Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

Robe Easter 4WD Mission 2010

Created by McFlying > 9 months ago, 14 Mar 2010
McFlying
WA, 247 posts
14 Mar 2010 8:32PM
Thumbs Up

Hi all 4wd owners and tag alongs

Vikki and I had such a great time last year with everyone 4WD through the Little Dip NP that we thought we might get organised early for this years mission. Generally we go on the non windy day as a little adventure to ease the beach bordom.

To get things rolling we first brought a new car and are pretty excited to get it sandy!!!! We will have maps this year of the tracks in the area so all know where we're going, very helpful I know. If your keen to come along this year and join in the adventure come and see us on the beach some time and we'll let you know the plans. We generally like to fill all the seats in the cars so lots of different people can join in on the fun. Last year saw 10 ish vehicles and 30 people coming together for a great afternoon.

If your keen to come along there is just a couple of things you can do to make for a better day.

1. Organise yourself a sand-flag so others can see you at the crest of a sand dune. These are generally made from electrical condute and held in place by either gaff tape of hose clamps?

2. Beg, borrow or steal a UHF radio from a mate, the cheap handheld ones work great. These allow you to hear whats happening and join in the constant radio banter. These aren't a must have item but do add to the enjoyment.

3. If you have any recovery gear, including a shovel bring them along.

4. If you have mates who think there massive bring them along as they'll be handy push's when we get bogged.

The tracks at little dip are generally great fun and easy on the vehicles so don't worry you shouldn't damage your car.

Below are some photos of our new baby and some of last years mission to get you all inspired again

And Last Year's Mission

Nice one, all part of the fun

loverboy
WA, 614 posts
15 Mar 2010 6:30AM
Thumbs Up

One of my best memories of the Robe trips is the 4wding- so do yourself a favor and get involved- great fun !!!!

Tom83
SA, 142 posts
15 Mar 2010 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

that was a massive afternoon, so much fun

McFlying
WA, 247 posts
15 Mar 2010 9:17AM
Thumbs Up

What a great time, nice photo's of the day to Tom,

Toms are the long photos!!! nice

Tom83
SA, 142 posts
15 Mar 2010 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks man, I’m so jealous that you got a 4WD, hopefully by next year I’ll have one and can join in the shenanigans, we should make it part of the comp, best driver, or least amount of tow outs....... lol

Rooboy
SA, 298 posts
16 Mar 2010 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

Nah tom i think it should be for the person that goes the hardest, gets bogged the worst or who gets the most air, he he. Much more interesting that way. Ill b booking a seat with someone this year thats for sure.

McFlying
WA, 247 posts
21 Mar 2010 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Just some more inspiring photo's for you all.

Can't wait, just missed a good sail at seacliff to get the new toy ready for easter

This is what happens if you visit the murray mouth and your an idiot!!!

Souldn't be to much of this action at Robe (Bungle Bungles WA)

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

"Robe Easter 4WD Mission 2010" started by McFlying