Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

PSH 10'6 AA a dinosaur?

Created by GizzieNZ > 9 months ago, 22 Oct 2011
GizzieNZ
4102 posts
22 Oct 2011 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone got any thoughts on this board....recently sold my SB Hero & am thinking if I can buy a second hand board 10'6 for the same price I sold my Hero for I could be a winner??
A bit of a dinosaur in that it hasn't even got a deck hand grip but has got good pedigree.
Got my PSH 9'6 ripper for the really good calm water sucky surf days

SUPcuz
82 posts
22 Oct 2011 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

hey surferlot? guessing you've got your eye on the one that's on TM just now? i rec if you can get it for under 1K it's worth it, otherwise could be paying too much for 5 year old technology...... good luck!

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
23 Oct 2011 2:43AM
Thumbs Up

yep that be me....

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
23 Oct 2011 11:40AM
Thumbs Up

I suppose that the line of thought I am extending is a that a good well designed & proven board may be a good board regardless of current trendy ideas that are momentarily in fashion.
Though it appears there are not hundreds of people jumping up & down in their eagerness to express an opinion on this board.
Come on guys.....there must be someone who has ridden this board & is sufficiently cohesive enough to express an opinion.

hilly
WA, 7323 posts
23 Oct 2011 1:13PM
Thumbs Up

good board in bigger waves. Bit narrow compared to todays boards and the early ones were a bit on the heavy side. Boardworks versions with handle and quad option lighter. Classic longboard shape.

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
26 Oct 2011 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

Got the dinosaur.....expensive I guess compared to the world you aussie brats live in......but about the same price I sold my Hero for that I hardly ever used.....& on the plus side its got a board bag pus a (slightly junky) paddle. $1220

www.trademe.co.nz/sports/surfing/surfboards/longboards/auction-416638884.htm

standupper
387 posts
26 Oct 2011 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

Good one Gizzie. Pretty cheap I reckon, it seemed to be in good nick. Looks like a fun board to add to the quiver. You'll be styling it up on the old girl this summer. That Drake centre fin looked nasty though, was it off a windsurfer maybe?

AA
NSW, 2159 posts
26 Oct 2011 11:00PM
Thumbs Up

Go Gizzie, that is a fun board. Back in the dark ages - 2009, that was the board for the big stuff.

Here are a couple of shots from the archives.

Drop in a 6" centre in the small stuff and you might want to move that tail pad back about about a foot! Enjoy! AA

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
28 Oct 2011 3:22PM
Thumbs Up

Great surprise...got board....looks very glossy almost like a new board. Chucked a smaller fin on & took it for a paddle on river to ssee what's what.
Actually looks like smaller version of the psh 12 foot gun in that it is quite narrow but also quite thick.
Seemed real easy to bury the tail & do the quick turn thing (which always impresses the local yokels )

standupper
387 posts
28 Oct 2011 3:41PM
Thumbs Up

Whats the width?

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
28 Oct 2011 3:50PM
Thumbs Up

standupper said...

Good one Gizzie. Pretty cheap I reckon, it seemed to be in good nick. Looks like a fun board to add to the quiver. You'll be styling it up on the old girl this summer. That Drake centre fin looked nasty though, was it off a windsurfer maybe?

Did look nasty.....took it off & put it on my 12 foot mickey munoz.....looks much happier there

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
28 Oct 2011 3:53PM
Thumbs Up

Think it is 28 & a half.......the mickey munoz is about an inch narrower than that so the AA feels good

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
28 Oct 2011 3:56PM
Thumbs Up

Was gonna take some pics but it appears my cheapo camera may have drowned......have buried it a container of rice to see if that sucks the moisture out ???

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
28 Oct 2011 4:09PM
Thumbs Up

And I think 149 litres volume.....only 10 litres less than the starboard whopper so there is a lot of stability there as long as you don't mind slight tippiness

AA
NSW, 2159 posts
29 Oct 2011 7:16AM
Thumbs Up

Sorry cant help the 'retro pimping'! I found this classic shot.

Circa 2008-

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
29 Oct 2011 1:33PM
Thumbs Up

Think the rocker looks quite pretty

Southwesterly
112 posts
29 Oct 2011 3:42PM
Thumbs Up

Love the look of a flatter rocker.
The shapers job is to learn how to make the board go fast. I'll learn how to make it turn.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"PSH 10'6 AA a dinosaur?" started by GizzieNZ