Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Any new Fanatic boards for 2012/13

Created by brusier > 9 months ago, 17 Jun 2012
Noland
31 posts
30 Aug 2012 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

ScarbsSUP said...

By some weird fluke or mistake, one of the 14' x 27.5" Falcons is in our first order of North stuff and is en-route as we speak.

We should have it by around mid September. It'll be the only one in Oz until later in October.

A win for the good guys! YAY!

DM

Very good! Posted pics soon afterward I trust. I hope they show up here sooner than expected.

KNXSUP
WA, 88 posts
31 Aug 2012 3:41PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Darren, When can i put an order in for a 14 x25 Falcon?
How come you decided to go 27.5 wide? More stability in the ocean?
I also see you have got the in for sale. They would be the perfect size for youth, can you get them in the white colour as well our only green? Cheers

ScarbsSUP
WA, 354 posts
Site Sponsor
3 Sep 2012 10:28AM
Thumbs Up

We have 2 x 14 x 25 on the initial order, one for Darren the other is up for grabs, if you are interested in securing it or placing a subsequent order then give us a call, money down secures the gear, 1st come 1st served!!

ScarbsSUP
WA, 354 posts
Site Sponsor
3 Sep 2012 10:46AM
Thumbs Up

KNXSUP said...

I also see you have got the in for sale. They would be the perfect size for youth, can you get them in the white colour as well our only green? Cheers

Hi Warren,

Can you clarify the above question? Are you talking about the 8'6" Ripper/Allwave?
We did order Rippers and 8'6" Allwaves, but of course in limited numbers.

I have ordered a few boards for myself to play with this season. I have a 14' x 25" for Flat Water racing and the 14' x 27.5" for downwinding. I also have a 12'6" x 27.5" for BOP racing.

Selecting the boards for racing is easy from Fanatic. 14ft for distance and Downwind and 12'6" for short course racing. If you only do flat water and you want ultimate speed, the 25, if you want DW or ocean as well, 27.5" if you are a heavier rider and want stability for DW or ocean, go 30", Easy!

Same with 12'6". Match the width (see stability), to your weight and away you go.

DM

petedorries
QLD, 700 posts
3 Sep 2012 1:35PM
Thumbs Up

A really successful FANATIC Demo Day at Currumbin yesterday.
Very popular was the 27"inch BOP Board. If you are a little bit iffy in the waves or chop this is the board for you.
I was pleasently suprised on how fast it felt and its stability at BOP training on saturday. This was our first look at the 27'incher here in Qld.

BTW. Saturday had the best downwind conditions for a while. Myself and Jacko had the time of our lives on the 25"inchers

brusier
192 posts
3 Sep 2012 4:23PM
Thumbs Up

I have a 14' Falcon ordered and know it will be just what I am after for some ocean paddling and downwinders. Any chance of some pictures especially the bow and rocker ?

KNXSUP
WA, 88 posts
4 Sep 2012 8:48PM
Thumbs Up

Why is it we can get the Fanatic 2013 brochure online and all sorts of pics for the boards but no mention of how much the boards weigh? Also they mention nothing about the new technology/fibrr they are using?
Can someone please do a comprehensive comparison between the 2012\2013 models.
Darren I see you are clearing the shelves for you're 2013 stock, can i t tempt you to move on the 14 flatwater?
In my earlier post i meant to say that the Rays look like good boards for youth, being 11ft. What weighs less these or the carbon 12.6 x25 falcons?

ScarbsSUP

KNXSUP said...

Hi Warren,

Can you clarify the above question? Are you talking about the 8'6" Ripper/Allwave?

I have ordered a few boards for myself to play with this season. I have a 14' x 25" for Flat Water racing and the 14' x 27.5" for downwinding. I also have a 12'6" x 27.5" for BOP

Selecting the boards for racing is easy from Fanatic. 14ft for distance and Downwind and 12'6" for short course racing. If you only do flat water and you want ultimate speed, the 25, if you want DW or ocean as well, 27.5" if you are a heavier rider and want stability for DW or ocean, go 30", Easy!

Same with 12'6". Match the width (see stability), to your weight and away you go.

DM

brusier
192 posts
5 Sep 2012 5:03AM
Thumbs Up

They are using HRS and CS tech, check out website (or the windsurfing web site).

They do weights of their windsurfing kit and I find it interesting as well. Maybe it s because of the variation in weights or they just don't know which would be surprising ?

The thing is some shops only order what you ask for,don't carry everything or even have demo boards so the brochure needs to give a bit more information I think.

paul.j
QLD, 3341 posts
5 Sep 2012 9:21AM
Thumbs Up

To give you idea on the weight of the new 14x25 carbon I weighed it and it came to 12.2 kg which for the very first board made seems pretty good!! Hope this helps a bit.

ScarbsSUP
WA, 354 posts
Site Sponsor
8 Sep 2012 11:14AM
Thumbs Up

KNXSUP said...

Why is it we can get the Fanatic 2013 brochure online and all sorts of pics for the boards but no mention of how much the boards weigh? Also they mention nothing about the new technology/fibrr they are using?
Can someone please do a comprehensive comparison between the 2012\2013 models.
Darren I see you are clearing the shelves for you're 2013 stock, can i t tempt you to move on the 14 flatwater?
In my earlier post i meant to say that the Rays look like good boards for youth, being 11ft. What weighs less these or the carbon 12.6 x25 falcons?
ScarbsSUP

KNXSUP said...

Hi Warren,

I have ordered a few boards for myself to play with this season. I have a 14' x 25" for Flat Water racing and the 14' x 27.5" for downwinding. I also have a 12'6" x 27.5" for BOP

DM

Definitely the carbons weigh less, the Rays are designed as cruisers, so think pottering off the back of a boat at Rotto or cruising around on an inland lake, wide & stable, but not a performance race board. also they come in a HRS construction so similar to a regular allrounder SUP in terms of weight.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Any new Fanatic boards for 2012/13" started by brusier