Forums > Land Yacht Sailing   Events & Competitions

SA Lake Gilles National comps Easter 2008

Created by hills > 9 months ago, 2 Mar 2008
hills
SA, 1622 posts
3 Mar 2008 12:29AM
Thumbs Up

ALL CUT & PASTED FROM OTHER THREADS:

Just received this via email from David Rose. Please email him for this form and the ALSA rules if required.

Lake Gilles
Australian Land Sailing Association
National Championships Trophies
&
Perpetual Trophy for the Marathon
Will be held on the 21st-22nd 23rd-24th March 2008

David Webster the President of the Queensland Land Sailing Club will be bringing down a
Hungi to provide evening meal that take about seven hours to cook during the day.

We will be having a community breakfast Saturday morning as we did last Year.
All Land Yachts will be scrutineer plus the sail as well.
Bring plenty of water and take it easy driving down the track there are 25 Kilometers
to reach the Lake .
ALSA members Registration fee $20
Non ALSA Member fee $30
Please forward your registration form to The Adelaide Land Yacht Club by the 4th of March 2008
So we can cater for you. Email budrose@picknowl.com.au
Or 92 Milne Road, Para hills, Adelaide SA 5096
Name ---------------------------------------
Club…………………… Phone Number………………………….
Address…………………………………………………………….
Email:……………………………………………………………… Class of Yacht………………Sail Number …………………….
Indemnity
I,…………………………….of the above address, agree to abide by the rules
Of the Australian Land Sailing Association, hereinafter referred to as “ALSA”, and I declare that I am entering this event of my own free will land upon my own responsibility.
In consideration of being permitted by the ALSA to participate in this event, I hereby waver any claims for damages or otherwise which I may have against ALSA or its committee members, or any of them arising in any way out of the event and I release ALSA , its committee or its members and each of them from all actions.
claims or demands which but for this waver I may have against ALSA , its Committee or members ,or each of them.

Signed…………………………………………Date……………………….

(Parent if under16…………………………… Date…………………………

hills
SA, 1622 posts
3 Mar 2008 12:30AM
Thumbs Up

Quote: Dave Webster:

nominations are due on the 4th of march,

1 : If you are attending please put your nomination in berfore the due date.

2 : If for some reason you are attending and wish to pay your fees on arrival you still must put your nomination in by the due date, and you will pay the late fee.

3 : For those that are going to wait and see, you will pay the late fee and will NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE PART IN THE BREAKFAST OR THE HUNGI , as catering will be organised only for those that have nominated by the due date ,NO EXPTIONS.

IN OTHER WORDS PLEASE PUT YOUR NOMINATIONS IN ASAP

hills
SA, 1622 posts
3 Mar 2008 12:30AM
Thumbs Up

Quote Promo Girl:

We received this from DR this week. I know others were interested so thought it appropriate to share.
Susan

Read your ALSA Rules
Program for National Championships
Easter Lake Gilles 2008
This Program is run by ALSA Rules
Friday21st February
Scrutinizing and Pilots Meeting, Practice sailing course
Pilots meeting in the evening.

Sail Master Ross Gamlin & scrutinizing.

Saturday 22nd February
Community Breakfast
Pilots meeting 9.00am
Class `V` Racing Providing their sufficient wind
Blokarts &Mini Yacht Racing

This will continue through out the day.

Evening Hungi meal.

Sunday 23rd February
Pilot Meeting 9.00am
Class `V` Racing providing their sufficient wind.
Blokarts Racing & Mini Yachts
Perpetual Racing Marathon

Evening Presentation of Trophies

hills
SA, 1622 posts
3 Mar 2008 12:31AM
Thumbs Up

Quote Promo Girl (Quoting DR)

Directions to Lake Gillies as supplied br David R

this the sign to look for coming from Kimba is another 40 kilometres
you will then see this sign displaying GO SLOW DOWN THE TRACK on your left hand side of the road you are drving .
there 25 kilometres of track you follow the dog fence , track it easy and drive slow it will take you at lease hour .

I will send you satellite reading later on one to the entrance from the road and the other to the camping site.
Bring plenty of water and your provision to eat, we have toilet facilities one for the ladies and one for the men .
there will be a marquee tent for shade for the spectators.
Happy Sailing
From David

hills
SA, 1622 posts
3 Mar 2008 12:50AM
Thumbs Up

Quote... umm... someone, Dave W I think.

all non sailing members will have to fill in the nomination form as a non sailer. The cost for the breaky and the hungi will be $10.00 . I apoligise for the over site , in saying that we would need the nominations by the 4 th of March.

Promo girl
259 posts
4 Mar 2008 3:44PM
Thumbs Up

Has anyone heard yet what night/day the ALSA AGM will be held @ Gillies? So far it is not on the program?
According to the consitution it is supposed to be held at the Nationals and we were supposed to be notified in writing 30 days prior.
We have not heard yet so I was wondering if anyone else has? Perhaps our notification is still in the mail?
I have a couple of questions I would like to put forward for consideration.
Promo girl

hills
SA, 1622 posts
4 Mar 2008 8:02PM
Thumbs Up

I haven't and the way this weekend is shaping up as far as bush fire danger goes, I doubt I'll see them before the big event. Might pay to phone David.

hills
SA, 1622 posts
17 Mar 2008 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

Well I guess everone will be heading off for Lake Gilles any day now. I hope you all have a great time and good winds!! Drive carefully and take lots of photos to post here for those of us not fortunate enough to attend. (Include the party photos as well as the sailing photos )

lachlan3556
VIC, 1066 posts
17 Mar 2008 7:04PM
Thumbs Up

LOTS of photos

Subscribe

Forums > Land Yacht Sailing   Events & Competitions

"SA Lake Gilles National comps Easter 2008" started by hills