Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

2011 Simon Anderson 9'6

Created by SUPfool > 9 months ago, 9 Aug 2010
SUPfool
21 posts
9 Aug 2010 1:21PM
Thumbs Up

Thought I might let you in on a little secret......

9'6 x 30" x 4" Simon Anderson Stand Sure Fiber Flex, 137lt and weighing 9kg.

Shhhhh......dont tell anyone.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
9 Aug 2010 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

pretty nice looking shape that one

Serendip
NSW, 44 posts
9 Aug 2010 3:52PM
Thumbs Up

Tom Carrol was rip'n on that yesterday up on the northern beaches--test pilot???
Simon Anderson, Hayden and TC ,what a combination

boarder paul
1952 posts
9 Aug 2010 3:53PM
Thumbs Up

I see you moved to here, OK

Can i ask again, why you went for 9'6 vs a straight 9'0 with it being 30 wide

Love that board but prefer to go shorter myself, So just wanted to know your reason.

SupCulture
NSW, 33 posts
9 Aug 2010 5:57PM
Thumbs Up

This is actually a Custom version of mass produced Stand Sure 9ft 6in 5 fin model. We are experimenting with our designs and construction techniques and when we mentioned this to Hayden Cox he was keen to see how the Fibreflex technology would work with Stand Up Boards. The result is this stringerless 9 6 with carbon fibre rails for strength and flex. Uses approximately double the CF that usually associated with short boards.
TC launched it over the weekend at Newport reef. Apparently he was throwing it around a bit (independent report) No word from TC yet tho'. Looking fwd to some feedback.

SupCulture
NSW, 33 posts
9 Aug 2010 6:22PM
Thumbs Up

boarder paul said...

I see you moved to here, OK

Can i ask again, why you went for 9'6 vs a straight 9'0 with it being 30 wide

Love that board but prefer to go shorter myself, So just wanted to know your reason.

All of Simon's shapes up until now have been 96 and longer. This is because he's a big bloke and enjoys riding larger boards. As far as the width is concerned, 30in wide is a good compromise between balance and performance. Of course some guys want narrow and shorter boards, but when you get to that level, you're dealing with guys who are competent SUP surfers and for that level we offer custom boards. Happy to get the feedback tho'

boarder paul
1952 posts
9 Aug 2010 4:49PM
Thumbs Up

Yes i agree, I am looking foe a board at 30 wide or just under and 9'0 no other reason than i like 9ft

I want it stable as my naish mana but it must turn like a short board

This is the reason i picked up on the dimentions, shame its not a stock board

shunter
WA, 441 posts
9 Aug 2010 6:52PM
Thumbs Up

Have you used high density foam in the rails with the CF and a EPS core. Or is it all EPS and CF rails. I like having perimeter rails. I have used timber in the past on a short board but the next one I build I am going to use HDF 80kg/m3 on the rails.

Nice shape as well hides the 30" wide well

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2011 Simon Anderson 9'6" started by SUPfool