Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Guy Leech 11'6' epoxy board from Anaconda

Created by mickyc54 > 9 months ago, 19 Mar 2012
mickyc54
51 posts
19 Mar 2012 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

Has anyone else tried this board? My partner uses one and loves it. It was a great price. We got one with a board bag for $749.We have only used it on flat water so far, but I know someone that surfs one and he reckons it is as good as boards that cost twice as much.

MFPH
NSW, 80 posts
19 Mar 2012 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

Hi,I have one its a great entry level board,once you are up and going though you will be looking for more performance out of your board.

TheGoodDr
SA, 216 posts
20 Mar 2012 5:50PM
Thumbs Up

I've had the 11'6" and the 10'6" version. Bought both as starters for the family and they fit the bill perfectly although the weight became inconvenient particularly with any distance to walk to the water. Many top-end boards would weigh only half as much.

The 11'6" is a good cruiser for flat and ocean paddling. Both boards are quite good in the surf up to around head high and perform much better with a decent centre fin and sides removed. One of my regular paddling partners uses a 10'6" as his surfing sup, and he is a very talented longboarder.

I agree that at that price they are great value. They provide a very stable board to learn on and are good enough to give you time to understand what you ultimately want from a board.....then spend the bucks when you know

momasfolly
VIC, 237 posts
29 Mar 2012 11:04PM
Thumbs Up

Been using one for nearly a year now. Purchased as a first SUP. Bought it for smaller surf from 6 inches to 2-3 foot. Found the limit at around 10' . Super fun and super enrty board! The whole family loves it, would not sell it for that reason. Yet, for surf once you get going performance wise you will look for other boards.

Well worth the expense as a starter all around board,

BrisKites
QLD, 1290 posts
30 Mar 2012 12:43AM
Thumbs Up

Didn't think much of them.
Weighs about the same as my Mitsubishi Triton!!!

momasfolly
VIC, 237 posts
1 Apr 2012 10:13PM
Thumbs Up

Yes it is heavy Bris Kites. But stable and as a starter, Super board. Works a treat from 6" to 10 foot!

BrisKites
QLD, 1290 posts
2 Apr 2012 9:49AM
Thumbs Up

Yep, quite stable. Just the lifting on to the car bit.

momasfolly
VIC, 237 posts
2 Apr 2012 11:16PM
Thumbs Up

Long carry from the beach is a two up job, the land cruiser is a clean and jerk routine! But in the water, a treat to use. Whole family likes mine!!

mickyc54
51 posts
10 Apr 2012 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

This is a great entry level board at a superb price. The only thing that beats it is the 'soft tops' available at Sabre Surf (I got quoted $589 for an 11'6' soft top with a carbon fibre paddle included). My partner loves the Guy Leech board and I'm thinking of using it myself. I'm a big fan of the inflatables though.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Guy Leech 11'6' epoxy board from Anaconda" started by mickyc54