday and today. 15 > 20 knots side shore each day.

Only got a couple of pic's of Thursday. Couldn't let my son the poledance have all the fun.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

"Robe 2011 Wind/ Kite/ Sup Comp.." started by MartynBone2