Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

New Starboard 2013 Surf Sups looking good.

Created by sckitesurf > 9 months ago, 16 Oct 2012
sckitesurf
QLD, 191 posts
16 Oct 2012 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

Nice! new Toy's too play with.
The new 9'5" X 30

No bung (gas) plug in the boards this year for 2013.

Looks like the tail is squared up this year.

This is my new toy happy days,

& may be this one !

I love the tail lift or kick on this board & the paint job.

So you want a demo, Starboard 2013 on the sunshine coast

Going out tomorrow am on my new blue baby, Hope there's a wave nothing worse than having some new toy's & not been able to use them.
NICE!

JonesySUP
QLD, 872 posts
16 Oct 2012 10:05PM
Thumbs Up

Happy days, the new starboard shapes look sick and will be excellent in the water!!

Mottman29
WA, 80 posts
16 Oct 2012 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

Wow, love the 2013 look... has anyone got the link to the 2013 Starboard SUP Catalogue??? I can not seem to find it online. Word is these have already snuck into WA too... bloody beautiful mate!!!

stimo
WA, 874 posts
16 Oct 2012 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

Mottman29 said...
Wow, love the 2013 look... has anyone got the link to the 2013 Starboard SUP Catalogue??? I can not seem to find it online. Word is these have already snuck into WA too... bloody beautiful mate!!!

Think Ian's got some floating round good looking boards the official release must be soon ?

Squid Lips
WA, 708 posts
16 Oct 2012 11:51PM
Thumbs Up

Which model is your new blue one? The bit of colour on the carbon boards looks great.

I haven't looked too close at the smaller models from previous years so may be nothing new but the rails in the tail look quite soft and thick, or is it just the angle of the photos?

zerolimit123
1 posts
17 Oct 2012 1:55AM
Thumbs Up

Is that the only size the Starboard Converse will be offered in now 9'5", or also 9'0"? Have been debating the Converse or Fanatic Allwave 9'2"? Any thoughts? I'm REALLY close to pulling the trigger on the Allwave, was actually minutes away from placing the call to order it, but always love another opinion especially now that this has sparked my interest. I'm new to surfing, 5 months surfing 4-5 days a week and feel I've progressed enough where I want a shorter board. I'm 160lbs (73kg) and have been riding a surftech Takayama 11'6" X 29" X 4 all summer. East coast of the US, so mostly choppy conditions 3-5ft high. Windsurfing is a future thought but not right away. Thanks in advance for the help.

Ali Cat
QLD, 1205 posts
17 Oct 2012 4:20AM
Thumbs Up

Can't wait to jump on my new 8'5" Pro, which is waiting for me to get back to Oz next week

roachy
NSW, 387 posts
17 Oct 2012 9:14AM
Thumbs Up

Mojo , you lucky man all those beautiful toys to choose from , any little sizes in the demos? A bit of sharing perhaps , your green one looks nice.

sckitesurf
QLD, 191 posts
17 Oct 2012 9:11AM
Thumbs Up

Squid Lips said...
Which model is your new blue one? The bit of colour on the carbon boards looks great.

I haven't looked too close at the smaller models from previous years so may be nothing new but the rails in the tail look quite soft and thick, or is it just the angle of the photos?

The Blue Carbon I have taken is the 9'5" X 30, Converse +, I'm 105kg. Was using the 9 X 30 Converse last year, this new board will have more use for me as it will go off but will make it easy. The Rail is not as thick as last years 9 X 30, Converse, From the front to mid back of the board it seems ever so slightly chimed rail from the bottom of the board so the outer edge is finer, Think this might help the board not to catch a rail on a sucky wave but also hold a better rail in in the wave, might feel a bit loos "(& thats good)", but the tail rail is quite squared off & yes it dose have some Volume in the tail compered to the Pro boards (green one). This will be a great big boys Pro board with a great big sweet spot & all round use. as well as the board most people can get on & have as there one do it all board. "I think"

sckitesurf
QLD, 191 posts
17 Oct 2012 9:24AM
Thumbs Up

zerolimit123 said...
Is that the only size the Starboard Converse will be offered in now 9'5", or also 9'0"? Have been debating the Converse or Fanatic Allwave 9'2"? Any thoughts? I'm REALLY close to pulling the trigger on the Allwave, was actually minutes away from placing the call to order it, but always love another opinion especially now that this has sparked my interest. I'm new to surfing, 5 months surfing 4-5 days a week and feel I've progressed enough where I want a shorter board. I'm 160lbs (73kg) and have been riding a surftech Takayama 11'6" X 29" X 4 all summer. East coast of the US, so mostly choppy conditions 3-5ft high. Windsurfing is a future thought but not right away. Thanks in advance for the help.

The Converse comes in 9X30 137L & Converse+ 9'5X30 140L, If you are going to wind surf you can get the Silver in Starboard & it will have the mounts, for Wind surfing & straps. I would think the 9 x30 is big for you at 73kg. I'm 105kg on a good day & I used the 9" most of the year, the Sunny Coast is also a bit sad for waves but this board did well & feels Quick on the wave. Lots of FUN.

sckitesurf
QLD, 191 posts
17 Oct 2012 9:43AM
Thumbs Up

green menace said...
Mojo , you lucky man all those beautiful toys to choose from , any little sizes in the demos? A bit of sharing perhaps , your green one looks nice.

Matt, Always ready to share but unfortunately most of the demos are the newbees & all round boards only have some mid size performance boards for the average Joe & big boys like me, & most of you light performance guy's are on such small boards they are hard to sell once used if you don't buy them, as you guys know what you are looking for in a board & get custom boards. But we have some shop riders that you know that you can defiantly hook up with to Demo the smaller PRO boards or I can make it happen, If you can't hook up. hope to see you soon. I would love to have you back on a starboard & Going Off.. Not falling off. Just joking!

surf4fun
WA, 1313 posts
17 Oct 2012 12:22PM
Thumbs Up

Mottman29 said...

Stand Up Surf Shop have plenty of the new catralogues in store, hot off the press yesterday. Getting first delivery today but will have to be quick as half a dozen of them are already pre sold!

roachy
NSW, 387 posts
18 Oct 2012 7:28AM
Thumbs Up

Well jono they look like the wait has been well worth it , like the new rounded square shapes.

TrevT
QLD, 136 posts
19 Oct 2012 5:24PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome, im excited now

gregc
VIC, 1298 posts
19 Oct 2012 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

when will they be up on the website????

roachy
NSW, 387 posts
21 Oct 2012 5:33PM
Thumbs Up

Saw Dewsy out on the new 7'4 throwing it around on 1ft slop , board looked good under his feet .He was quite impressed with his new quiver !

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"New Starboard 2013 Surf Sups looking good." started by sckitesurf