Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

Whyalla Kiteboarding Classic Dec 4th 2010

Created by easto > 9 months ago, 1 Nov 2010
max14
SA, 220 posts
1 Dec 2010 12:48AM
Thumbs Up

Did u mean pray easto? Cause I don't fancy being prey...

easto
116 posts
30 Nov 2010 11:10PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry...... i did say that you would be PREY if there isnt any wind.........since you are single now!!!!! SO F...........PRAYYYYYY!!!!!!!

easto
116 posts
30 Nov 2010 11:15PM
Thumbs Up

Goin to bed ....cos f..... im tired!!! Too many nights up trying to sort this comp,at least i can sleep on saturday if theres no wind!!

Good night Blake....Love and miss you my gay prey!!!

action_ms69
SA, 242 posts
1 Dec 2010 7:21AM
Thumbs Up

Even if there is no wind, it will be great to hang out the Whyalla crew..

But the if you dont want to hang with the whyalla crew, we will have Fiik Electric Skateboard to demo in the carpark for the day as well..

Heaps keen... The wind will come, its always windy in Whyalla..

easto
116 posts
1 Dec 2010 6:39AM
Thumbs Up

Please bring 50 Stewy!!!! If the forecast still looks bad by friday,to anyone that has a SUP then pack it as i think we might be racing!

coastflyer
SA, 572 posts
1 Dec 2010 5:38PM
Thumbs Up

Latest, Sat arvo looks great!

www.weatherzone.com.au/sa/west-coast/whyalla

picker
VIC, 431 posts
2 Dec 2010 6:15AM
Thumbs Up

Going to make the trip from vic for the weekend. How's the wind looking? Where can i find a forecast? Cheers

kitingtopher
SA, 313 posts
2 Dec 2010 11:18AM
Thumbs Up

don,t look at willy weather.

al the forecasters are talking 35 to 38 degrees ne to nw winds. varying strength reports. should be good day .

pray to the wind gods.

mick14
SA, 343 posts
2 Dec 2010 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

The latest BOM forecast says 10-20 knot sea breeze for gulf waters Saturday - maybe one of the locals can predict the chance of a decent sea breeze with the prevailing NEasterly?

My local BOM contact says "the models are diverging" which means "wait until tomorrow and we might know more" or is that "we just make it all up"?

walshd
SA, 601 posts
2 Dec 2010 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

Bring a Big kite, Big board and a BIG ESKY

EB
SA, 492 posts
2 Dec 2010 7:52PM
Thumbs Up

Wish you Whyalla crew some luck and Gero winds for the weekend.You can search the net as much as you like but you won't find a site that will talk up the prognostic charts for the weekend.Anyhow good to think possitive,Hopefully the unseasonal weather clears before the end of the month.
I am back in from 3rd day of 30 knots[}:)]
See ya soon

kitingtopher
SA, 313 posts
3 Dec 2010 5:41PM
Thumbs Up

if you can,t say something nice about the weather

EB
SA, 492 posts
4 Dec 2010 10:14PM
Thumbs Up

Any good???
Just checked the Bom. 38degrees and gusting onshore NNE- Easterly to 24knots.
Best place to be is at the foreshore followed closely after by the Eyre Hotel
Hope you got wet.

easto
116 posts
4 Dec 2010 10:58PM
Thumbs Up

Hi EB....ya we got some wind.....But N NE is cross offshore in whyalla ,was gusty but managed to run a comp and get good results for those guys that rode.Had gusty wind and a 20 to 33 kt half hour session which was good for the guys that were ready.

Congrats to all our winners...male and female with Open mens winner Marty Bone and R-up Waxy,the womens Jacqui Hadlow Hockaday.........and runner up Annali hardman.

will post all the freestyle results 2mw!!!!
Sore throat and gotta get some sleep.

Transition_Surf
SA, 286 posts
5 Dec 2010 4:37PM
Thumbs Up

Great event Easto, congrats..... Was sweet to hang with the Whyalla Crew. Congrats to all the winners and runner ups. Thanks to all the sponsors who made it so much fun....

easto
116 posts
5 Dec 2010 4:38PM
Thumbs Up

Whyalla Kiteboarding Classic Results.

Thanks to all sponsors and all the crew from Adelaide,KI,Pt Lincoln,Whyalla,Quorn and Ceduna......you guys rocked on the day in the trying conditions and helped support our great event.Well done and many thanks!!!
FREESTYLE
Juniors- 1st-Kye Rings Roberts 2nd-Corey Cabrinha Capildo
Grand Masters mens-Steve Backloop White - Phil Stomach MConachie
" " womens-Annali Tu Tu Hardman
Am Mens-Jarryd Lover Eades - Danny Deckchair
Masters Mens-Shaun Irwin Crocker - Mark Mumma Stewart
Opens- Martin Tino Bone - Wax Limp Cox
" " - Jacqui Hadlow Easton

Thanks again to our great sponors....Avid Engineering,Xtreme Kites & Paddle,Whyalla City Council,Events Whyalla,One Steel,Cardboards,Derevko,Best,F-One,Slingshot,Nobile,Whyalla Foreshore Kiosk,AT Maintenance Services,Des's Cabs,Bay 10 Accommodation,Discovery Holiday Park.
From the team.....Scotty Skinny Easton,Tony Hells Angel and Anothy Steak Bray!!!! See you next comp!

jordy
SA, 451 posts
6 Dec 2010 9:37AM
Thumbs Up

Well done to you Easto. Great weekend and very well run despite the tough conditions. Keeping everyone on track and motivated to get out for a kite and organising the event was a job well done.

Good effort mate and thanks.

walshd
SA, 601 posts
6 Dec 2010 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

Yep big thanks the Easto, Tony, AB and the crew for running an awesome day, and the non-local crew for doing the drive over.

Easto's enthusiasm really made the day and I'm kicking myself for not being ready when that unforecasted front came through.

Thanks again guys and hope to see another event next year!

fastfredo
50 posts
6 Dec 2010 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

Great weekend and special mention to the guys and gals who got off their arse and made the most of the trying conditions. I was watching the weather from my cabin deck when suddenly the wind arked up but by the time I got my **** together it dropped off again. A case of blink-and-you'll-miss-it! Still, here's the best one from late in the arvo on Saturday.

easto
116 posts
7 Dec 2010 9:53PM
Thumbs Up

Top shot Smithy!
Thanks for driving up from Lincoln and getting out there yourself...
I believe your photos are worthy for kitemags,keep up the good work.
After 5 days of 40 degrees in whyalla im pretty keen to sit back and chill in Lincoln for a day or two then off to Ceduna....sick of driving but hey gotta go where the work is.
Thanks again to all crew for support!

kitecroc
SA, 513 posts
9 Dec 2010 10:31AM
Thumbs Up

Just want to thank Easto and all the crew who put on a great competetion last weekend. A massive thankyou to Avid engineering and all the other sponsors who got behind this great event. I'm sure everyone who made the trek had an awesome time. Looking forwward to the next one

Cheers Croc

WF
SA, 116 posts
9 Dec 2010 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

Thought you all might like to see the back page of today's Whyalla News.
As usual Whyalla News is very short on facts and can never spell peoples names properly.
Love the reference to "professional kite surfer Tony Angel congratulated the winners". Make sure you ask for some hot tips from him when next down the beach!!!!
Will load up the other pictures later.

Cheers

AB

WF
SA, 116 posts
9 Dec 2010 8:16PM
Thumbs Up

A few more pics from the paper.
Not sure that Croc will be too happy being named as Waxy in his photo!!!!

Cheers

AB

walshd
SA, 601 posts
9 Dec 2010 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

WF said...

A few more pics from the paper.
Not sure that Croc will be too happy being named as Waxy in his photo!!!!

Oh well, atleast they didn't name him Heywood Jyablowme (the whyalla guys will get this joke)

kitecroc
SA, 513 posts
10 Dec 2010 9:25AM
Thumbs Up

Waxy has never looked so good

easto
116 posts
10 Dec 2010 7:37AM
Thumbs Up

Must congratulate Whyalla News on the great photos even if they did stuff a cupla things up,for a photographer thats never shot kiteboarding before reckon he should go work for K-Mag...
ps-waxy on a Cab?? hum

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

"Whyalla Kiteboarding Classic Dec 4th 2010" started by easto