Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Any feedback on 2012 SA 9' x 31 1/2 CARRIER?

Created by SUPcuz > 9 months ago, 10 Apr 2012
SUPcuz
82 posts
10 Apr 2012 3:30PM
Thumbs Up

Looking at the wood finish 2012 model,

Currently surfin the LSD 9'6", loving it! But.... Looking for something a little shorter/wider.....

Yarn away!

Deano72
NSW, 540 posts
11 Apr 2012 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

I can't comment on the carrier except Iam pretty sure it is 32"wide.
The Simon Anderson 9'0" x 29" looks the goods and is great fun to surf

SUPcuz
82 posts
11 Apr 2012 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

Ah yes, the 9' x 29" sure is a good looker,

I'm pretty sure the 2012 9' carrier is 31 1/2" as opposed to 32", just don't think the website has been updated?

Wood finish also does not feature on the Stand sure website.

I hear the new wood veneer finish boards are a little lighter? Hope so cause the white ones weigh a TON

What's with the pads falling to pieces too? Seen a few LSD and SA sups with crumbling deck pads? Yours looks like theyve adopted the old grooved pads as opposed to the diamond deck pads, safe.

Deano72
NSW, 540 posts
11 Apr 2012 9:24PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah the diamond pattern deck grip has been replaced with more durable grooved stuff with the latest boards.....SA & LSD.
We can add your name to the list of people keen to see the WoW website updated.....you should see some of their new race and down wind boards!!....there is a couple of threads on here.
The timber veneer boards feel nice & light....haven't weighed them though.
The current WoW stocklist says the 9'0" carrier is 32"wide, 138 litres.

SUPcuz
82 posts
12 Apr 2012 8:52AM
Thumbs Up

Cheers Deano, yeah pretty poor that the website is so behin...... Boo

Check this link, it has a 9' Carrier, used, up for grabs, and the dims shot shows 31 1/2 for width.

www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=464619077

Can't wait to get on one!

standupper
387 posts
12 Apr 2012 11:19AM
Thumbs Up

Hey SUP cuz, you should try the LSD 8'6 if you want shorter and wider. A mate of mine has just swapped from the 9'6 LSD down to the 8'6 and reckons it is more stable and 10x more fun. I'm currently 90kg and ride the 8'6 and 8'8 LSD's.

SUPcuz
82 posts
12 Apr 2012 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Andrew, yeah I've eyed up the 8'6" but can't afford a new one!

This used Carrier came up and looks the goods, so seems a good option.

Know anyone keen to trade their flashback for a 9'6" LSD?

Would love to keep the LSD for juicer days, but just can't afford a quiver of sup boards!!!

tomooh
276 posts
13 Apr 2012 6:03AM
Thumbs Up

hi sup cuz i bought the 9.0 jamie mitchell surftech on trademe last week feels good to surf but I would consider swapping for your 96 lsd if you were over here in Taranaki sometime you could have a look. Dave

Serendip
NSW, 44 posts
13 Apr 2012 10:02AM
Thumbs Up

hey SUP cuz,

the boys at www.walkonwater.co.nz are just about to receive a container ( its on the wharf but held up due to strikes) of new boards, LSD , Standsure Anderson, and WOW Race and Down winders.
email nik@walkonwater.co.nz for the details.
hope this helps

serendip

SUPcuz
82 posts
13 Apr 2012 9:14AM
Thumbs Up

Hey tomooh, cheers for the offer fella, did look at the JM 9' myself, but at 120L I'm not sure It would hold my 100 clicks! Too many pies!

Serendip, is Mike Cann still involved with the WoW distribution over this way?

Kinda keen on the flashback now........

standupper
387 posts
13 Apr 2012 1:50PM
Thumbs Up

SUPcuz said...

Hey tomooh, cheers for the offer fella, did look at the JM 9' myself, but at 120L I'm not sure It would hold my 100 clicks! Too many pies!

Serendip, is Mike Cann still involved with the WoW distribution over this way?

Kinda keen on the flashback now........

Yes Mike Cann is the man to talk to at Walk on Water NZ

SUPcuz
82 posts
14 Apr 2012 2:27PM
Thumbs Up

How's the diamond grip holding out on your 8'8" by the way? Have heard of a few warranty claims on em as some are just falling to pieces..... All being honoured by the distributor tho which is admirable

standupper
387 posts
14 Apr 2012 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

SUPcuz said...

How's the diamond grip holding out on your 8'8" by the way? Have heard of a few warranty claims on em as some are just falling to pieces..... All being honoured by the distributor tho which is admirable

Yeah unfortunately they looked really good but didn't last. Mine is getting replaced soon. The new grip looks good too though so no drama.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Any feedback on 2012 SA 9' x 31 1/2 CARRIER?" started by SUPcuz