Forums > Land Yacht Sailing Construction

Just working out a build

Created by Nikrum > 9 months ago, 26 Aug 2010
desertyank
1262 posts
5 Apr 2011 10:11PM
Thumbs Up

Yep, everything worked very quickly When are we due for the sequel?

Nikrum
TAS, 1972 posts
6 Apr 2011 12:18AM
Thumbs Up

Not for a while yet. My current camera isn't up to scratch and I don't very often have a cameraman out with me.. It is ok for you guys that get out with a bunch of others. I have to sail by my ownsome.. However next time I have some footage I will post it.
Ron

desertyank
1262 posts
5 Apr 2011 10:33PM
Thumbs Up

Can you attach it to your helmet (when you wear one...) or your yacht?

Test pilot 1
WA, 1430 posts
5 Apr 2011 11:11PM
Thumbs Up

Next time use some protection on that bare bone between and above your shoulder blades

Nikrum
TAS, 1972 posts
7 Apr 2011 12:03PM
Thumbs Up

TP1,
That is what the Bone is for, to maintain the vacuum contained within..
Ron

Test pilot 1
WA, 1430 posts
7 Apr 2011 3:15PM
Thumbs Up

Next time you go over a bump watch out or your fat guts might get sucked up into that vaccuum[}:)]

Nikrum
TAS, 1972 posts
7 Apr 2011 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

Boy, What a BITCH!
Ron

desertyank
1262 posts
9 Apr 2011 4:07AM
Thumbs Up

Test pilot 1 said...

Next time you go over a bump watch out or your fat guts might get sucked up into that vaccuum[}:)]

Dang, I meant to look at the landyacht forum, not the Kitesurfing/Windsurfing forum... musta pushed the wrong button[}:)]

bumbadin
7 posts
9 Apr 2011 6:47AM
Thumbs Up

omg jus seen all the bits about the steering setups, given me sumit 2 think about (and test). the only thing im missing is my welder, 350 miles away, should i spend a weeks worth of wages to go get it or 2 months worth to get a shiny new 1? with regards to fork angles n such, just had a semi-autistic brainwave, its compound geometry, i'll see if i can find and tweak a formula from my old school books.

i'll see if i can find some PhysCad software on the net n plonk a link if i do.

btw very nice build.

Nikrum
TAS, 1972 posts
17 Apr 2011 9:56PM
Thumbs Up

H'Ok! bumbadin, you have had a few days to sort out the Welder and Steering prob'. How did you make out??? 350miles, return 1126K. Shoot if you're bitching about that you best had aught to forget about doing a trip to Aus any time soon. Those are the sort of distances we travel just to get a Burger or Pizza as a mater of course. Why back in 2000 the Missus 'n' me went from Queanbeyan, NSW to Canberra ACT the long way around just for a drive 16,500 odd kilometers via Perth and Darwin as we had a month with not a lot to do, 't were a nice little leisurely drive.

So the wind hasn't been much the last few days so this afternoon a mate and his wife came around for a couple of Wines. McGuigans Black Label 1.5L Cab" Merlots
are running at a good price of late so we necked a couple of those with Cheese, Biscuits, Nuts and Strasbourg Sausage. Well I guess we had to console me with sumit and that wasn't a bad thing----------------------------was it?
The next week doesn't look like it is going to be much better, exacerbated by the fact that the Sail Maker is closed for Easter as well. So how have the rest of you managed to spend the Weekend nae the week??
Ron

omar enrique
WA, 3 posts
6 Jun 2011 9:27AM
Thumbs Up

omar enrique
WA, 3 posts
6 Jun 2011 10:51AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Ron.
SEND BOSETS "TERRABUGGI 1" IS MY DESIGN AND IS VERY LIGHT.RESPONDS VERY FAST IN THE TURNS OF 180 DEGREES AND I AM SATISFIED WHIT WHAT I MADE THIS NEW RESULT SUPPORT THE "TERRAVENTO1" LONGER FOR STRONGER WIND ABOVE 20 KNOUT .
THE BAR TO CHASSIS CHANGES OF TERRAVENTO OR TERRABUGGI WIT THE SAME ELEMENTS AND THE RESULT IS GREAT.
Advantage season approaching wind.

OMAR ENRIQUE

landyacht
WA, 5921 posts
6 Jun 2011 8:22PM
Thumbs Up

Hola omar enrique, welcome to seabreeze
love the yachts

Nikrum
TAS, 1972 posts
7 Jun 2011 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

Omar
I would suggest you chat with Landyacht/Paul about design. He was my main source though there are any amount of members that will help as and where they can.. Me?? I just have ideas and put them into play some successful some disasters but hey! it is all in the fun.
Where there any ideas in those pic's to help you??
Ron

Subscribe

Forums > Land Yacht Sailing Construction

"Just working out a build" started by Nikrum