Forums > Land Yacht Sailing Construction

new sailor in Northern California.

Created by harleyd > 9 months ago, 25 Feb 2011
desertyank
1262 posts
22 Sep 2011 7:14AM
Thumbs Up

OOPS.... It would have been handy if I'd added the link to the beer-5 in my previous post i guess...

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Land-Yacht-Sailing/Construction/Beer-5-update/

landyacht
WA, 5921 posts
24 Sep 2011 8:22PM
Thumbs Up

have a chat to destert yank , he has all the secret measurements for his yacht , at 120 you should be fine

sabydent
360 posts
3 Nov 2011 11:30AM
Thumbs Up

Harleyd

How is it going with holey moley? Been waiting for sailing photos and video.

Brian

harleyd
183 posts
7 Nov 2011 2:18AM
Thumbs Up

hey, sailed moley a few times... at Misfit flats in Nevada... google it..
they filmed a marlyn monroe , clark gable film there called the misfits....if i ever figure out how to upload a video I will..
hope you are doing well...

harleyd
183 posts
21 Nov 2011 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

thinking of the next ptoject... had an idea of a larger yacht maybe one that i could change seats to go from a single to a double? maybe out of wood?
any comments?

Nikrum
TAS, 1972 posts
21 Nov 2011 1:36PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Big Motor Bike, What's to comment??? Your project[}:)] Go for it, however as usual your obligation is to keep us all up to speed on the forum,
Ron

Chook2
WA, 1244 posts
21 Nov 2011 4:12PM
Thumbs Up

I just used an extended axle on the left hand side.
There is a U shaped frame that bolts onto the chassis by a plate behind the mast with 2 x 8 mm bolts. The 25mm x 25mm frame plugs into a 30 x 30 socket on the left axle using a single bolt here.

Take out 3 bolts in the side car and change the axle back to standard and your on your own again.

This was made to cart kids around.

Chook

sn
WA, 2775 posts
21 Nov 2011 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

harleyd said...

thinking of the next ptoject... had an idea of a larger yacht maybe one that i could change seats to go from a single to a double? maybe out of wood?
any comments?

I have seen pics of blokarts running in tandem- hooked behind each other like a train.

I have also seen a pic of a blokart with an esky trailer behind it too.

(esky= beer cooler)

esky trailer feels like the more sensible option to me- handy if the wind dies down

landyacht
WA, 5921 posts
21 Nov 2011 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

chook can i suggest a simple wooden plate attached to the axle just to keep wandering arm from coming near the wheel.

Chook2
WA, 1244 posts
21 Nov 2011 8:44PM
Thumbs Up

Yeh Paul thats a great idea!!!

No one has had their bum in it yet as Pink Lake filled up in March for our "festival of the wind" and I was too busy learning to sail, when we got back onto it.
I wasn't confident enough to cart other peoples "carpet grubs" about with my limited skills.

Now you have bought it to my attention I will certainly sort it out though.

Thanks Chook

harleyd
183 posts
22 Nov 2011 11:13AM
Thumbs Up

i can see my wife in a little trailer behind me..... she would take a stick and bonk me on the head....got a few projects I have to square away before next build... my sons friend father passed away and gave him a Pontiac GTO and it need s a little mechanical tender loving care.... Dont know if you aussies know the car but its a 68
muscle car... so any way after we get it going .. the new yacht will be next on the bench...
thanx for the encouragement

cisco
QLD, 12337 posts
22 Nov 2011 10:53PM
Thumbs Up

harleyd said...

i can see my wife in a little trailer behind me..... she would take a stick and bonk me on the head....got a few projects I have to square away before next build... my sons friend father passed away and gave him a Pontiac GTO and it need s a little mechanical tender loving care.... Dont know if you aussies know the car but its a 68
muscle car... so any way after we get it going .. the new yacht will be next on the bench...
thanx for the encouragement

Your'e talking about one of these. Wasn't a hard top one of these featured in "The Fast and The Furious" movie??

This car here which you call a Pontiac GTO was originally released in Australia as the Holden Monaro and actually a two door version of the Holden Commodore which originated from the German Opel.

It was produced because of popular demand to "bring back the Monaro" which was a uniquely Australian car made by General Motors Holden in the late 60s and early 70s. The GTS version was produced in sufficient numbers to qualify for entry in the Bathurst production car races of that era.

The example below is for sale for A$160,000.

www.carsales.com.au/?utm_source=carpoint/all-cars/results.aspx?N=1216+1247+1252+1282+4294965678+4294965857+4294781164&keywords=

landyacht
WA, 5921 posts
22 Nov 2011 9:30PM
Thumbs Up

my daughters laptop streches the image and the monaro starts to look nice

harleyd
183 posts
25 Nov 2011 4:38AM
Thumbs Up

yea thats the one his is red with white top white interior.... My friend looked up the value and says it s worth about 22,000.00 american... It really is a nice car. My son and I jusyt got a 73 vw bug up and running as his first car.. fun project.. it had an engine fire and it came with a new carb so all we had to do was rewire the engine comp. she fired right up....i will get a pic of the gto soon

Nikrum
TAS, 1972 posts
25 Nov 2011 10:27AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Big Motor Bike,
How could anything not named for an Indian tribe not be nice.
The Firebird was one on my favorites but like most YANK Tin of those times you needed your own private Well to supply the fuel[}:)] I even had a Crush on the Ford Cobra and GT 40. Shoot! That was a whole nother life time ago

harleyd
183 posts
27 Nov 2011 3:12AM
Thumbs Up

gt 4o....................my dream car

Subscribe

Forums > Land Yacht Sailing Construction

"new sailor in Northern California." started by harleyd